R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-30-2008, 06:38 AM   #1
bds
Tech Rookie

Default 1/8 buggy help

Hi, I am the owner of a Sportwerks Mayhem and I have a couple issues. I drive on asphalt and I find that during right hand corners of any sort the car seems to lose grip a lot and is harder to control then left hand turns which are very easy to control in comparison. Well I have done pretty much everything to try and correct this problem, including buying expensive sticky on road tires. It has made the control of the car much better, but I can actually see the fronts skid when I turn in upon entry of the corner and throughout. In comparison the left hand corners again are very controlled as if the car was on rails. The problem may lie with the fact that I am missing the front bulkhead, but is this enough to make the car act this way? If so, why is the car not affected in left turns? Well thanks for hearing out my problem.
bds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:14 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds View Post
Hi, I am the owner of a Sportwerks Mayhem and I have a couple issues. I drive on asphalt and I find that during right hand corners of any sort the car seems to lose grip a lot and is harder to control then left hand turns which are very easy to control in comparison. Well I have done pretty much everything to try and correct this problem, including buying expensive sticky on road tires. It has made the control of the car much better, but I can actually see the fronts skid when I turn in upon entry of the corner and throughout. In comparison the left hand corners again are very controlled as if the car was on rails. The problem may lie with the fact that I am missing the front bulkhead, but is this enough to make the car act this way? If so, why is the car not affected in left turns? Well thanks for hearing out my problem.
????
Does the steering system travel the same amount left from center as it does right from center? Don't know what else to tell you to check without seeing the vehicle so start there and maybe tell us anything else or post a pic of the front end if you can...
bjr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:25 AM   #3
bds
Tech Rookie

Yep, I just turned on the car and radio and the steering from center is dead on in each direction, same distance pretty much. I am honestly stumped myself. I even tried changing the shock fluid and this did give the car more stability since the old shock fluid was all black with no viscosity. Also, I bought this buggy used and it is a little beaten but in decent shape and it is like a rocket, the motor runs great. It is the handling that really needs tweaking. What mods should I do to lower it? Any other suggestions to help the handling and help cure this right turn problem? I heard something about using CVD rubber boots, what are these? I would love to snap some pics of her but I have no clue how to get the pics from an electronic device to the computer. My sister has a Motorola Razor, she can take pics with it, but I am not sure if I can upload pics with it. Does it come with usb? What other devices can I use to upload pics with and how do I do it. I don't have any other devices to take pics with however my dad does have a camera, the ones to video tape stuff with, but I am terrible at working it.
bds is offline   Reply With Quote