R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #31
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaze View Post
Not sure what you did wrong with this starter but it works fine on my eight. You just need to line it up then put pegs in place. Mine has worked great with no issues. Are you sure you assembled it properly.
Mine lines up its just the brackets that hold the pegs are too thick and don't let the chassis get down low enough, if i remove the front bracket and the chassis rests directly on the box and then push down on the back of the buggy to start it makes decent contact with the wheel. But having no front pegs is far from ideal. But i will have another fiddle around with it and make sure.

Awesome, thanks for everyone's input and the pics from nitro neil, i think im going to go with the ofna truggy box. Im willing to shell out the big $$ on a box if it means that it will be the only box that ill ever have to buy so that's why im being such a pain about making sure i pick the right box and it fits the 8ight and other buggies to come. The Kyosho Multi Starter Box Pro 2.0( http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/9126 ) looks the goods also with its small wheel and the amount of peg adjustment on that thing any more input on that would be great too.

So still open to any and all input and a big thanks.
Jonro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Has anyone tried replacing the Losi 550 motors with the 775 motors?
Chill_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:41 PM   #33
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

I looked at doing it. It can be done, but the motors barely fit. The mounting holes are way different, so you'd have to drill new holes for sure. It would be worth the money to just buy some lathe motors and be done with it. I went as far as replacing all the Losi innards with the innards from my OFNA truggy box. With some trimming of the bracket, that can be done as well...
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:22 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I knew it would be some work to make them fit.
Chill_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:46 PM   #35
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Chill_Will for what its worth....get the Lath's like KB said.....imo there the cats A** and at 18$ a peice...u cant really go wrong.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:30 PM   #36
Tech Adept

Just a big thanks for all the advice, i ended up going with the blue ofna truggy box and it works perfectly, heaps of power and easy to setup for the 8ight.

Cheers.
Jonro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:44 PM   #37
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Chill_Will for what its worth....get the Lath's like KB said.....imo there the cats A** and at 18$ a peice...u cant really go wrong.
Where can u get those at?
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:50 PM   #38
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lathe motors for like tire truers, or comm cutters. They are stock can looking motors but they are 55-turn. Or like a rock crawler motor. Something along those lines. Tons, and tons of torque.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:30 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)
Send a message via MSN to MBR52 Send a message via Yahoo to MBR52

I use a Q-World box and they fit my losi 8ight and 8ight t great.
Mugen MST-1 powered by Novarossi
Associated B44 powered by Novak
MBR52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:29 AM   #40
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

The recent batch of Losi boxes don't seem to have the problems the early ones did. There is a certain convenience in having a box specifically designed for the 8B/8T. If you are even remotely interested in the Losi box, hit me up...I have one for sale that could almost pass for new.

Losi 8B 8T Starter Box Used but in New Shape
rstnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:05 AM   #41
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonro View Post
Hi

Im looking for suggestions for a starter box for the 8ight pro kit buggy. Ive read a lot about many boxes not fitting the 8ight chassis and the need for modification to ether box or buggy. So does anyone know for certain of a box besides the losi box(because ive heard its absolute junk)that will fit the 8ight that needs no modification to ether box or buggy at the cheapest price preferably from amain?

Much thanks for any advice.
The Losi box has been working without a hitch all season. Great box. (just an update) hehe.
boostfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to omaha_racing

I have blown up four motors in the past 2 weeks. Im sending it back to Losi next week for replacement. Also I think I blew up a lipo, only bumped it twice!
omaha_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #43
Tech Master

I just got a Ofna truggy box (10244) a couple of days ago (my Team Magic box took a dump) It took 15 minutes from opening the box to getting it to start my Eight buggy. I didn't need to do one mod. It's SWEEEEEEEETT

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12542

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:03 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

My losi starter box just died due to a fellow racer trying repeatedly to get his truggy running on it. He tried for at least 10 minutes to get it running then brought the box to me and said the battery was dead. After trying a couple other batteries it was evident the box/motors were fried.

I want to get the box running again, should I simply purchase some stock Losi motors or upgrade? Will Horizon send me new motors or has anyone gone this route? If I go after market motors/stock motors, what's the most cost effective place to buy these?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks for your help.
Cannondale1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:52 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannondale1974 View Post
My losi starter box just died due to a fellow racer trying repeatedly to get his truggy running on it. He tried for at least 10 minutes to get it running then brought the box to me and said the battery was dead. After trying a couple other batteries it was evident the box/motors were fried.

I want to get the box running again, should I simply purchase some stock Losi motors or upgrade? Will Horizon send me new motors or has anyone gone this route? If I go after market motors/stock motors, what's the most cost effective place to buy these?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks for your help.
I would send it in to horizon for warranty usualy they are good about fixing things and getting them back to you then I would sell that thing and get the ofna box. That is what i would do. good luck with what ever you decide to do.
nitro neil is offline   Reply With Quote