R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-25-2008, 09:04 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Hyper ST newbie

Jus got a 2nd hand hyper ST. anyone else playing it and wld like to share their exp?

1) got a few common qns though, the stock brakes for this arent really good. can stop on carpark slopes but is slow when braking for corners. is there any way to rectify this??

2) when throttling, the engine is fine at slow spds. but when i jam the throttle theres this choking sound, which wld lead the engine dying shld i not release the throttle. however if i slowly build up the spd, full throttle can be attained eventually. how do i tune the engine so i can open full throttle quickly?

its a great truggy btw
acura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Those truggies are known for having weak brakes. I know there are some fixes but not sure what. I sold mine because of that. Other than that it was a awesome truggy. As for your running problem, sounds like it is running rich. Do you have a temp gun, if so what temp is it at. I would suggest leaning out the High speed screw, turn it about a 1/4 turn clockwise to lean it out. counter clockwise to richen it. Only need small increments at a time. See if that works. Hopefully some guys can let you know what they did about the brakes.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:43 AM   #3
Tech Regular

assuming you have a good strong servo. try to pick up a set of fiber brakes used on the Jammin crt. Those are great. but you will have to get some steal calipers as well cause the stock calipers on the ST with pads wont work. Also when your braking make sure that the servo isnt moving around in the tray that could be the casue of weak braking.
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:05 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to zJatoRad

get a set of these:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/13087

my uncle uses those brakes on this ST Pro and they work great, if you get these and have a good strong servo then you should not have a problem braking...
Old 06-20-2008, 03:54 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

breaking issues what breaking issues mine stands on it nose. just get your self some decent servoes like the ace 1015 or something with some punch as i run two of these and have never had any prob with turning or stopping as for the engine chuck it in the bin and buy a descent engine and pipe combo,this truck is tough and will last for a long time as they take the big hits like nothing else..
v1r killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:09 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Get the fiber brake disks for the full size CRT. I use those on all my rides and they are just freaking awesome. Part #40591. You'll also need the brake plates part # 38271. Call Rob at Nitrouhouse, tell him stiffler sent you and he'll hook you up. Check out Nitrohouse.com, they have a tech tips page on this exact topic. I run dual fibre front pads and 1 single in the rear. As for the motor, to me it sounds too lean on the top but without physically being there to see the cars reaction, it's really hard to tell.
Bad Dog Rc
www.baddogrc.com
www.speedtechrc.com
My rides

Jammin CRT.5 w/ OS .12 TZP 5
Team Losi 8ight-T w/ Ninja JX .21
stiffler297 is offline   Reply With Quote