Wiki Posts
Search

hyper7 shock questions and other questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default hyper7 shock questions and other questions

hello all. new to this forum but not new to RC. i owned a Tmaxx for a little while and decided to move onto something that would hold up better. and something i could race at my local track. so i picked up a hyper 7 used and it came with the original shocks and a set of threaded ones that i have no idea what they are. i wold like to replace them with a set of new ones but am unsure as to what shocks i can buy. will any of the OFNA/Jammin shocks work? or will any buggy shocks work? someone help me out or even sell me a set of shocks. im trying to keep this a budget racer without getting carried away until i understand control a little better. once i start gettign the driving down and can make it around the track without flipping it...i will then upgrade as necessary. so far ive got just under 200 in to the buggy and i dont have a radio yet.

i picked up a bunch of parts off ebay this morning for about 120 bux shipped. and the buggy was 80 shipped and it included servos. but these dinky servos are not gonna cut it. i was looking around on towerhobbies and came across a futaba servo for 114 bux that had 340oz/in of tq i thought that was a good deal! i didnt buy it cause im still working up funds for it. ill get it in about a week or so. maybe get a pair of them.

another thing i got today was an engine. its a hyper21 with a port in the side of the case for boost. it was cheap so i picked it up. for 79 bux...i can afford to destroy it in favor of a Vspec....lol

but this shock thing is getting me. so someone helpe me out here... lol thanx
Old 06-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I put a set of hyper ST shocks on my Hyper 7, I know that the Jammin big bores will fit the hyper 7. The only reason I went with the Hyper ST shocks is that they are a lil bigger, 14mm as apposed to the 12 that come on the Hyper 7 stock. And the fact that I got the full set minus springs off of ebay for less than $40 as apposed to $80 for the Jammin big bores.