R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   ROAR Nats gripe (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/226112-roar-nats-gripe.html)

HookaMega 06-09-2008 06:01 PM

ROAR Nats gripe

I just wanted to throw this out there.

Why should factory drivers be allowed to run hop ups, upgrades or an entire chassis kit that is not yet available to the other racers? Most of the main R/C products companies spend countless hours engineering and testing thier products making them faster and more durable. Then the drivers that are sponsored by these companies are aloud to run these products in a ROAR sanctioned event like Nats or Regionals to compete in the same classes for the same points as the average racer.

If the Nats for example had a sportsman class and a factory pro class it would be different. Then the average Joe racer would not be forced to compete against technology that is not available to them.

I dunno but I think the run what you brung setup should be ok for club racing but when your talking about a national or regional event the rules need to dictate a more level playing field. This is no new concept either as this is the case in many other forms of real racing where rules are in force to keep things a bit more even so that budget and access to technology does not so much dictate who competes, finishes or even wins the event.

I just think it is as simple as, if you cannot buy it at your local hobby dealer or even online atleast 90 days prior to the event then it's not legal for that event.

It's becoming too common for companies to use these events to test or show off thier new and improved - soon to be released technology which may or may not create an unfair advantage but none the less opens the door for a very lop-sided playing field.

any thoughts?

imaxx21 06-09-2008 06:08 PM

whats the big deal???

you think they are the best in the world because they have a couple different parts?

imaxx21 06-09-2008 06:08 PM

who are you referring to?

HookaMega 06-09-2008 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by imaxx21 (Post 4523393)
whats the big deal???

you think they are the best in the world because they have a couple different parts?

No thats not my mind set at all. I am not trying to take credit away from thier skills. Most of the top 10 would still be top ten regardless. My point is that they are in a class of thier own in most cases. Factory Pro should race Factory Pro and have classes for the rest of us as long as they are allowed to run stuff that is not available to everyone else.

Matt Howard 06-09-2008 06:14 PM

electric stock class nationals (at least onroad) have a 30 day rule. Modified and gas racing anything goes for the most part.

imaxx21 06-09-2008 06:15 PM

what 'stuff' are you talking about?

air8 06-09-2008 06:16 PM

Things are heading that way. I think the classes now are like this:

Pro--Chassis sponsored
Expert--Partial sponsored
Sportsman--Notta dam thing--go practice some more.

LOL.

losi316 06-09-2008 06:19 PM

I know what your saying they should have a pro class and a sportmans class but they don't. it's the same in motorcross and supercross. Joe privateer races against the pros for a shot at the main event sometimes they make and sometimes they don't. Thier bikes are not anywhere close to a factory bike that chad reed or james stewart has. This is something that has been brought up before.But at the same time If losi came to you as a sportsman driver and wanted you to try some new part for a big race you would. Thats what they get paid to do.

Matt Howard 06-09-2008 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by air8 (Post 4523425)
Things are heading that way. I think the classes now are like this:

Pro--Chassis sponsored
Expert--Partial sponsored
Sportsman--Notta dam thing--go practice some more.

LOL.

Pro Series is like this, ROAR is one class

imaxx21 06-09-2008 06:20 PM

are you guys suggesting that there should be a sportmans nationals???

come on

air8 06-09-2008 06:21 PM

Oh. My bad. I'm shuttin up now.

Nova F1 Racer 06-09-2008 06:23 PM

Hmmmmm....

Should there be rules for drivers or their rides.. Or both?

jbrow1 06-09-2008 06:25 PM

They have to develop the product somehow, and make sure it's ready for us racer/bashers to knock around a track with. And the only way is to put it against the best of the best. Anybody there should feel lucky they were able to compete or even just watch that amount of talent!!

HookaMega 06-09-2008 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by imaxx21 (Post 4523444)
are you guys suggesting that there should be a sportmans nationals???

come on

Thats not really what I had in mind but rather as suggested, if the Hyper 9 was available to Joe public for atleast 60 days then it is legal to run it.

I was not referring to anyone specific but there are usually some new wheels and tires as well as a new kit or chassis being ran by a factory pro at these events that is not available to the public yet.

If the top 10 drivers in the world have the skills to win regardless of the parts on thier car then it should not be a problem for them to run common parts just like the guy running in last place.

imaxx21 06-09-2008 06:28 PM

thats all part of being on a team man....