Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on buying a Hyper 7 (used)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Advice on buying a Hyper 7 (used)

Looking to get back into the hobby, I posted a previous thread about a Traxxas. I went to the track on Sunday and found a guy selling a used Ofna Hyper 7 and a Losi Aftershock. I am pretty set on the Hyper 7, just looking for advice on the buy. Is there anything I should look out for in general? I am going to have him meet me at the track and take it out for a few laps during practice before I buy it. Just wondering what I should keep my eyes/ears out for during the test rip.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hyper 7's are pretty good buggies, but they are a bit outdated so keep that in mind when considering the purchase, in other words dont pay too much you can get a new rolling chassis for about $175. Main thing is what kind of engine,pipe,electronics come with it. As far as wear the most expensive thing is cvds so check to see if they are worn alot and if they are bent.

For what it is worth I know a guy who has one with only a few races on it and he bought my old one which has the yannick conversion and all lunsford turnbuckles on the front. If your interested PM me and I can give you his number, I doubt he would need too much for them both.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Go to the Ofna forums, they have tons of info on the Hyper 7. Also, check out Nitrohouse.com, they usually stock the parts for it.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good car, pretty durable.

I have a parts lot for sale if you get it.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...62#post4502562
Old 06-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I recently retired my hyper 7 from racing, mainly due to the fact that parts are becoming pretty hard to find. Some places have some, but they are getting harder to find everyday.

Other than that, the Hyper 7 is a tank, a bit heavy by todays standards, but still a very capable buggy. I recently won a local club race with mine before I retired it.