R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-25-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to griz11
Default R/C Pro Texas Series JCG == Video

Got tired of watching TV and its already over 100 outside. Too hot for an old man like myself to have much fun so I decided to throw an edit on some footage from last weekend's R/C Pro Texas Series race at Johnny Cool Guy's. This is a sights and sounds with a little twist. You'll see the twist I was playing around with some new toys Having a little fun and actually coming out with a pretty decent video. The Canon XL2 is looking better and better each weekend. More and more footage has that 'Canon' look too it And all this other stuff around here that is new or recent is finally starting to gell so I can get back to doing my thing instead of thinking how this or that works. The embedded version of this vid will change to flash as soon as I get it working. I bought Sorensen Squeeze for Flash one of the top rated encoders to solve the rebuffer problem once and for all. Once I get it all figured out there will be multiple choices so you can pick the one that works for your connection. The download version will remain a hi quality wmv file. Getting this in place marks a milestone for ProMoFo. I'm no longer rigging things together to put out my videos or using consumer equipment. Everying I wanted to have for either editing or shooting is in place paid for and I'm over the top happy with myself for getting it all done. Car dealers are offering some pretty awesome deals on fuel misers and we took advantage of that as well. So even the transportation arm of ProMoFo is brand new We got rid of a 130+K Saturn Vue that got around 25 on the highway for a 08 Impala LS that so far is getting awesome fuel mileage and is a flexfuel vehicle. Over 25 overall on gas and about 23.7 on ethanol. And its very comfortable on the road much more so than the Saturn. Onstar is a plus with my health conditions as well. Now all I need is races tape and gas. Thinking about getting a firestore drive for the camera so I don't even need tape except for archive.

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/JCG-LS.html

Download
http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...ghter-Side.wmv

Griz
Canon 7D EF400 EF70-200 EF40 Tamron SP70-300
griz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:09 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Default Flash Version

Another thing I'm working through right now is making the embedded videos all shockwave flash based. No viewer needed except for the flash player in your browser. Most browsers have this plugin installed so I'm expecting widespread ease of use with this format. This viewerskin is just one that came with the package I"m using. Sorensen Squeeze for Flash. I'll get something much better and more ProMoFo like soon. Until then its still decent and works.

Flash Embedded 768K

http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/RCPS-JCG/JCG-LS.swf

Once I do some testing and find out the best speed/size for my 3 choice small medium and large sizes and bandwidth I'll set up a preset for those in Squeeze and everything will be automated including moving the files to my website

Now the cameras are professional level. The editing is rapidly approaching professional level. And now the presentation methods are professional level. Then again why would ProMoFo have it any other way

Griz
Old 05-26-2008, 12:54 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Default Another flash variation

As you can see with this one you can do most anything with your presentation. And all this no matter how complicated is going to be two nicely sized files that can be placed anywhere on a server as long as they are in the same directory. The link is a link to that location. No html page to write or anything additional. Its a sweet way to do things and opens up a lot of additional ideas now that I've played with it a bit. You can be sure I'm going to experiment with it. Whenever I can use my computer skills to get a leg up on the competition I'm all for it. I've already spent all the time to learn the skillz might as well use them

http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...ghter-Side.swf

I can tell you one thing today has been a super fun day. I love days like this when everything goes right and you aren't even planning on doing anything you just start playing around and all of a sudden you make massive forward progress.

Griz
Old 05-27-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Lookin good - with some patience and editing skills you turn out a great product. Makes me wonder why we can't get some big race coverage on ESPN 8 (the Ocho) or VS!
Pauly6401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:00 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Once again a great video- thanks for taking the time to film, edit and host such great RC action Griz!
superlapS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:44 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Default Not enough money in it

I don't think there is enough money in R/C to attract the big boys. Since its 100% hobby with no consideration towards making any coin its perfect for me. I don't know what I'd do if I wasn't able to get out and shoot some video each weekend. My whole life revolves around it now seems like. But my Dr says its great that I'm throwing myself into something that stimulates my brain and gets me some exercise and sunshine. Last time I went for a checkup she and I watched my latest video while we discussed how my heart and all was doing. Even though there is nothing organized I get to compete with my videos too. Putting them up and seeing how they fly. I've heard plenty of people say to road to living a long time is to have a reason to get up and a routine so you aren't just sitting around all day watching the tube. Six months ago if you would have asked me if I would have the Canon and this awesome computer I'm editing on now I would have said no freaking way. Funny how things happen. I'm off to Dallas again tomorrow same track different series. Texas Invitational this time around. Johnny Cool Guys and its in the daytime Video looks so much better shot in good light.

Griz