Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Buggy decision?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Nitro Buggy decision?????

Thinking about getting a nitro buggy. I already race a Losi 8T 2.0 and a Losi 8E 2.0. I love how my truggy handles and the buggy is getting better (not used to the electric stuff yet).

My question is do I go with the losi 8 2.0 or try something else. I am really liking the durango DNX 408 but want opinions on how they drive. I like to push my vehicles and love them to turn really good. I am up to entertaining others as well.

Thanks
Old 06-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

MUGEMUGENMUGENMUGENMUGEN!!!!!

It's what I drive anyway!
Old 06-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

you should get the buggy I have
Old 06-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

You have Losi why not stick with em?
Old 06-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
You have Losi why not stick with em?
I was thinking that, just that new durango is pretty sweet, just not sure if I would like how it handles. Just one of those things where you see something new and want it, but something tells me to wait. Just didn't want to wait to long with them being lowered in price plus the 150.00 in parts you get for free right now.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

A buddy of mine had a durrango and is car wore pretty bad and he is a A main driver always taking car of his stuff just my 2 cents.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by travis4380
I was thinking that, just that new durango is pretty sweet, just not sure if I would like how it handles. Just one of those things where you see something new and want it, but something tells me to wait. Just didn't want to wait to long with them being lowered in price plus the 150.00 in parts you get for free right now.
The Durango certainly looks nice, but I would give them a year or two to get the car sorted out a little more. Not saying it isn't capable, but it's very difficult to just hop into the scene and compete with major manufacturers who have spent years learning and perfecting their designs. Any buggy from the Big 5 would be solid: Kyosho, Mugen, Losi, AE, HB. I would stick with Losi in your shoes since you already have 2 Losi vehicles, you will probably have a decent amount of part-interchangeability.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KThatcher
you should get the buggy I have
Kyosho is a great one!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well... you said yourself that you like a buggy that steers... The Losi has a LOT of steering. And since you already have 2 other Losi's, I'd stick with Losi... Some people are saying that it's fallen behind as of late, but I still like mine, and have no desire to change brands. Good luck with your decision...
Old 06-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a dnx408 dingo and I like it alot...it just dropped price too amain hobbys got it listed for 549 now was 649 when I bought mine a few months ago.....I just got back in rc racing passed nov and with alot of practice im just now gettin close to always qualifying in top 1/2 of feild so im not a expert by any means but I can honestly say I think the buggy is worth the cash...never broke anything yet but only on my 3rd gallon of nitro with it and its also my 1st nitro buggy so I really can't compare it to anything....if I was going to buy another buggy and money isn't a issue id prob pick up a kyosho world t1 or whatever its called it runs about 899 bucks though
just my 2 cents....hope it helps
dnf don
Old 06-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Default Hmm

When you said you drive agressive (hard) and you like a lot of steering I thought of the Mugen MBX-6. The box stock setup is really mild, but it does not take much to tweak it to turn hard and the best thing is it doesn't take alot of money to make the changes either.

The kyosho is another car that can drive really fast through the turns and not spin out. It's expensive, but it is a great buggy from racing against it. It's irritatingly quick through the tough sections of the track....

I hope this helps. I will say that the mugen will outlast the kyosho in the replacement of worn parts. The Mugen is tough, and things like outdrives, axles, bulkheads, a arms, inner hinge pins and so on are exteremely durable over the life of the car. I do replace the outer rear ones more often than other cars, but that's one part. not 100 like some other cars.....Losi is a good example....Losi does make great cars though, please don't think I'm bashing Just what I've noticed....

The xray is an awesome car too. Lasts forever, but the Mugen seems to edge even the xray out in reliability from worn parts not broken ones...
Old 06-11-2011, 06:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Stick with Losi, you already have a bunch of spares. Keep things simple.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by CuznAndy
Well... you said yourself that you like a buggy that steers... The Losi has a LOT of steering. And since you already have 2 other Losi's, I'd stick with Losi... Some people are saying that it's fallen behind as of late, but I still like mine, and have no desire to change brands. Good luck with your decision...

ha you want to talk about steering try out the rc8b or the rc8t
Old 06-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just jumped ship from the D8 to the Durango.
Very happy with it, make sure if you get one to follow all the build tips online and you will have no problems.

Out of the box the back end steps out a bit but there are plenty of setups getting around that fix this.

Mine is dialled in, steers more than my D8 in and out of corners, jumps unbelievable (my local is like a rough super cross track).
It also seems to skip across all the rough stuff while other cars are getting thrown around.
Also in the long sweeping corners I can hold the thing flat and it just stays online. The D8 used to be quite difficult to push through these corners.

Hope that helps a bit
Old 06-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

I'll stick with 8b 2.0 or give a try for rc8b

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.