R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Ready Rollers bearings? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/225597-ready-rollers-bearings.html)

looneytune 06-06-2008 08:58 AM

Ready Rollers bearings?

Has anyone used readyrollers.com bearings? I did a search and it didn't turn up an awful lot. I ordered a complete set for my Losi 8ight buggy and truggy and some tubes of the clutch bearings and the 8x14x4mm flanged ones. Price seems right, just wonder how the quality is? Tired of buying 2 stock Losi's at a time for quadruple the price. Also, has anyone ordered from Professional Micro Bearing MFG(PMB), www.microbearing.com? Looking for some better sources before I go broke trying to keep 3 cars ready to race. Thanks.

gtsum 06-06-2008 04:50 PM

I have not used them, but a couple of the fastest local racers have been running them and from all accounts the bearings are great. They are reporting longer life and very low friction (smooth drivetrain). They swear by them, so I bet you are gonna be pretty happy. Also, the owner seems to go out of his way to get people set up with bearings quickly..

TonysScrews 06-06-2008 07:03 PM

The company just got started and is located near Philadelphia, PA so that is why you won't find much if you Google them.

imaxx21 06-06-2008 07:08 PM

you wont be disappointed RR's are top quality bearings..

ive been running them for a couple months now and they have been great!!

looneytune 06-06-2008 07:16 PM

Well, that sounds like some good news. I ordered them this afternoon and they have already shipped. I would rather buy 10 at a time, so it seems like a great deal.

rageworks 06-06-2008 08:45 PM

Just make sure that you lube those r/c bearings
with the same stuff that you use to keep the slush
out of the sled bearings. Any lube that will hold up
on a drag raceing snowmobile going over 100mph,
has to be good. Ha! Ha!
How ya been doing,Bill? I will get up there to race
with you one of these days. Did you get your track
done yet? If not, theres always the Ransonville track.

looneytune 06-06-2008 09:36 PM

Hey Jeffro, how's it going? I gave up the asphalt sleds for now, diesel is too much to pull my trailer to the track. Full Throttle Raceway(Ransomville) is 15 minutes from the house. Just had the GLORCS race last weekend. I raced the sled instead like an idiot. Besides, it's very hot and humid and fat guys in black leather suits don't like heat.:sweat:
The dozer is in my backyard now, but I haven't seen the guy in a few weeks. As soon as it's leveled, I can start building my practice track. There's a lot of clay about 10" below the topsoil and he made me a pretty big pile to build with. I'll send you pics when I get finished.

Ron Goetter 06-07-2008 03:55 AM

great company I ordered $100.00 worth of bearings on Sunday had them by Tues. They have been holding up too.....