R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-20-2008, 08:52 AM   #76
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

It's not rumor. There is a nitro shortage. Some manufacturers have stopped making 30 to conserve. Others still have some in stock.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:02 AM   #77
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'm with "looper" on this one. I have a case of Tilted 30%
coming to my doorstep today. Lisa and Homer are great
people to deal with. I'm getting the big order together
for next week. I got to keep my boys running and I would
rather spend the money on nitro fuel than bail. They get
a little wild sometimes and the nitro fumes seem to calm
them down.
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:11 AM   #78
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I kind of hope its true. Maybe it will breathe some life back into minnesota electric off road racing
Old 06-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #79
Tech Elite

I knew the something bad would happen with nitro offroad. It exploded just like the housing market and you just have to sit and wonder when its gonna crumble. This might not be it but if what people are saying is true there might be a good possibility that it is. Nitro anything is so expensive as it is and now we have more expensive fuel. This might be the straw that breaks the camels back. Just my $.02
Old 06-20-2008, 10:41 AM   #80
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joezjr View Post
I knew the something bad would happen with nitro offroad. It exploded just like the housing market and you just have to sit and wonder when its gonna crumble. This might not be it but if what people are saying is true there might be a good possibility that it is. Nitro anything is so expensive as it is and now we have more expensive fuel. This might be the straw that breaks the camels back. Just my $.02
no one asked for your $0.02
electric is history get over it
nitroracer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #81
Tech Elite

Wow. You are an upset little douche bag with a big mouth. What? Didn't you get your nap and bottle today, bitch?
Old 06-20-2008, 10:55 AM   #82
Tech Elite

And see I just gave my opinon about this hurting nitro. I gave my self a little wiggle room to be corrected. Now you said that electric is over. You stated that as a hard fact. What an idiot. You never state facts on a subject like this.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #83
Suspended

Default AE.......................IS THE KILLER OF ALL!

quit whining nitro whores!

electric is where it is!
losidriver70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #84
Tech Elite

I don't think nitro sucks, btw. Its just way to expensive. And with this fuel issue, in my opinon, will at least slow it down quite a bit.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #85
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Sorry, but I just HAVE to get this out.

Electric is the future.
Nitro can't last forever obviously because the simple fact that the fuel is a non-renuable resource. It will be gone sooner or later and people have to keep looking forward.

Nitro powered vehicles will be much more rare now and only the hardcore racers will be able to afford this stuff! I just bought an MBX5-T 3 months ago. I was planning on racing it in the MN nitro series. Now i'm not, I converted it to electric. Do you know why there aren't any teenagers or college aged people in the nitro hobby? Because its so damn expensive! We can't afford this! It's sad because it is falling apart just because of prices and fuel.

nitroracer21,
Electric is history get over it?

What planet did you come from?

I can tell from your username that you like nitro trucks! You know what, good for you. I guess you'll have to change your attitude, (AND YOUR USERNAME) because nitro will be gone sometime in the near future, despite the fact it is really fun! You will have to drop your theories now and move on.
Just so you know this is coming from me, a 16 year old HS student. This isn't just about rc's anymore. I'm just pissed that our goverment as it is now can't look foward and make new ideas. We are investing right now in other countries (and war/oil), when we should be investing in the young people in our own nation.
SO I GUESS WE'RE NOT WORTH IT THEN?

Wrong.

Damn straight we're worth it. The select few rc companies that keep favoring nitro(and the expensive prices we cannot afford), they are saying goodbye to the future and themselves.
rustlerboi1052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:04 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Good point. When was the last time you have seen kids from the age of 6 to the age of 15 racing these. You might see a couple of rich boys but not many cause the average racer isn't crazy enough to buy there kids a nitro vehicle for the simple fact of cost and saftey. The only little kid I have seen that can handle a nitro vehicle is sean van dalen's kid and most of the reason for that is because he has a track in his yard. Not to discredit the kid. He is an awsome racer for his age. But where are the new customers in nitro? At least kyosho, associated, and losi left themselves outs when this whole nitro thing enrons on them
Old 06-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #87
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

i disagree with saying that nitro is sooo more expensive.. i spend way less money in the summer racing nitro then i do in a winter of racing electric... this is just from my experience.. to stay competetive in electric you must spend money and alot of it throughout the year.. just my .02 not trying to argue with anybody..
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #88
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is the perfect way to raise prices on a gallon of Nitro, first say there will be a shortage so the price skyrockets to 35-45 bucks a gallon, then when stock becomes normal again kick the price back down to 30 a gallon and then your happy the price went down but not ot the orginal price when it was originally 20-25 a gallon.
teabag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:10 PM   #89
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminnay View Post
i disagree with saying that nitro is sooo more expensive.. i spend way less money in the summer racing nitro then i do in a winter of racing electric... this is just from my experience.. to stay competetive in electric you must spend money and alot of it throughout the year.. just my .02 not trying to argue with anybody..
Wait till next year or maybe 10 years from now and then you'll find out.
rustlerboi1052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #90
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From NHRA:

"
A combination of demand for and the cost of manufacturing and shipping nitro will keep driving the price of nitro higher; there is no escaping that. Schumacher told me that in the past he was being charged around $2,000 a metric ton for nitro but the latest quotes he has gotten has seen that price more than doubled to around $5,000 a metric ton. "

"
Like it or not, whether you burn $10-a-gallon race gasoline, $3-a-gallon methanol, or $30-a-gallon nitro in your street or race car, you’ll be paying more for it for a long time to come. "

I talked to a few fuel companies, and they are still getting Nitro, but cost has gone up $6 - 8 per gallon. Get used to it.

Brushless is looking better and better every day. ;-)