Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight rtr runtime ? How long to expect

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Losi 8ight rtr runtime ? How long to expect

This is my first nitro and was wondering how long of a runtime should I expect when tuned ? I was just puttering around in the backyard not blistering speeds but working the throttle and quick short speed bursts and was roughly 8 minutes. Now someone helped me tune my engine from stock setting of 2.5 turns from bottom for the high-speed and low-speed needle settings . I watched him adjust only the highspeed adjust. Should I expect that from the rtr 427 engine?
Old 05-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sidewaze
This is my first nitro and was wondering how long of a runtime should I expect when tuned ? I was just puttering around in the backyard not blistering speeds but working the throttle and quick short speed bursts and was roughly 8 minutes. Now someone helped me tune my engine from stock setting of 2.5 turns from bottom for the high-speed and low-speed needle settings . I watched him adjust only the highspeed adjust. Should I expect that from the rtr 427 engine?
A buddy I race with gets about 7 minutes pretty consistently with a JP-4. He's getting a .21 before the summer is over.