R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Jammin 21 or Dynimite 21 help?????

Jammin 21 or Dynimite 21 help????? lookin at one or other any comments would be helpful
Gilley11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive never had either and only seen the jammin 21. I will tell you the jammin 21 rips, I have heard they dont last as long as others though. Thats the only info I can give you on them.
blowpopracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Both are excellent mills and than jammin will last forever. Like every engine you need to treat it right but longevity should not be an issue. I have personally seen both and with the propper tuning and piping you shouldn't be able to tell much difference. I can say though jammin parts and accessories are built to the hilt. If you can find the jammin I would run with it man
clarksib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
Tech Legend

I have the Dynamite

Its performance and mileage is outstanding
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #5
Tech Regular

I just got the Dynamite and have raced it once, and my dad has the Jammin and has had it for a couple of months now. The Jammin has more power I would say, but it hits hard. The Dynamite still has plenty of power, but seems smooth throughout the whole powerband. The Jammin has a JP-1 on it and my Dynamite has a JP-3 on it.
whoajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:32 AM   #6
Tech Regular

I run the JPX .21 and the P7R Evo 2 and for the same price, the Evo kicks the JPX .21's butt. Not a much bottom end but the thing rips in the mid and top end.
Bad Dog Rc
www.baddogrc.com
www.speedtechrc.com
My rides

Jammin CRT.5 w/ OS .12 TZP 5
Team Losi 8ight-T w/ Ninja JX .21
stiffler297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:47 AM   #7
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffler297 View Post
I run the JPX .21 and the P7R Evo 2 and for the same price, the Evo kicks the JPX .21's butt. Not a much bottom end but the thing rips in the mid and top end.

the JPX and EVO 2 are indentical engines...same power/rpm and tq...........any differences your seeing are from your setup or breakin techniques...........
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:49 AM   #8
Tech Champion

A Jammin JPX is one of the fastest ( IMHO "THE" fastest) .21's money can buy...... the Dynamite Platinum on the other hand is a very mild SH built .21... the Picco engine outclasses the Platinum on every front...power,rpm,tq,longevity etc..... the Dynamite motor is really a glorified sportmotor made in Taiwan..pretty expensive for what it is IMO....

Last edited by Maximo; 06-05-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #9
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to RogerHewson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
the JPX and EVO 2 are indentical engines...same power/rpm and tq...........any differences your seeing are from your setup or breakin techniques...........

There are differences between the Jammmin and EVO 2. The Jammin has the P9 On-Road crankshaft in it and a turbo plug. The Picco has a standard plug in it. Evo 2's tend to have more mid range and low end.

Roger
RogerHewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:19 AM   #10
Tech Legend

Default R U Bind ?

You can just look at the two and see they are not the same engine ....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:22 AM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cheesecake

i love my jpx .21 easiest engine ive ever broke in or tuned it runs great and hauls at about 200 degreeseim still under a gallon on it so ill lean it out little by little
cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:02 PM   #12
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerHewson View Post
There are differences between the Jammmin and EVO 2. The Jammin has the P9 On-Road crankshaft in it and a turbo plug. The Picco has a standard plug in it. Evo 2's tend to have more mid range and low end.

Roger
trust me..they are the same engine... the JPX has identical timing, identical crank bore.. the only difference is the head button(old EVO 2 has both)......... I have modified and timed many JPX and EVO2 engines......... the cranks are no different whatsoever.... but I will say Picco is not 100% consistant on engine dimensions, you will see slight fluctuations motor to motor, but as far as timing,crank bore,sleeve timing, case volume, piston,bore/stroke etc they are identical engines......FYI the P9R has the same crank timing as the EVO2, which is the same timing as the JPX.. the P9R has its sleeve timing much higher...
Old 06-05-2008, 01:13 PM   #13
Tech Champion

How I know so much about these engines is because I somewhat specialize in modifying Picco engines..... Every single motor I modify is timed, both sleeve and crank.. every motor I modify has both crank and sleeve timing altered.... So over the course of the last year I have worked on several dozen of these engines....Picco will change timing and crank bore, but those variences will be in all 3 variations of the Picco ( Drake,JPX,Picco) all the offroad .21's share the same crank timings, same opening, same closing.... You will see a oddball crank with a extra few degrees every nowand then...Some JPX mills have a 9.8 mm bore, others a 9.9 mm bore...some are harcoated all the way thru the crank...others are bare metal dowm the bore......... older .21's had transfer ports opening earlier then boost, lately Picco has been opening boost a little earlier... Month to month I see a swing int he way Picco times and builds then engines... Adam from AB mods also hand times every engine and has also notices when Picco updates the lineup.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:13 PM   #14
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

The Dynamite should perform quite well. From what I understand, it is the same engine internally as the Sprotwerks V2 .21, which is an excellent running engine when tuned correctly with an 053 pipe. The SH engines I have seen don'e seem to last very long but I have heard of others getting great life out of them. The sportwerks engines I have seen run were as fast as just about anything else with 7+ minute run times.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot rod rc View Post
Jammin 21 or Dynimite 21 help????? lookin at one or other any comments would be helpful
do your homework and reserch, the newest dynamite is not the same as last year, i think the newest version is called the XP, it is factory modded and the same as the new SH, it has a lightened crank and filled with the red epoxy, and the crank counter is also a little more aggressive, this motor is good on open flowing tracks, i have ran them myself and they perform well, your laptimes with this engine will be more consistant compared to the picco, it's not as explosive, the dynamite has a great linier feel with very goot topend, and the new dynamite is also turbo i believe, and the price is still only around 215 220. it's a good all around engine.
615-838-5373
mugenb46 is offline   Reply With Quote