Community
Wiki Posts
Search

opinions wanted

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have driven the 8 and dont like it, I like driving the rc8 alot, I am getting ready to get a buggy soon and as of right now I would go with the 808. Mind you I dont own any of them, but at my local track the only car I have seen break this year was the Losi more than once. I have been taking a real hard look at the Hotbodies D8 also. I drive truggy and 10th scale and will be getting my 1st buggy at the end of this summer, so I am where you are with looking and reading. I run the Matrix TR now and like it alot and I definetly am waiting to buy because they are soon coming with a new buggy.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldschoolracer
Then why on earth would you log in just to supposedly give your "opinion" based on something you have no personal experience to base it on?
It blows MY mind how many people will log in on an issue regardless of the fact they know nothing about it other than to hear themselves talk. If you can't offer anything of substance to the discussion move on to the next.

Oh, and by the way, thanks for setting me straight - Mom!
Because I have watched them race at my local track significantly and talked to the racers that have them. I offered the info I took into account in making my decision. Obviously this is something you cant or wont understand, as instead of offering something usefull you would rather just be a troll and insult people.

Oh and by the way I wont respond to any more of your posts as obviously you are a immature tool.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by blowpopracer
Because I have watched them race at my local track significantly and talked to the racers that have them. I offered the info I took into account in making my decision. Obviously this is something you cant or wont understand, as instead of offering something usefull you would rather just be a troll and insult people.

Oh and by the way I wont respond to any more of your posts as obviously you are a immature tool.
Oh, so you have a very generalized and vague opinion based on something as subjective as watching TV and talking to a couple of folks. At that rate I guess you're also ready to become a crewcheif for a NASCAR team as well.

I'm glad you won't respond any further because this site doesn't need any more posts from a 6-year-old-acting know-it-all jerk that insists on lecturing others.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

screw you guys im taking my toys and going home
Old 06-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Oh, so you have a very generalized and vague opinion based on something as subjective as watching TV and talking to a couple of folks. At that rate I guess you're also ready to become a crewcheif for a NASCAR team as well.

I'm glad you won't respond any further because this site doesn't need any more posts from a 6-year-old-acting know-it-all jerk that insists on lecturing others.
Wow if thats not the pot calling the kettle black
Old 06-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Vigilante212
Wow if thats not the pot calling the kettle black
Might I suggest you study up on your cliche' usage.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I TQ'ed and won the A-Main at the last big trophy race I attended with my 8ight on a very rough track...I'm not a sponsored driver either.

The RC8 seems to be somewhat technically similar to the 8ight but is more forgiving for aggressive drivers.

Don't know about the 808, haven't seen it perform too much yet..
Old 06-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

might i suggest you lot stop hijacking the poor guys post and let people answer personally i run the mugen 5R and i like it but out of the 3 you mention i would say the 808 purely on Xray reputation, i havent run the others and although guys race them over here the RC8 just isnt dialled in for me to give an assessment of its track prowess so i wont, the guys running the losi have had them a while now and tried most things even running the flex chassis, the car does run well and turns excellent but it always looks like its waiting to spit itself off the track, but if you drive well it could be the car for you as it does run very well and jumps the best hands down, tbh any of the cars you have shortlisted are very capable of winning it all depends on the driver and set up so get something which you have good parts support for trackside and go from there, i have been tempted to try the losi for a while but my 5R is just going so well at the moment.

sorry misread your post it was a second buggy not second hand
Old 06-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the replies guys you've been very helpful...

It appears THAT is just what you are asking.
Yes, it does get thrown around a lot.
And why it would be my guess that the replies you will get will be from those with generally biased opinions and not from the truely expereinced as they have grown tired of replying to the same question over and over.
I wasn't asking "which was the best" i asked "which would you choose and why".... every buggy has it's good points and it's bad points and i don't believe that there is ultimately one "best buggy" hence they way i worded the question. IMO they're 2 completely different questions. If you don't agree with me, that's fine... You are entitled to your opinion.

P.S. i'm not trying to start a fight, just clarify my original question
Old 06-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

id say idk...i've never pesonally owned any of them...however i have driven the losi 8 and it was a great fun drive but so could any other buggy...rc8(I wanted one but have grown out of that...for various reasons), losi 8 wanted one but now have trusty jammin with awesome setup, and 808 is like a losi 8 with bettery quality and lighter weight...i say you look at them more and make a decision based on that fact and what appeals to you as well as you getting parts..if those are not factors than i cannot lead you in either direction i say they are all great cars but nothing definitive from me as far as what to choose
Old 06-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lowey79
I wasn't asking "which was the best" i asked "which would you choose and why".... every buggy has it's good points and it's bad points and i don't believe that there is ultimately one "best buggy" hence they way i worded the question. IMO they're 2 completely different questions. If you don't agree with me, that's fine... You are entitled to your opinion.
That's all I was doing, was stating my opinion.
I wasn't trying to jack your thread, or start a fight.
Though you chose to ask the question differently, it still amounted to the same old tried and true question IMHO - because I think the reason people chose whichever is because they think one or the other is the best (would be kind of silly to do otherwise) - unless it's to save money, but that's a whole different angle since these were all first-rate and high-end rides.

