Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Axial .28 Froze

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Axial .28 Froze

I have been out of RC for awhile and into big scale and every once in a while I get bored and bring out my savage or revo. And I noticed lately that my Savage which runs an axial .28 really does not want to run period. It will start up and run after several tries but it will be weak on power and die soon after. Once it is dead it will not start up again until it completely cools off. Not only will it not start, the motor itself will not turn over, period, unless I remove the head and take out the the sleeve and put it back together, then it will start up again and do the same thing. Whats happened? It is a pull start and I, nor anyone I know can pull the starter to turn over the motor once its siezed up like this. However, I don't believe the pull start is siezed because if I remove it from the block it will pull freely, and it will start up the motor again once its all cooled off and the sleeve has been removed and everything inside cleaned. Anybody got any idea whats going on? I called Axial Engines and they told me it's because it's so new (only about 2 quarts), but I really don't believe them, because it shouldn't have to be rebuilt every time to turn over and run for 2 minutes . Thanks for any help.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

That motor sounds blown do you store it properly? The Axial engines are in my eyes the biggest pieces of sh#% ever. They do make good power in monster trucks but they have the worst carbs and are prone to leaks everywhere. If you dont throw it away, take it all apart and clean it withe denatured alcohol seal everything throw away the carb and get a mach 427 carb off ebay for it and seal the neck of that also.