Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi XBT buggy tire Problems!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Team Losi XBT buggy tire Problems!!

Ok. I'm not that guy who has no clue how to glue 1/8th scale tires. I know how, and I'm quite good at it. that was until I bought a set of team losi's xbt Buggy tires in the blue compound.

I for the life of me can't get them to stick to my rims. I'm not the only one at our track either. I even wiped down the rim and tire with acetone, then I dremmled the tire and rim, then glued them with team losi medium thickness glue.

I can run about 15 minutes on them before they start to unglue from the rim. If the tire didn't work as well as they are, I wouldn't have a problem. but they are awesome, and I want to use them.

I'm thinking it's the blue compound, since I've never seen it before they came out with this tire. any one else have this problem?
Old 06-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The tires started coming off my race roller and friends in less than 2 heats. I haven't tried to fix mine yet, his won't stay glued either.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hrmm....maby call up horizon ? id say ask Drake on neobuggy....but i highly doubt he runs the Stockers.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey i have had the same problem.While at the nationals this year i was glueing up tires.I use the same method every time which involves wipeing the rim and tire down with loctite primer or ca accelerator.I have been doing this for a year and never ever had a tire come off.I glued up 8 sets of tires that weekend.1 Set of jconcepts cross hairs, xbt silvers. xbt reds and the rest were bowties.I used exactly the same glue from the same bottle and the same method for every set.Every single set stayed stuck untll there was no tread left on the tires But both sets of XBT's came off withing 6 minutes, we thought i may be because the tires are so soft that they just blow off the rim.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Integra
hrmm....maby call up horizon ? id say ask Drake on neobuggy....but i highly doubt he runs the Stockers.
The XBT's aren't stock they are a new tire. I too am not the guy who can't glue tires right and I have had problems out of the XBT.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Tech Lord

what does the roller come with for stock tires then ? isnt it the XBT thread ? maby not the Blue compound....I dunno...i never got the kit tires with my bug....so i would'nt know.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

interesting? i knew i wasn't the only one. i'll try to contact horrizon about it. What good is a tire if it won't stay on the rim?
Old 06-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes the race roller come's with XBT's in silver i believe.They do work quite well tho and the seem to last a while, when they stay on the rims that is
Old 06-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by hyper7vspec
Yes the race roller come's with XBT's in silver i believe.They do work quite well tho and the seem to last a while, when they stay on the rims that is

so even the stock silver compound is having issues ?
Old 06-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Clean the tires with Windex and you wont have a problem with them not staying on the rim anymore. Make sure though that it is the real Windex and not the generic stuff. Its something in the Windex that allows the rubber and glue to bond. Nothing else seems to do the same job.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Tech Lord

i use Iosol on my beads and i cant say ive ever had an issue with the bead letting go.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

You shouldnt have any problems with that stuff. I think Windex would just be easier for people to get and may even have it around the house.