Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TRX 3.3 Studder

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TRX 3.3 Studder

Well, I have a REVO 3.3 with the stock engine, accept I run a trinity pipe and motor saver air filter. I am running werks 30% racing blend. All of last summer it ran pretty well at consistent temps of around 215-225 F and always had alot of power and ran strong. This summer I decided to pull it out and after barely starting it ran around my yard and after a few minutes hit 300 F! So i shut it off and just recently brought it back out again for another try. When I started it up and started running it around it will studder very badly at WOT. As in after a bout 10ft of WOT it will start to Run, Die, Run, Die kind of thing. I don't see any noticeable amounts of exhaust smoke, but I was thinking this was because I have a blown gasket where my tuned pipe's manifold connects at the exhaust port on the block. I have found dark oil/fuel on the block and on the a arm after just running it for not too long. I have tried alot of different mixtures with both the low and high speed needles and it doesn't like to run after too much adjustment, and when it does run it runs like stated previously. Anyone know whats wrong? This motor has 1.5 Gallons on it.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Your high speed needle is set to lean. Turn it about 2 hours counter clockwise and try it again. If it still does it, give it another 1 hour. Should be good to go.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Sounds like it's still lean, but assuming your tune didn't change itself during storage and it was running fine when you put it away:
fix that blown exhaust gasket and clean the air filter. It might be time for a fresh glow plug too, they seem to degrade quickly during storage after they've been used.
Sounds like the motor is working way harder than it needs to so check drivetrain bearings that may have rusted over the winter and clean or replace as needed.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Rookie

i would also suggest you check all your fuel lines to make sure there is no unwanted air getting sucked into the lines. and check to make sure your tank has a good seal on it as well.