R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-12-2008, 06:41 PM   #31
Tech Regular

After some searching for the 5/12 clutch bearings, Ive come to realize the at these bearings are pretty hard to find in my area. but I have a crap load of 5/10 bearings saved from my old EC clutch. I tried fitting the EC standard 13T bell on the 808 and tried a larger sper to compensate for the smaller bell. I wasn't very comfortable with the mashing and the sper gear was alil too close to the radio tray. SO that didn't work IMO... I found that a HPI Savage 16T clutch bell not only works but is prefect in my scenario because of all the extra 5/10 bearings I have fit and spin freely. To make a long story short... HPI Savage Clutch Bells work awesome in the XrayXB808!!
Old 07-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #32
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

the HPI bells are too short IMO....with proper shimming...IE the little washer under the alum shoes they dont cover the shoes enough....ive seen them run with a mm or 2 of shoe showing which is obviously no good....but i guess if u got it working and everythings cover'd...then ur all good.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:55 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
the HPI bells are too short IMO....with proper shimming...IE the little washer under the alum shoes they dont cover the shoes enough....ive seen them run with a mm or 2 of shoe showing which is obviously no good....but i guess if u got it working and everythings cover'd...then ur all good.
dude, this is true but realistically the 1mm is nothing IMO 99.5% of the shoe is still in contact with the bell. I ran the 808 like this all weekend (maybe 3.5hrs in total @ full load) without changing the ceramic bearings and the shoes didn't even look touched! Trust me it works Fine... beside its a great way to use up the thirty 5/10 bearings I have and if needed I can sand down the 1mm on the shoe!
Old 07-12-2008, 08:29 PM   #34
Tech Lord

Um.....over time having even 1mm showing will lead to premature shoe failure.....if the shoe isnt 100% cover'd the part that isnt will NOT wear.....u have to be kidding me if u think this is alright.....Use should be using the stock bell in the fist place....HPI bell
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 07-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #35
Tech Regular

you got premature what...? beside what do you know, you drive an Integra?
Old 07-13-2008, 06:11 AM   #36
Tech Lord

now trying to insult me with my User name... Get over yourself.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:02 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Dude it was a joke, relax...
Old 07-14-2008, 02:29 PM   #38
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

[QUOTE=MetalShield;4630402]dude, this is true but realistically the 1mm is nothing IMO 99.5% of the shoe is still in contact with the bell. I ran the 808 like this all weekend (maybe 3.5hrs in total @ full load) without changing the ceramic bearings and the shoes didn't even look touched! Trust me it works Fine... beside its a great way to use up the thirty 5/10 bearings I have and if needed I can sand down the 1mm on the shoe![/QUOTE

Have you tried shimming the flywheel out a tad so you don't have the shoes showing?? I have had to do this before and found that it worked just as well and that way the shoes don't show.

I don't have an 808 yet to try it yet though. I just bought my EC in late 07 for the CORCS series and have to at least get one year out of it.

Good luck in the GLORCS.
Revonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:49 AM   #39
Tech Regular

Finally got some footage of this baby on the track!!!

footage of my qualifier... Xray XB808!
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=8SLgJxYmIPY

Last edited by MetalShield; 08-08-2008 at 01:45 PM.
MetalShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:02 PM   #40
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I like you music choices Carcass is always a good choice! I wish my local track would try layouts like yours. We had the crossover once. What a disaster!
Associated SC10.2, RC10B2, RC10T2, RC10
pumpkinfish is offline   Reply With Quote