R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Bowfighter ?????? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/226753-bowfighter.html)

malik 06-13-2008 07:19 PM

Bowfighter ??????

I currently run Crimefighter MTR and need a new set and was thinking about trying Bowfighter LPR's. I have heard running either 1 front and rear but cant remember for what reasons. Anyone tried it? Which front rear when why? Thanks

DPowers 06-13-2008 07:21 PM

yeah alot of guys at my home track run that setup it is 2 crime fighters in front and 2 bowties in rear.

Flying Monkey 06-13-2008 07:41 PM

Thats what I have been running in my truggy. Worked pretty good for me. Bow ties all around tried grabbing too hard up front in turns and crimefighters all around slipped too much in rear. So bowties int he back and crimefighters up front worked out really nice for me.

malik 06-13-2008 08:22 PM

Now I have never eun Bowties before, do they wear quicker? And I have heard of people running the Bowtie in the front nobody has? And if so why?

Mo-Bo0st 06-13-2008 08:27 PM

M2 Bowties should give you a decent lifespan...the M3's will wear a bit quicker.

superdave2 06-13-2008 08:45 PM

wow for some reason i have never really thought of running diffrent tires on my truggy i guess i should try it sometime

Flying Monkey 06-13-2008 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mo-Bo0st (Post 4537479)
M2 Bowties should give you a decent lifespan...the M3's will wear a bit quicker.

im guessing since he said LPR he is running truggy and i dont believe truggy bowties come in the different softness like the M class for buggies.

but ive been known to be wrong in the past lol

Don Duct 06-13-2008 10:24 PM

I run this combo. So far it is seems like a decent racing setup.

wes95_z28 06-13-2008 11:09 PM

Bowfighters doesnt sound right to me. Can we please change the name of this tire combo to CrimeTies??? lol I have ran it, it tends to help out allot with forward traction out of the turns for my buggy. Currently running just crimes all around right now though.

Mo-Bo0st 06-13-2008 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey (Post 4537582)
im guessing since he said LPR he is running truggy and i dont believe truggy bowties come in the different softness like the M class for buggies.

but ive been known to be wrong in the past lol

My bad! You could be right, I dont run truggy so I wouldnt know. I just figured that they had different compounds as well.

Bigedmond 06-14-2008 09:25 AM

All proline LPR tires are m2, and they dont plan to release an m3 version. Bow Fighters work great for both buggy and truggy.

Seyruuen 06-14-2008 01:19 PM

"Bowfighers" would be bowties up front and crimefighters in the back.. the name for the tire combo we are spekaing about is "CrimeTies".

The naming convention uses the front tire name first, and the back tire name last. Panther tires which have single names are used as an equivalent. I Have heard "KomodoGators" but only from Panther guys.

say it wrong and people look at you funny, especially at nationals.

malik 06-14-2008 01:53 PM

Yes I know I have mostly heard of people running the bowtie up front IDK I want to know why. I could see me possibly using the bow's in the rear from what was said here but I want to know what the opposite does. If it gives more steering I dont want that I have too much already. I am going to try them anyway I now dont know if I want to try the LPR's out never have before. I always ran MTR's with strapping tape does this need to be done to LPR?

Integra 06-14-2008 02:27 PM

i would highly suggest tire's other then Proline's....imo every set of proline rubber ive ever come across has been Horrrrribly outta balance.....Panther's or GRP imo are 100X better tire....this is mostly for truggy tires....but even the buggy's are a bit outta wack compared to a set of Werks or Losi's....and i have even gone down to balancing foam's and the rims themselve's.....Proline> BAH :rolleyes:

Wild Cherry 06-14-2008 10:56 PM

Think the hot tire @ the Roar Nats was Pro-Line ....;)