R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-29-2008, 12:24 PM   #196
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

contact Maxy from Maxy`s Racing fuel ,he has 30%...
Roniel_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:45 PM   #197
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane-o View Post
We spend $600 for a kit, $600 for a motor/pipe, $75 for a set of tires, and hundreds of more dollars on electonics. What I am geting at is I don't see why an extra $10-$20 a gallon is a big deal compared to the thousands we already spend. In Canada I pay $40 per gallon/$160 per case and I will happily pay $60 per gallon if it keeps me racing nitro. Let's try to keep it in perspective.
-Kane
If we buy a real car for $25,000.00, does that mean it's ok to pay $45.00 a gallon for reg unleaded ?
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #198
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbelden View Post
If we buy a real car for $25,000.00, does that mean it's ok to pay $45.00 a gallon for reg unleaded ?
Gas prices for ful-size vehicles are no different. It used to cost me half as much to fill my vehicle 5 years ago. I remember paying 65 cents/L and in Alberta we are paying 1.30 cents/L right now. I have to drive so I don't complain (Although I maybe buying a hybrid SUV soon!).
Old 06-30-2008, 12:11 AM   #199
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane-o View Post
Gas prices for ful-size vehicles are no different. It used to cost me half as much to fill my vehicle 5 years ago. I remember paying 65 cents/L and in Alberta we are paying 1.30 cents/L right now. I have to drive so I don't complain (Although I maybe buying a hybrid SUV soon!).

You may not be complaining, but your buying a hybrid are you not? I'm betting it's not to save the environment.
LosiMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:26 AM   #200
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiMadMan View Post
You may not be complaining, but your buying a hybrid are you not? I'm betting it's not to save the environment.
If it didn't happen to be a Lexus I wouldn't be buying a hybrid. The gas money I save on my SUV will help me pay for rising nitro costs.....lol
Old 06-30-2008, 05:46 AM   #201
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I stocked up on 7 gallons of 30% at $25 a pop for now. Should last me quite a while. Never know.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:02 PM   #202
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric View Post
...For some of the "smaller guys" like TQ and Tilted (and others that sell direct to consumers, as well as the dealers themselves). While the retailers that are taking advantage of the short term oppertunity to bump up the prices and do a little gouging (while spouting "supply and demand!!!, supply and demand!!!), suppliers like TQ stand to build a much larger customer base if they play their cards right.

The key is to resist the urge to build the short term profits by NOT raising prices (or only making minimal increases). They'd be smart to absorb most of any actual nitro cost increases as an investment in their future.

Those that do so will enjoy the long term benefit of getting (and keeping) a plethora (yes Jefe, you have a plethora...) of customers that switch from those brands that do jack the prices up (or whose dealers do so, without the manufaturers keeping them in check). I hope my LHS is smart enough to not engage in gouging. He's already bumped the prices by a buck or so in the last couple of weeks. He's a sharp guy, so I'm guessing he'll do the right thing. If he doesn't, I know I'll be switching brands and buying direct...

That's got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard yet.

LHS are not in the business to giving money away, and neither are the fuel companies.

Let a small fuel supplier absorb the fuel increase, to gain more customers? Yeah. They'll get more customers. But when everything returns to as close to normal as we can expect, they'll jump ship to another fuel.

Very few ppl have loyalty to anything in the R/C world.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:18 PM   #203
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jea3 View Post

LHS are not in the business to giving money away, and neither are the fuel companies.

Let a small fuel supplier absorb the fuel increase, to gain more customers? Yeah. They'll get more customers. But when everything returns to as close to normal as we can expect, they'll jump ship to another fuel.

Very few ppl have loyalty to anything in the R/C world.

Thanks for the input.

Opinions are like ___holes. Everybody has one, and there's no shortage of either on this site...

It's true that the fickle spoiled 'mommy-bought-it-for-me' types (or those who grew up that way) have no loyalty to anything, but it's been my experience that most racers are another matter. Search through some the the "Which engine/fuel/car/truggy is best" type threads for examples...

Buy what you want. If you're a dealer, sell what you want, for whatever price you feel you can get away with. It's (thankfully) a free market here....

Dangit, when did all my favorite cars, trucks, airplanes, and engines become "vintage"???

Last edited by Eccentric; 06-30-2008 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Removed pointless inflamatory remark. Fixed crappy typing (again).
Eccentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:33 PM   #204
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Jea3;4590145]That's got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard yet.

Very few ppl have loyalty to anything in the R/C world.[/QUOTE]

I don't know where this comes from, but 18/20 years ago I bought a JRX2 when they came out and raced it on a oval track. Guess what kind of RC I race 18/20 years later?
LosiMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:17 AM   #205
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=LosiMadMan;4591530]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jea3 View Post

Very few ppl have loyalty to anything in the R/C world.[/QUOTE]

I don't know where this comes from, but 18/20 years ago I bought a JRX2 when they came out and raced it on a oval track. Guess what kind of RC I race 18/20 years later?

You're rare then... We see it here at Hobbytown all the time.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:53 AM   #206
Tech Elite

I can't see what's all the fuss.

I just run on 15% nitro and with a GO 21 the thing is still really fast. Re-shim the head and different plug and away you go. Still mamaged to get on A main pace. Maybe thats the competition, I don't know. But it's all relative.

By the way. 15% nitro with 18% synthetic oil costs me $11 a gallon !! Thats in bulk I know. But hey. Get in with a flying club and order 40 cases......you'd be amazed at the price you get!!

Just my thoughts. I know lots of people like the high nitro content fuels. But I come from a background of low (16%) nitro. So, used to it.

Regards,

British Menace
Old 07-01-2008, 09:15 AM   #207
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

People are really jumping the gun here. The price is going up some, but just like is mentioned in that long post I cut and pasted above.....there are other sources of nitro coming to light. I just recently heard of a new situation which I am hoping is true I'll post when or if I confirm it
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #208
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Around here people are not stocking up for price issues...they're stocking up for availability issues. There's little to no 30% nitro available...and the LHS's cannot order more at this time.
HobbyWing
Hyperion
SUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #209
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNA View Post
Around here people are not stocking up for price issues...they're stocking up for availability issues. There's little to no 30% nitro available...and the LHS's cannot order more at this time.
And that is why the price is going up
losi316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:31 AM   #210
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi316 View Post
And that is why the price is going up
Some people may increase their prices based on supply and demand. We could go on about the elasticity of demand/supply...but the truth is the input costs have changed and are being pushed down to the distributors.
HobbyWing
Hyperion
SUNA is offline   Reply With Quote