Search

8ight shocks vs. Jammin 16mm SBB

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 8ight shocks vs. Jammin 16mm SBB

Hello,
I am curious as to everyone's opinion on how the shocks that come with the Team Losi 8ight Competition Buggy Kit compare to the Jammin 16mm Super Big Bores? Are springs between the two interchangeable and what's the good/bad about the Losi shocks. Thanks a lot.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superx421
Hello,
I am curious as to everyone's opinion on how the shocks that come with the Team Losi 8ight Competition Buggy Kit compare to the Jammin 16mm Super Big Bores? Are springs between the two interchangeable and what's the good/bad about the Losi shocks. Thanks a lot.

they are both quality shocks...but are not interchangable...the shafts on the jammin's are WAY too long for the losi...and the losi's are Way to short for the Jammin....same with the springs...losi's are short...jammin's are longer.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Default 8

Is there a good/bad to either, long or short?
Old 06-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by superx421
Is there a good/bad to either, long or short?

Droop....cars are designed with the stock shocks in mind.....not another 10-15 mm of droop added or subtracted......why exactly are u compaing these 2 ? do u have a losi or Jammin ?
Old 06-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default Losi

I have heard nothing but good things about the 16mm shock from Jammin BUT I am considering buying a Losi Kit and just curious as how those shocks compare to the stock Losi ones. I just can't fathom spending the money on this Losi and immediately spending another $100 on shocks for the Jammins. Thanks
Old 06-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

You can't use the Jammin shocks on the Losi. Losi's suspension is very unique. It uses shorter, short stroke shocks. I would bet this goal was what cause the birth of the super big bores in the first place. Jammin shocks would be WAY too long and would provide no performance benefit anyway.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Lord

WHAT TRUCK do u have ?
Old 06-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I think the losi fans wish they started the big shock trend, mugen was the first to use 13mm shocks, the next in line for big shocks was the cen matrix with its 14.5mm shocks, then came losi with the 15mm shocks then kyosho brought out the 16mm shocks and jammin followed suit
Old 06-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up That's funny.....

I could have sworn that Traxxas was the first with true big bore shocks on thier Revos. Then it was the Losi LST. Now that is a big bore!

TEX
Old 06-13-2008, 01:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Tex,
I thought it was the other way around on those two. I guess it doesn't matter, they were close to about the same time frame.

The rear Losi will fit on the Jammin front, but that is on the buggy. I never looked at the truggy. I did get a full set of Losi 8ight shocks mounted up on the Jammin, but found them to be too short unless the inner most hole on the arm and the lowest hole on the tower were used. With some work on the arms it could be done. Might have to fab something up like the Losi rear truggy arms where the shock has that stand off on the arm. I am wondering how close the Jammin and Kyosho 16mm's are and if the pistons could be swapped out for more options. The springs should fit on either one, but I am not sure on the size of the shock shafts on both which would make the piston swap easier. Yeah I know, why? Just ti see if it could work and performed well on the track.