Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30% fuel unavailable

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

one of my LHS's has plenty of Sidewinder 30% worlds blend.............if its been sitting on shelf in climate controlled environment, is the fuel still good? Its been there a year the owner said
Old 06-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I asked an owner of a fuel company one time about the shelf life of his product and he said 8 years. He said I might see some flakes form, that would just be the castor oil, so shake it up. I dont know if this applies to Sidewinder, but I believe shelf life is long.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

coolio..........Im gonna grab a case.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I have also seen "Brand New" bottles come off the hobby shop shelf after a couple years that would NOT run at all. I won't mention the brand but it was a common brand not some cheapo crap. Do yourself a favor and run fresh fuel as much as possible.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I just told my LHS to get me 2 cases of Byron's 30% today....(8 gal. total) ......He told me that he tried to order a pretty big order the other day and says it's on back order till September.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Arrow what 30% ??

Originally Posted by DOMIT
The local rumor is, no more 30% nitro is being produced. Can anyone confirm or dispell this rumor?
hey mate, My LHS hasn't had 30% for ages and it's only untill recently that they got in some 33% but the brand is meccamo i think. ([email protected]) from your mate in oz.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Tech Initiate

30% bought to be in tight supply. Ordered today, and Bryons will not be producing anymore anytime soon. Also drastic price increase of 7 or 8 bucks a gal.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

If you don't think everyone will raise their prices because of market demands, I have some ocean front property I'm selling cheap.... No way Brand X keeps their current price level if brand Y goes up 20-30%. If one company raises their price, they will all follow shortly. That's how you maximize profits when something is in demand. It will all depend on how big the demand gets.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

you know what's funny, even if there isn't an actual shortage of fuel, there will be now with everyone trying to stock up on it
Old 06-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

How does charging more for something solve a shortage issue though ...................now that we are getting a extra 5 bucks a gallon ....we seem to have enough for everyone that wants it . LOL !!

My LHS says there is a shortage ..........but yet I can get 10 cases if I need it !!!! LOL LOL LOL !
Old 06-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Roughrider
30% bought to be in tight supply. Ordered today, and Bryons will not be producing anymore anytime soon. Also drastic price increase of 7 or 8 bucks a gal.
Funny you say that. We all run 30% Byron's at the track. We have plenty od distibuters that bring the fuel every race. No talk about shortage what so ever.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dead1dave
How does charging more for something solve a shortage issue though ...................now that we are getting a extra 5 bucks a gallon ....we seem to have enough for everyone that wants it . LOL !!

My LHS says there is a shortage ..........but yet I can get 10 cases if I need it !!!! LOL LOL LOL !
Sounds alot like the gas prices we are paying... there is a shortage. Anyone pull up to a pump in the last 5 years and not been able to get gas because it was sold out???
Old 06-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

there will be a shortage... the question is how bad will it be?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jgtruggy
Funny you say that. We all run 30% Byron's at the track. We have plenty od distibuters that bring the fuel every race. No talk about shortage what so ever.
Ordered 12 cases today, changed mind and called to change order to 30 cases. Was told that I would be lucky to get the 12. And no more being blended in the foreseeable future.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dead1dave

Dave, you can buy 10 cases now only because there is still stock. When that is gone, what will happen? The shortage is real, otherwise Morgan Fuels and now Byron's wouldn't stop making 30% just because they want to create one. NHRA had serious issues with shortages and has cancelled all testing because VP Race Fuels assured them they could make it through the whole season only if certain steps were taken. When I read that more than a month ago, I wondered if it would affect hobby fuels. Well it has, to what extent remains to be seem, but you can bet the prices will go way up as the supply goes down. Again, we are held hostage by a foreign country (China) because we don't produce enough of it here. We'll see what happens once the Olympics are over or Dow begins to produce it again. Suddenly, it will start arriving from China by the boat load and prices will come down a little, but probably never back to what they were.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.