R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to IanWright

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpipeliner View Post
I would NOT get a RC8 because of the trouble they are having with some parts breaking (fuel tank) seems to be the big thing.

I don't know why people are still fielding that one. The service pack that comes with the RC8 cured all the problems in the first batches. AE customer backup is superb... when the service pack came out it was free to anyone that had purchased the RC8 already. Also a new fueltank is on the verge of release, personally i never had a problem with the old ones cracking barring it being my own fault, but the new ones are thicker looking and a more malleable material so less chance of them cracking.

The RTR is getting great reviews and one of the points that interests me from the point of view of working with a hobby shop time to time is the steering servo is strong. A rarity in an RTR where the first thing that tends to go is the servos. Pretty quickly. They are the first thing to replace.

If you are going RTR the Losi and the Associated are key and it comes down to radio gear and engines supplied. Losi comes with Spektrum, AE comes with good steering servo...

Not convinced about the whole good for a begginer thing unless you are looking at the strength of materials. A car is only as edgy as it's driver and mechanic. I work at a track and it's shop and see a lot of new drivers and the easiest ones to help and get racing and improving coming from my experiance are the Losi and AE cars out of the box.
IanWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i couldnt figure out which of the 2 i wanted either. but, i went with the Losi 8ight RTR. this is my first nitro r/c and i knew both buggy's would be awesome. i was at the local hobby shop a few weeks back and they had the 8ight in stock. i couldnt help myself and just bought it. ive been super happy with the 8ight so far. i cant really help you on the comparision...but just saying the 8ight has been a great r/c for me so far.
TfnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to James khoo

Hi,

You can try out this www.hobbytech-rc.com
Great car kit with good price!

Cheers
James khoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

depending on how much you want to get into the hobby, i would definitely get a kit or at least a roller. ive had a bunch of stuff, im now looking at getting into 1/8 buggy, but ive learned more from building my prospec truggy than anything else. sounds stupid, but it is definitely a rewarding experience. get a kit especially if you will have some support from your lhs in the build. im leaning toward the 808 just because im curious about xray. the only negatives you ever hear about xray is cost and availability with the new parts support. but it is hard to go wrong with anything that comes out of losi and ae. be careful, mugen, hyper, and kyosho are expecting new buggies late this sumer/fall.
bigterp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:59 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i would go with the losi 8 and for my second choice would be a jammin x1cr that a great buggy as well
superdave2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:04 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

I would get the Cen or AE.. great handling trucks even to novice drivers and part are easily available at most LHS around.

Also, if you think you will be in this hobby for a minute, I suggest you get yourself a kit.
pedsaktix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #22
ALG
Tech Regular

First, what do they race at your track or were you are thing of racing. the best is to use what the other use....

Next JAMMIN!!! is like CHEVY, build like a rock!!!!!!!!!!!!

is not the fastest but is stable and good car to start with.

dont forget,
HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!

you will always have the last call,
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote