R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-19-2008, 06:28 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave2 View Post
why dose everybody want to know how old i am. that shouldnt matter. if you google muggy steering mod or something like that. a lot of people have had the same problem as im having. but i just cant find anybody that has made a kit to fix it.
Im not trying to be an asshole but the curiosity is killing me. You seem to know a lot about rc cars and are using some pretty big words, but your spelling is horrible so its tough to guess... my guess is 14 or 15?

like I said before, look closely at it and move it slowly with your hands, you should be able to tell where the problem is coming from... or the general area at least.
new to rc cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:51 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crazy4wdracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by new to rc cars View Post
Im not trying to be an asshole but the curiosity is killing me. You seem to know a lot about rc cars and are using some pretty big words, but your spelling is horrible so its tough to guess... my guess is 14 or 15?
Why do you want to know, are you a petafile or something?
crazy4wdracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:53 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No there is no fix it kit. And all R/C cars have this problem, its called lack of maintenance, replace all the bushings and bearings in it, set your EPA on the radio correctly, and maintain it and you wont have a problem.

Kyosho 777 WC w/ big bores, RB S5, ACE 1313 s., Air 357 t., JP-3
HPI Savage X SS, Axial .28, Hitec 5645 Steering servo
Nitro TC3, O.S. .18 CV-R
Associated RC18T, Brushless, Lipo
wes95_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:36 PM   #19
Tech Addict

im not trying to sound like a ass or anything but i know the exact problem but there is no way to fix/tighten it because the way the have it set up is if you go to tighten it (witch dose remove the slop) the steering system will bind up and not steer at all so i havent really a choice to leave it snug but there is a lot of slop in just the left wheel the right on has a normal amount about the same as a jammin x1crt so i dont know what the hell to do besides is to make one
superdave2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:09 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Do you mean the steering servo saver?...turnbuckles are just,pretty much long screws.(studs).

From what i can put together ..when you tighten the the ackerman arm screws that are mounted to the servo saver arms...then it binds?
sachoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:41 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdracer View Post
Why do you want to know, are you a petafile or something?
hop in my van tough guy, theres candy and all the newest rc cars in there, come in and see. Dont worry about the door locking behind you
Attached Thumbnails
??????????????need help with a sterring issue??????????????????????-myvan2008.jpg  
Old 06-19-2008, 08:49 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by new to rc cars View Post
hop in my van tough guy, theres candy and all the newest rc cars in there, come in and see. Dont worry about the door locking behind you

perv
sachoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:16 PM   #23
Tech Addict

you guys are starting to get a little weird
Old 06-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #24
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachoppers View Post
Do you mean the steering servo saver?...turnbuckles are just,pretty much long screws.(studs).

From what i can put together ..when you tighten the the ackerman arm screws that are mounted to the servo saver arms...then it binds?
the servo saver is fine its where the left ackerman connects to the thing the turnbuckle connects cant remember whats its called but when you tighten it it dosent want to move so you have to run it sloppy as shit
Old 06-20-2008, 07:31 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave2 View Post
the servo saver is fine its where the left ackerman connects to the thing the turnbuckle connects cant remember whats its called but when you tighten it it dosent want to move so you have to run it sloppy as shit
A pic of the area you are referring to might help. Do you mean the bolts in the ackerman, or do you mean the other steering post is sloppy, or what?

I don't know that particular truck... but maybe the bushings or bearings in the steering post. (The part that duplicates the movement of the servo saver, but on the other side.) There should be either bushings or bearings in there... they are probably worn... and if they are bushings, see if you can replace them with the same size bearings.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:01 PM   #26
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
A pic of the area you are referring to might help. Do you mean the bolts in the ackerman, or do you mean the other steering post is sloppy, or what?

I don't know that particular truck... but maybe the bushings or bearings in the steering post. (The part that duplicates the movement of the servo saver, but on the other side.) There should be either bushings or bearings in there... they are probably worn... and if they are bushings, see if you can replace them with the same size bearings.
ill try to get a pic but anyways it is the left bolt in the ackerman that connects to the steering post but there isnt any bushing/bering well at least that is what i think but this sunday the whole thing is getting ripped apart and a good inspection done to it so ill chek it out then and give you guys a update on whats all there
Old 06-21-2008, 01:40 AM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Try replacing the bearings and bushings first. Usually the first thing to screw up in your steering rack.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:09 AM   #28
Tech Rookie

Sorry all

Nothing to do with the post itself. But, did that guy say "petafile"? I'm sure he/she meant to say "Pedophile", but the way this thread is going ...

Seriously guys, here's a great website :

http://dictionary.reference.com/

Check it out.

This may end up being my first and last post on this site.
nav99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:14 PM   #29
Tech Addict

who in the hell cares if you spell someting wrong im pretty sure that everybody knows what the person is talking about
Old 06-21-2008, 09:32 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav99 View Post
Sorry all

Nothing to do with the post itself. But, did that guy say "petafile"? I'm sure he/she meant to say "Pedophile", but the way this thread is going ...

Seriously guys, here's a great website :

http://dictionary.reference.com/

Check it out.

This may end up being my first and last post on this site.
Yeah man, the grammar in this thread is embarrassing.