LOSI 8ight and 8ight T question !!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOSI 8ight and 8ight T question !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default LOSI 8ight and 8ight T question !!!!!!

This is totally dumb but I have to ask . Let me explain first .................I have a race roller 8 and 8t .............both are awsome .

Now here is the thing ...............RIDE HEIGHT . I set the buggy at 28mm in the rear and 26 in the front ........the truck at 38 in rear and 36 in the front .............THE VERY FRONT .........like the tip of the chassis . Now both cars are totally dialed and handle incredible .......no issues at all .

So a fellow racer comes up to me and says ......" hey ..you have the ride height wrong ....it is supposed to be measured from the rear of the chassis and then from the front part of the chassis .....about 2 " in where it is flat .....not the tip of the angle part dummy " LOL !

So I change it because the car is new to me and I don't know any better seeing as I came from a car that used to be setup arms level and axles level .

Well to make a long story longer the car and truck has handled like total crap ever since I changed the ride height to what I am led to believe is correct .

So I searched around online for some pictures of some of the pro Losi drivers cars and judging by the amount of threads showing on the front shocks ...my way of doing the ride height "front tip of chassis is right " .

So what is it really ???????? Thank for the replies and help in advance ..Dave .
Old 06-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If it handled totally awesome the way you had it then that must be the right way for you. Why argue with what worked for you? Hell, if you could set the car up to drive upside down and you were winning races and some guy came up and said "hey man your car is upside down, you shouldn't drive it that way". Would you change it? Just because someone else's opinion said that was not the right way to set up a car does that mean they are correct? Drive what works for you. Don't get caught up in opinions. Success is all that matters.

Oh, and I have no clue about measuring ride height, I drive and adjust mine till it handles good. :-)
Old 06-12-2008, 06:11 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I couldn't agree more. And since it was dialed, there's no reason to mess with it anymore, but I suppose it's a good idea, for future reference, to know where ride height is measured from if you're reading off a setup sheet. I always assumed* it was measured from the very ends of the chassis.

*we all know what happens when you assume...
Old 06-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

u should be measureing the front ride height behind the front wheels...the kickup on the chassy is Definatly not the place to be measuring the ride height from.