Old 06-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #31
Tech Initiate

ANYBODY TRY OFNA
DaNNy250RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crazy4wdracer

I love my Team Associated Factory Team wrenches. I have had them for over a year now and have only had one tip break. I have the nut drivers too and have had no problems with them. They are only about $40 on ebay.
crazy4wdracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:25 PM   #33
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNNy250RRR View Post
HOW ABOUT BALL HEX WRENCHS

I use the Rd Logics...they seem decent...but if ur a dummie with em there gonna strip..but that goes for any ball end driver.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:24 AM   #34
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bullit hex drivers are the best tools that I have used.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:30 AM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm always getting emails from customers asking me what tools I recommend. For the price the Thunder Tiger hex drivers are the best bang for the buck. The quality is just as good as the Hudy tools and the tips are replaceable. The 4-pc metric sets are like $29 on Amainhobbies.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2858

The only ball tip driver worth getting is the 2.5mm ball tip driver.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2868

If you are just starting out and want the drivers, flat screwdrivers, phillips head screwdrivers, etc. then the Mugen tool set is by far the best quality tool set you can get. It is a bit pricey but the handles are very comfortable and the tips last forever. Mugen also has a few nut drivers too. If you use a cordless screwdriver (which every R/C builder should have) the two Mugen hex driver tips are awesome. They make a 2.0mm and a 2.5mm tip.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6789

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/9067

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/9068

The Hudy tools are decent quality, but pricey. The 2.5mm ball tip driver will break very easily too. I also don't like teh small handles.

Best regards,

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Good thread on a question I have heard asked many times.
For what its worth, most of the top drivers have been listed on here. It will come down to what you can afford and what you may already have. Meaning if you have a few drivers already and only wish to pick up a few new ones then cost may not matter as much. If you are in the market for a whole new set then the cost can be pretty high to have all the tools needed, though may not last. Case in point, the Duratrax Tool set. Over a bill (120.00 I think) at my local shop, but has pretty much all the tools needed. Problem is that they don't seem to last. Hudy tools are nice, but as others have already said are pricy. I usually reccomed the Dynamite drivers. For a set of three is around 22 bones, not too bad. Tips are replaceable and they last. I did look at the link to EDs tools and seem very nice. I do have a set of the orginal Thorp Drivers (before MIP bought them) and those are my favorite. Tried the newer MIP Thorp drivers and they didn't feel the same to me, bit should last a long time.

ZX6 - RB6 - MP9e
Fantom Racing, Cheater Racing
Houston's Engine Service
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:24 PM   #37
Tech Regular

I and a number of other people I race with use the Integy drivers. They've worked well for me. Be sure to get the big handled ones though.

A big thing I particularly like about the Integy and AE wrenches is that the handles are different colors. Makes it easy when working on things. For instance, on my Losi I know I use green, purple, and black usually.
whoajoe is offline   Reply With Quote