R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   New ws73 l2g... suggestions.. any info (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/225918-new-ws73-l2g-suggestions-any-info.html)

cholawa 06-08-2008 04:50 PM

New ws73 l2g... suggestions.. any info

just picked up the new ws73 l2g for my losi 8.... any suggestions about tuning, break in ,shims etc... id also like to here good news/ complaints etc anything will help

KYLE

largeorangefont 06-08-2008 06:33 PM

If you run 30% put in a .1mm head shim. Break it in with the #6 plug it came with. I run a McCoy 8 after break in.

I use the full throttle/full rich break in method, but regardless of how you break it in it will go rich suddenly after you get about a gallon through it. Retune it and you will be ready to go. The mileage will go up at that point and so will the power.

I run a 7 mm carb restrictor, and 1.1 clutch springs in my RC8, and the car makes very good power.

Shooky 06-09-2008 05:44 AM

The WS7 III L2G uses turbo plugs. So I would not use a MC 8. That plug will not work. As for break-in. There are many different ways. I followed RB's instructions.

largeorangefont 06-09-2008 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Shooky (Post 4521254)
The WS7 III L2G uses turbo plugs. So I would not use a MC 8. That plug will not work. As for break-in. There are many different ways. I followed RB's instructions.

You are right, I was not paying attention. I have an S7 LG2 and run the MC8. You will still want to put in a head shim on either engine.

cholawa 06-09-2008 11:24 AM

ya i have heard tha ppl have been runnin g shim..... idk what i should do i have to ask 1 of the guys who got 1 before the engine really came out. im gonna run rb plugs probably the #6 that it comes with.... ill be running blue thunder 30 and if i dont like it too much ill try byron gen 2. thanx for the suggestions and keep em coming

largeorangefont 06-09-2008 12:52 PM

If you are going to run blue thunder, make sure you completely run the engine out of fuel when you are done for the day, or use after run oil. Otherwise the crank and bearings will rust up on you.

phatoscar 06-09-2008 04:17 PM

I also run mine in a 8ight and it seems to be a great pair. I used RB's break in and have had no problems. It does seem to be a little sensitive to adjustments so make small turns. I also run the 7mm insert and have plenty of power, however I do run on a loose track. If I had more traction I would run a larger insert but I don't so I can't. I have two other RBs and all three are incredable motors, you should be very happy.

cholawa 06-09-2008 05:44 PM

glad to see that your 3 rbs are great . how many gallons do most of urs last? i usually run at least 5 gallons a year and also wha fuel are u guys running? thanx
kyle

A.Galenski 06-09-2008 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by cholawa (Post 4519409)
just picked up the new ws73 l2g for my losi 8.... any suggestions about tuning, break in ,shims etc... id also like to here good news/ complaints etc anything will help

KYLE

ya let carissa do it:lol: just kiddin kyle

largeorangefont 06-09-2008 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by cholawa (Post 4523322)
glad to see that your 3 rbs are great . how many gallons do most of urs last? i usually run at least 5 gallons a year and also wha fuel are u guys running? thanx
kyle

I have had 5 RBs over the years. I had 3 Ws7s back when they first came out, a original black head s7 and recently a l2g s7. All were fantastic engines.

1 WS7 Andy Smolnik blew up and another had the air cleaner fall off. Both incidents were due user error. I rebuilt both those motors, and they continued to run great.

If you take care of it, you can get 8+ gallons out of your Ws7. I run O'donnell 30%

cholawa 06-10-2008 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by A.Galenski (Post 4523405)
ya let carissa do it:lol: just kiddin kyle

im gonna alex lol..... how the blue thinder treating u? c u wednesday bro

phatoscar 06-10-2008 03:38 PM

I have about two gallons on my WS7 and 523, my C6 has maybe 7 gallons and still an animal. I changed the rod at first of the season but thats it. I use sidewinder fuel and have had good luck. If you treat it nice you should see 8 gallons or more. I have read other forums about guys getting 10-15 gal on a motor. RB has a good forum also, lots of info http://www.rbproducts.com/cgi-bin/ub...ultimatebb.cgi

cholawa 06-20-2008 05:24 AM

just gat the engine broken in by a local pro....... it was very very high pitched so we tried the jp2 first... then ofna 83 then ninja 53 all of them were bad so the person hwlpen me was ike im gonna chane the restricter to a 7 and clean the carb out...... so i after that it was running like a champ. runs at 200 and screams. i can probly use any pipe now

figure8racing21 03-24-2009 08:26 AM

ws7 l2g

hey guys. i am just about through my first gal on my ws7. has anybody had probs with the carb leaking. after i run it theirs fuel around the carb. i love this motor and dnt understand y it is doing tht. ive checked the carb and it is tight.
any help on wht to do please.
thanks

Team_Orange 03-24-2009 04:46 PM

Thats a great motor you chose--RB is top notch. I had the same exact motor in my jammin running on byron gen 2 at first than switched to sidewinder. I sold it to a buddy of mine a few months ago for his truggy.