Here again, it's my opinion that if you're adding a second buggy to the stable it should be for either one of two reasons: for a same-car back-up (spares, or spare car, at the ready), or since most vehicles on the market have differing handling and performance characteristics (some are a tad better in mud or heavy soil, and others on dry track, and others on tight tracks or open layouts) as a gap-filler. And thus that if your question was more in the vein of "Look, my primary buggy is a so-and-so and it works really well under these circumstances, but I'm looking to add a second buggy to the stable to fill in the gaps when I'm running in so-and-so conditions. Do you guys know of anything that might be better suited for that than my so-and-so?" -- that you might actually get somewhere then.

But that's just my opinion, and I could be wrong.

no harm, no foul
good luck

(p.s. otherwise the only thing that did happen, as I suggested initially, was a bunch of guys weighing in offering little to nothing substantially to the discussion other than vague "opinions" based on nothing truely subjective.)
Old 06-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

That's all I was doing, was stating my opinion.
I wasn't trying to jack your thread, or start a fight.
Though you chose to ask the question differently, it still amounted to the same old tried and true question IMHO - because I think the reason people chose whichever is because they think one or the other is the best (would be kind of silly to do otherwise) - unless it's to save money, but that's a whole different angle since these were all first-rate and high-end rides.

Here again, it's my opinion that if you're adding a second buggy to the stable it should be for either one of two reasons: for a same-car back-up (spares, or spare car, at the ready), or since most vehicles on the market have differing handling and performance characteristics (some are a tad better in mud or heavy soil, and others on dry track, and others on tight tracks or open layouts) as a gap-filler. And thus that if your question was more in the vein of "Look, my primary buggy is a so-and-so and it works really well under these circumstances, but I'm looking to add a second buggy to the stable to fill in the gaps when I'm running in so-and-so conditions. Do you guys know of anything that might be better suited for that than my so-and-so?" -- that you might actually get somewhere then.

But that's just my opinion, and I could be wrong.

no harm, no foul
good luck

(p.s. otherwise the only thing that did happen, as I suggested initially, was a bunch of guys weighing in offering little to nothing substantially to the discussion other than vague "opinions" based on nothing truely subjective.)
Thank you!

You've raised some very valid points that i hadn't thought of before....

Although essentially, i'm not looking to fill a void in the type of tracks/conditions i race in as i only race at my local club for the time being. I'm just looking for another buggy to add to the stable so that i can broarden my driving experience. I currently run a Team Magic M8 which i've found to be a brilliant car on my local track! But i still find the urge to try new things and experience as much as i can

After all.... This hobby is based on a wide diversity... IMO... so i plan to try as much as i can before i decide what's right for me!
Old 06-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lowey79
Thank you!

You've raised some very valid points that i hadn't thought of before....

Although essentially, i'm not looking to fill a void in the type of tracks/conditions i race in as i only race at my local club for the time being. I'm just looking for another buggy to add to the stable so that i can broarden my driving experience. I currently run a Team Magic M8 which i've found to be a brilliant car on my local track! But i still find the urge to try new things and experience as much as i can

After all.... This hobby is based on a wide diversity... IMO... so i plan to try as much as i can before i decide what's right for me!
As far as "broadening one's driving experience" goes I tend to think you're straddling the fence a bit because when it comes down to it a buggy is a buggy is a buggy. Too similar in style, and experience, to garner much from.
But since that appears to be your goal I'd suggest broadening the horizons a bit and look into a truggy (or monster truck) because going that route - while similar enough - WILL broaden your actual driving experience, and not just your experience with different buggies.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for your replies!..... I'll take that on board.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Talking

I hear a lot about the durability of the different buggies on threads like this one. I hear that this car or that car breaks a lot at the track. What I do not hear is the maintenance habits of the owners of those cars. I mean, how can you judge how good a car is or not unless you own it? And if you do own it, are you honest about your own maintenance habits?
I have an 8. It was a kit and I built it. My first impression of it is that it is a well built and designed car. But admittedly I have only had it on a track one day.
I am absolutely meticulous about the maintenance on my cars. When I got to race, I know that my cars are perfect.
Just my $0.02
Peace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.