Bowfighter ??????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bowfighter ??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Tech Adept

how about (TIE-FIGHTERS)?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Don't even joke like that. George Lucas and his lawyers will jump all over us and demand royalties
Old 06-15-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Think the hot tire @ the Roar Nats was Pro-Line ....

it very well may have been....BUT have YOU ever balanced a set of proline's compared to say Panther's or GRP's ?
Old 06-15-2008, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Yea, I have balanced both before, I think the rim is what is out of balance more than the tire , because I have installed proline tires on other rims and they were good to go . From what I'm hearing all the manufactures of tires and rims new and older are changing sizes and designs ,and also paying more attention to balancing ...
Old 06-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Powerlink
Yea, I have balanced both before, I think the rim is what is out of balance more than the tire , because I have installed proline tires on other rims and they were good to go . From what I'm hearing all the manufactures of tires and rims new and older are changing sizes and designs ,and also paying more attention to balancing ...

its soo not the rims....its the tires.....LRP crimes and Bowties and even the Holeshots in particular are out BIG time.....i cant even Justify adding enuff weight to counterbalance the heavy side...its just NOT worth it......sure some guys will claim u can Never get a tire 100% true...Blatent LIE...Panther's and GRP's in specific needed only .5-1.0grams of counter balance weight.....and the tire would sit at 12-3-6-9 No problems....meanwhile the Proline's ALWAYS Drop to the heavy side unless ur adding 5-10+grams of counter weight.....the proline rims take Maby .2-1.0grams to balance...and All the rims had the Exact same heavy side.......basically it boils down to there's something up with proline's molds that i cant exactly explain.....i Do know of Lots of other racer's who WONT run Proline for this exact same reason....but w/e....i guess i need to take a video and proove that 95% of proline rubber is Totally outta wack.....Even the buggy tires take Signigicantly more weight then say a set of Werks or Losi/Grp's.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
its soo not the rims....its the tires.....LRP crimes and Bowties and even the Holeshots in particular are out BIG time.....i cant even Justify adding enuff weight to counterbalance the heavy side...its just NOT worth it......sure some guys will claim u can Never get a tire 100% true...Blatent LIE...Panther's and GRP's in specific needed only .5-1.0grams of counter balance weight.....and the tire would sit at 12-3-6-9 No problems....meanwhile the Proline's ALWAYS Drop to the heavy side unless ur adding 5-10+grams of counter weight.....the proline rims take Maby .2-1.0grams to balance...and All the rims had the Exact same heavy side.......basically it boils down to there's something up with proline's molds that i cant exactly explain.....i Do know of Lots of other racer's who WONT run Proline for this exact same reason....but w/e....i guess i need to take a video and proove that 95% of proline rubber is Totally outta wack.....Even the buggy tires take Signigicantly more weight then say a set of Werks or Losi/Grp's.

Your spending entirely to much time trying to balance your tires on your toy car. They are offroad vehicles anyway. Within 2 laps on a track your balance is so far off because you hae 5-10 grams of dirt and mud attached to them it doesnt matter. Just get em close, and run the damn things.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Addict

CrossBows:

I tried CrossBows last night and liked them (JC Crosshairs up front, Bowties in rear)
Old 06-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Integra
it very well may have been....BUT have YOU ever balanced a set of proline's compared to say Panther's or GRP's ?

No ...

sorry .....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 06-15-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

thats all ya got george ?????LOL
did you get your buggy and a new engine ?
Old 06-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Legend

O-Yeah Monty , a Rc-8 and a Dynamite .21 & pipe...

Here he comes .....

4 races so far, first race was the Hank Perry....
Old 06-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
Your spending entirely to much time trying to balance your tires on your toy car. They are offroad vehicles anyway. Within 2 laps on a track your balance is so far off because you hae 5-10 grams of dirt and mud attached to them it doesnt matter. Just get em close, and run the damn things.

so ill assume u dont balance anything...and have wobbly bobbly tires that shake the truck to death. ? u own a savage....so u know what the stock tires ride like...... w/e ur opinion and ur entitled to it
Old 06-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I used to balance my buggy tires till they were dead perfect. Then one day decided to take my balancer to the track with me and realized, that after just a few laps on the track, all the time I spent balancing my tires, was a total waist. Unless you can find some way to keep mud dirt and other things from sticking to your wheels and tires, your just waisting your time.

And yes I have a savage??? WTF is that comment suppose to mean??? I also have buggys touring cars and a mean right hook. Got any smartass comments about those?
Old 06-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Lord

Ya i do......savage's have notoriously FLOPPY Joe tires....and knowing the fact u had a savy means u KNOW what horribly outta balance tires look like and feel like.......... ya man im gonna FIGHT U online ..get overurself. im stating blatent facts.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
And yes I have a savage??? WTF is that comment suppose to mean??? I also have buggys touring cars and a mean right hook. Got any smartass comments about those?
That was a little uncalled for...
Old 06-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pro-lines foams are the problem.

Before you mount them up. Check the balance of the bare rim, next check the balance with the rim and foam with no tire, and then check it with the rim/tire and no foam. If you mess around with it you will see how bad the foams really are.

One way to lessen the amount of weights needed is to counter balance the heavy spot of the foam with the light spot on the rim/tire before you glue them. PITA but it helps abit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.