R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-15-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default looking for carbon fibre chassis for mugen mbx5r

does anyone know of some one replicating the chassis in carbon fibre for sale online for the mbx5r
Old 06-15-2008, 07:47 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitdog View Post
does anyone know of some one replicating the chassis in carbon fibre for sale online for the mbx5r

No such thing....sorry my freind.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:02 PM   #3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

You would not want one. Aluminum is a much better choice for big nitro cars.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:41 AM   #4
Tech Addict

if you really want one and had an old chassis to send away Fibrelyte in the uk could make one for you as a special order, the problem would be dissipating heat away from the engine area, most carbon chassis i have ever seen somehow integrate ally under the block for this very reason, tbh as stated its probably not worth the expense and a chassis from bce would serve you better.
a win on the lottery :D
slow coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:45 AM   #5
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
You would not want one. Aluminum is a much better choice for big nitro cars.

and u know this how ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 06-16-2008, 07:50 AM   #6
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
No such thing....sorry my freind.
and u know this how ?
oldschoolracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:08 AM   #7
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolracer View Post
and u know this how ?

cuz guys dont invest ALOT of time and Money into a project like that and Never release it...or give any info on it...or have ANY 1 blab about seeing it or anything........Matrix concepts has spent over a year working on a CF chassy for the 8ight...maby he would look into other brands...but from what ive gotten from him...there more then happy with just the losi and dont have much intention to do other trucks....now that was Quite some time ago he told me that....but as of late the buggy chassy has been released...and the truggy chassy is about 3 weeks out....so who know's...maby he is planning something........but i do know for a FACT there isnt any manufacturer making CF chassy's for the mugen buggy....sure there might be a 1 off here or there....more so Over there in the UK would be my guess....there's some Crazy's over there that do some nice CF work...but stilll....its not readily avaliable to the public if anything....and the Sheer Cost of CF most guys would shy away from...bah not u got me ranting...
Old 06-16-2008, 08:12 AM   #8
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Actually people do spend a lot of time and money developing products that never get released. Why? Because they can't make them work.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:19 AM   #9
Suspended

Quote:
cuz guys dont invest ALOT of time and Money into a project like that and Never release it...or give any info on it...or have ANY 1 blab about seeing it or anything........Matrix concepts has spent over a year working on a CF chassy for the 8ight...maby he would look into other brands...but from what ive gotten from him...there more then happy with just the losi and dont have much intention to do other trucks....now that was Quite some time ago he told me that....but as of late the buggy chassy has been released...and the truggy chassy is about 3 weeks out....so who know's...maby he is planning something........but i do know for a FACT there isnt any manufacturer making CF chassy's for the mugen buggy....sure there might be a 1 off here or there....more so Over there in the UK would be my guess....there's some Crazy's over there that do some nice CF work...but stilll....its not readily avaliable to the public if anything....and the Sheer Cost of CF most guys would shy away from...bah not u got me ranting...
"....sure there might be a 1 off here or there...."

I think that simple statement makes the rest of your ramble a moot point.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:24 AM   #10
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolracer View Post
"....sure there might be a 1 off here or there...."

I think that simple statement makes the rest of your ramble a moot point.

ask yourself...what was the original question.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:42 AM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A carbon fiber chassis doesn't work for Nitro cars because of heat. The aluminum chassis pulls heat away from the engine. A carbon fiber chassis will have you running over 300 degrees before you could blink an eye.

I got 99 problems, but a b!#ch ain't one!
Geo Y-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:28 PM   #12
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Y-Rock View Post
A carbon fiber chassis doesn't work for Nitro cars because of heat. The aluminum chassis pulls heat away from the engine. A carbon fiber chassis will have you running over 300 degrees before you could blink an eye.

have u even heard of Matrix Concepts ?
Old 06-16-2008, 02:14 PM   #13
Tech Addict

the one piece engine mount on the mugen would dissipate a certain amount of heat but if it would be enough i dont know, i would imagine the chassis would take the heat but i would wonder about the life span, would the heat start to deform the layers under the chassis ?? i dont know im no expert i have checked their site and they dont list the mbx5 chassis but they do have several 8th circuit chassis listed so they do make chassis.

They are very skilled with carbon and produce chainrings for high level cycles, can you imagine the engineering that goes into a chainring for a bike, included link if for nothing else to have a look at what you can make.

http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/
a win on the lottery :D
slow coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #14
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow coach View Post
the one piece engine mount on the mugen would dissipate a certain amount of heat but if it would be enough i dont know, i would imagine the chassis would take the heat but i would wonder about the life span, would the heat start to deform the layers under the chassis ?? i dont know im no expert i have checked their site and they dont list the mbx5 chassis but they do have several 8th circuit chassis listed so they do make chassis.

They are very skilled with carbon and produce chainrings for high level cycles, can you imagine the engineering that goes into a chainring for a bike, included link if for nothing else to have a look at what you can make.

http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/

What does the mugen 1 peice mount have to do with Anything........u obviously dont know who Robert Over at Matrix is.....first of all....those chassy's Fibre-lyte is making are 100% flat with no front kick...there for unless they took the time to make a mould and came up with all the other innovative stuff robert did...like the replacable droop tabs...and the skid plates....and the fact his motor plate is actually moulded into the CF...and he has Over a Year's worth of testing and developing.....just goes to show how much work and effort it actually takes to make a 1/8 Cf chassy actually work.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:46 PM   #15
Suspended

Quote:
ask yourself...what was the original question.
"does anyone know of some one replicating the chassis in carbon fibre..."