Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IS MAYFIELD SPONSORED BY GRP?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Default IS MAYFIELD SPONSORED BY GRP?

I HAD THOUGHT HE WAS TAKING A MONTHLY PAY CHECK FROM GRP, BUT AT THE BUGGY NATS HE RAN HIS O.S. SPEED.....
Old 06-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As well as other GRP drivers from what I was told. OS Speed motor(s) with GRP heads on them....
Old 06-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TIME WARP
I HAD THOUGHT HE WAS TAKING A MONTHLY PAY CHECK FROM GRP, BUT AT THE BUGGY NATS HE RAN HIS O.S. SPEED.....
I was pitting across from him and watched his car on track and all I could think about is why anyone would run an orange head. Saxton runs an OS Speed maybe it was his car?
Old 06-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I was pitting across from him and watched his car on track and all I could think about is why anyone would run an orange head. Saxton runs an OS Speed maybe it was his car?
YES I COULD BE WRONG BUT I WAS TOLD THIS FROM SOMEONE ON THE LOSI TEAM AND SPONSORED BY GRP AND I DO BELIEVE THE ANNOUNCER SAID HE WAS RUNNING A SPEED I THINK IT WAS THE FIRST HEAT WHEN MAYFIELD BEAT DRAKE
Old 06-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TIME WARP
YES I COULD BE WRONG BUT I WAS TOLD THIS FROM SOMEONE ON THE LOSI TEAM AND SPONSORED BY GRP AND I DO BELIEVE THE ANNOUNCER SAID HE WAS RUNNING A SPEED I THINK IT WAS THE FIRST HEAT WHEN MAYFIELD BEAT DRAKE
I would not go by what the announcer said. They have no way of knowing what people use and get it wrong frequently.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Who cares. If you are so concerned, find him and ask him yourself instead of spreading misinformation and conjecture.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by largeorangefont
Who cares. If you are so concerned, find him and ask him yourself instead of spreading misinformation and conjecture.
ILL GET RIGHT ON THAT.....WAIT...WAIT...WAIT FOR IT.....WAIT....
YEP JUS CONFIRMED HE SPONSORED BY THEM $400 BUCKS A MONTH AND HE DID RUN THE SPEED IN THE NATS...HM MIGHT BE A SPOT OPEN FOR ME SOON ON THE GRP TEAM
Old 06-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by largeorangefont
I AM SORRY I DIDNT MEAN TO RUFFLE ANY FEATHERS
Old 06-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I would not go by what the announcer said. They have no way of knowing what people use and get it wrong frequently.
At most big races you go to the drivers fills out a sheet with who his/her sponsers are......The ususally do this when signing up or right before the mains....Before the main begins they annouce the drivers and there sponsers......
Old 06-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rossoh10
At most big races you go to the drivers fills out a sheet with who his/her sponsers are......The ususally do this when signing up or right before the mains....Before the main begins they annouce the drivers and there sponsers......
I am familiar with how big races work. I have filled out many myself.

But at THIS race, the announcers were mentioning the products they thought drivers were using, during qualifying, and not always getting it right.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default GRP OR O.S.

I would not go by what the announcer said. They have no way of knowing what people use and get it wrong frequently
ACTUALLY WHEN ITS KENNY BROSCH CALLING THE RACE HE KNOW'S ALL THE GUYS BY HEART HE IS AWSOME AND YES PRO'S ALWAYS RUN MIX MATCHED STUFF THEY WERE ALL RUNNING TRUE GRP'S AT THE NITRO CHALLENGE BACK IN FEB BUT AFTER RUNNING IT THEYLL SEND UP THEYRE DATA ON IT AND CHANGES WILL BE MADE SO IF THEYRE NOT RUNNING IT ITS PROBABLY CAUSE THEYRE WAITING TO RECIVE AN UPDATED MOTOR
Old 06-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

wow...

I think this should stop. Its wrong.

Maifield (notice spelling) was running GRP. I saw it and Rick Hohwart verified it. I filled out a sponsor sheet for Ryan to go to ROAR.. I know what I wrote on there and wasn't OS. I looked at product as I was writing it down....

Funny stuff explaining to Rick how big races work....... LOL
Old 06-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Addict

not to mention 80% of the time they cant even get peoples names right (they always spell my name Jessie lol). Its hard to say what anybody ran without you being there for yourself.

and what happened between whoever should be left there and blowing it out of proportion on a public forum isnt cool at all.

its one thing to post your opinions, but to post individuals funding or altercations between whoever isnt right. JMHO.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Dawn, this rumor sprouted from neobuggy.net reporting that Maifield was running an OS with a GRP head on it.

And yeah, you know Rick needs things explained to him, he's a newb and you know, a little slow.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Davidka
Dawn, this rumor sprouted from neobuggy.net reporting that Maifield was running an OS with a GRP head on it.

And yeah, you know Rick needs things explained to him, he's a newb and you know, a little slow.

I just called Ryan and he laughed.. yea right.. he's not going to run product as per his contract at a national event.... LOL

And, newb Rick.... c'mon.. get it right...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.