R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-26-2008, 06:01 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Ive been wrong before!

sry to go off topic...
Hey Scott how was the convention a few weeks ago? didnt you meet up with Jeff? he was there all week.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalShield View Post
I had the same problem a couple races ago and I inspected the servos internals and re-binded it and it still was there. after a more in depth look at the connection I found a small cut in the wires housing that was rubbing against the chassis. that was the resistance...
I have a ace1015 that i can pull out of my box right now and make a video of the shakeing and it being the upper bushing for the center pin being wollowed out. What it does is when the servo tries to recenter the pin moves and it will constantly chase the center every time the pin moves.
micrors4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:08 PM   #18
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy View Post
I have a ace1015 that i can pull out of my box right now and make a video of the shakeing and it being the upper bushing for the center pin being wollowed out. What it does is when the servo tries to recenter the pin moves and it will constantly chase the center every time the pin moves.

SMACK..HEAD on the NAIL....this is EXACTLY what the Shakes are from....the center Idler pin is 99.9% of the time the culprit...change out the top case and to be 100% safe change the gear set and the shakes will gone for good....or until u take another big hit and potentially oval out that hole again....I keep spare top cases and gear set's on hand for such occasions.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:17 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
SMACK..HEAD on the NAIL....this is EXACTLY what the Shakes are from....the center Idler pin is 99.9% of the time the culprit...change out the top case and to be 100% safe change the gear set and the shakes will gone for good....or until u take another big hit and potentially oval out that hole again....I keep spare top cases and gear set's on hand for such occasions.
my buddy also had this problem with a 2 year old 9351 which needed new gears. The gears formed enought back lash to do the same thing.
micrors4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:59 AM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Same thing happened to my 1015. I let a friend drive my 8-T (which he had no clue how to drive) and proceeded to bounce off every pipe on the track. Well by the time he was done he commented about how the truck wouldn't drive straight. I thought he was crazy till we got down off the drivers stand and the front tires were wigging out. I thought the servo was toast.

I found the center shaft upper and lower bushings had been beaten to death. As well as the steel/bronze pressed gears had stripped splines. Not the gear teeth, but the splines where they press together were stripped. So I replaced the top case and mid-case and gear set. All good now for about $30.

That reminds me, I need to go order some more 1015s.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:09 AM   #21
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Gotta love the 1015
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote