R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-08-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
BSC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Engine troubles with my RB C6 T7

I have run a full season with my C6 so i rebuilt it with a new sleeve / rod / piston and new bearings . I also got a new car , the XRAY 808 , so the motor has only been in this car since it's rebuild .
It was alright on run in until i started to lean it out to race tune , it kept flaming out . I was using a OS P4 glow plug so i put in a OS P3 . It didn't make any difference , it flames out on the starter box . The motor has to be run super lean and has to get to a ridiculous temp for it to keep running . I changed the front bearing again thinking i got a bad bearing , no difference . It sounds like it runs out of fuel when it stops , it can be revving and just stops .
When i put the bearings in i didn't remove the Carbi so i have put a full kit of new seals on it incase i had cooked them . I have changed the fuel lines and run several different pipes but no difference . I have also changed the button head and put new shims on it incase it had a leak .
I have also pressure tested the fuel tank and it is fine
Has anyone got any ideas on what i have done or what might be happening
www.coast2coastrc.com.au
Logan Offroad - The Brickyard
BSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to zJatoRad

there's a couple of guys at my local track having the same problem as you with their C6, I think they are giving up on them, they can't find the problem, I also had a problem with my WS7 and gave up with it, my uncle had problems with his S7 and also gave up, all of us bought them almost in the same month, I guess there was a bad batch or something, it was before the L2G series were announced, around december 07, my guess is that you got a piston/sleeve/rod from that batch, just a thought.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSC View Post
I have run a full season with my C6 so i rebuilt it with a new sleeve / rod / piston and new bearings . I also got a new car , the XRAY 808 , so the motor has only been in this car since it's rebuild .
It was alright on run in until i started to lean it out to race tune , it kept flaming out . I was using a OS P4 glow plug so i put in a OS P3 . It didn't make any difference , it flames out on the starter box . The motor has to be run super lean and has to get to a ridiculous temp for it to keep running . I changed the front bearing again thinking i got a bad bearing , no difference . It sounds like it runs out of fuel when it stops , it can be revving and just stops .
When i put the bearings in i didn't remove the Carbi so i have put a full kit of new seals on it incase i had cooked them . I have changed the fuel lines and run several different pipes but no difference . I have also changed the button head and put new shims on it incase it had a leak .
I have also pressure tested the fuel tank and it is fine
Has anyone got any ideas on what i have done or what might be happening
As far as off road motors go I can only speak from what I have heard and what I hear is that RB's are top of the line. I can say that the on road motors are second to none.

First of all I assume you have tried fresh fuel? Bad fuel can cause all kind of problems and I have seen bad fuel come straight off the hobby shop shelf. If there is someone running the same fuel as you and having no problems see if he will let you try a tank just to be sure.

Next, this kind of sounds like a rod or crank pin problem. Make sure there is not to much slop in the rod bearings.

It also sounds monster lean on the bottom end. Back that screw out and try again.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
Tech Adept

What are you running in it for head shims?What % nitro you running?
Dado
wiggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #5
BSC
Tech Master

There does fell like a lot of slop when it is at top dead centre compared to my RB WS7 . A new pin or rod , it's only just run in but it could have been problems from new .
My friends run the same fuel and we get it at the same time and there's is fine , i go through a fair bit of fuel and race every 2 weeks so the fuel is turned over all the time .
I tried running it again today and went back to standard settings on the carby that is in the RB manual and still no difference , it was running at half to 3/4 throddle on the ground then it would just stop .
www.coast2coastrc.com.au
Old 06-08-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
BSC
Tech Master

I'm running 20% nitro with the same size head shims that the motors came with at .3mm or .012"
www.coast2coastrc.com.au