R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #106
Tech Legend

The way you sound , you would disagree with the Ae Team drivers using their new Big boar shocks that still are`nt available ..

But

Yet also you seem not "Ok" with using another brand Big Boar shock even if they are already available ?

The only way you could be made happy is make a rule stating the car cannot not be modified in any way from the manufacture ..

That is not reasonable in any way , as we all like to customize our rides .....

So deal with it !
The factory guys should be able to trick out and mod their rides just like you can ....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:10 AM   #107
Tech Addict

no its called running a totally different engine that you were not suppose to run.

thats fine if they ran shocks AE manufactured, but if they ran Jammin shocks that makes no sense lol
Tonys Screws- Keeps you from getting screwed
Byrons Fuel- Makes the RC world go round
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #108
JQ
Tech Master

great post lutz
JQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #109
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
no its called running a totally different engine that you were not suppose to run.

thats fine if they ran shocks AE manufactured, but if they ran Jammin shocks that makes no sense lol
You keep coming up with these comparisons that just aren't so. You keep coming up with these things you suggest are in the rules that just aren't so. And frankly, if you understood racing - albeit RCing or NASCAR - you'd know that all the parts swapping, and trial-and-erroring that goes on, happens all the time and has since the dawn of racing.

I think part of the problem is that you're so caught up in the whole Factory Team mentality, and lack of understanding of just what those cars are, that you fail to rationalize that those kits are a marketing ploy plain and simple - a tool put in place by customer demand so as they can buy the next closest thing to a factory ride as possible.

Way back in the day a "team" kit was unheard of - and people had to buy the stocker, and a whole bevy of upgrades, including all sorts of aftermarket and factory aftermarket parts and whatnots JUST to have something even worthy to take to the track. And now some of you whine, yet are able to buy a box car that's pretty damn good.

But why on earth would any self-respecting racer not look for ANYTHING they can change on their car to make it better and instead say, "Naw, I don't want to go faster. I'm plenty happy limping around like it is."???

That ain't racing, that's running a Spec car !!!
oldschoolracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #110
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I think everybody should be in their own class so that everybody wins!!!

Colin
Old 06-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #111
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

roar nationals are a "stack up race" just like 1 class high school basketball touneys. (Indiana used to be famous for that) you start making more classes what does that prove? sure a sportsman might run fast enough to make the c b or even a main in a pro class but he wouldnt have the satisfaction of running with the pros so his/her times in sportsman wouldnt mean as much.

If the "factory" guys run protype parts or cars that is also a double edged sword. the new parts might throw the set ups off to ruin the drivers comfort level. i say leave the roar nats alone! if you dont want to see how you stack up against the very best you shouldnt be there any way.
22 SCT 2.0 Exotek Hobbywing 3.1 Stock Spec Fantom
Tekno 410SCT Hobbywing ProSC
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #112
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolracer View Post

And then I see this preoccupation with winning, or the perception of winning, in parents today that insist their local little league give out "competitor" trophies to the kids that don't win. Why? Because everyone wants to be a winner, or they don't want their child to feel like their not.... but the simple truth is we solve nothing by giving every dadgum person that shows up at the race a little "I WAS A COMPETITOR AT THE U.S. NATS -2008" plaque.
And why?
Because, in all fairness of reality, in comparison the person the wins the A-Main would then be deserved of a 10-freaking-foot-tall monstrosity of a trophy that wouldn't even fit in their house let alone their Honda to get it home!!!
What about recognition of achievement or does that not matter, basically what you are saying is that the only person who deserves a trophy is no1 i have some choice words for you but its a public forum so wont, there are some big egos in here who basically want to belittle the racers who pay their wages, some of you guys are sending some bad vibes to the likes of me who dont care that i will never be pro or even close but enjoy racing
a win on the lottery :D
slow coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:05 AM   #113
Tech Elite

Second place is the first loser...
Old 06-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #114
Tech Addict

thats the worst post so far in this thread nice attitude go spread the word
Old 06-11-2008, 10:15 AM   #115
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow coach View Post
Seriously? Do you think that there should be no winner and everybody takes home a trophy?
It is called a race for a reason.
Oh, and you must have missed the movie that quote was from. Here is another one...If you aren't winning, you're losing!
Old 06-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #116
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow coach View Post
You're one of those people that lobby your kids school to give out 12th place prizes at the science fair, aren't you?

There are winners in life and there are losers. You won't always win, learning from your mistakes and improving is part of life. Learning how to lose gracefully is also something that needs to be learned.

This is the most ridiculous thread I have seen in a while. If you aren't good enough to win, keep practicing. If you go to the Nats, you should be going to see just where you stand, not to cry about have to race against guys that could beat you in their sleep.

This thread is a bunch of
Old 06-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #117
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookaMega View Post
any thoughts?
hope you got your fill.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:28 AM   #118
Tech Addict

must of missed that one, was it a hollywood overbudget, overhyped flop that normally comes out.

to finish first first you have to finish yeah heard them all.

no i dont think that at all but all the mains are a race!!!!!!! so what because you dont come top of the tree you dont deserve to be recognised for your achievement, by recognition it does need to be infered a trophy a simple hobby voucher well done shake hands a few words "watched your race well done" by the roar official simple things make the biggest gestures.

p.s. without second place there is no first place
Old 06-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #119
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Branch View Post
Second place is the first loser...

Man I hope you don't say things like that to people at the track.. I can just see it, 100 entries and some 14 year old kid takes 50th and you say hay man chin up your the 50th looser I bet thats a good way to keep them comming back.. Not everybody is going to win but theres no need to rub it in their face that they didn't..
viper0463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:34 AM   #120
Tech Addict

"You're one of those people that lobby your kids school to give out 12th place prizes at the science fair, aren't you? my kids are 4 and 7 so no not really i tell them do the best you can

There are winners in life and there are losers. You won't always win, learning from your mistakes and improving is part of life. Learning how to lose gracefully is also something that needs to be learned. yep lost lots of races go home sleep tomorrows another day

This is the most ridiculous thread I have seen in a while. If you aren't good enough to win, keep practicing. If you go to the Nats, you should be going to see just where you stand, not to cry about have to race against guys that could beat you in their sleep. never mentioned any of the above"