R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-24-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Questions?? PROBLEM WITH ACE DS1015 SERVO

HI THERE.I HAVE TWO ACE DS1015 SERVOS IN MY CAR.LAST WEEK STARTED THIS PROBLEM:AFTER HALF TANK OR LESS PLAYING THE THROTLE SERVO BLOCKED ON BRAKES(LIKE FAILSAFE TURNS ON) AND IT WAS REALLY REALLY HOT.AND IN ABOUT FIVE MINUTES MY LIPO BATT WHICH I WAS PLAYING OVER A HOUR WAS DEAD.I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS THE LIPOS BUT WHEN I TRIED TO MOVE THE SERVO HORN WITH MY HANDS I NOTICED THAT I PUT A LOT OF POWER TO TURN IT.
I OPENED SERVO CASE TO SEE THE GEARS BUT I DIDN'T NOTICED ANYTHING WRONG.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?DO I HAVE TO CHANGE THE GEARS OR I BURNED MY SERVO?
deeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to JustinD

You do have a lipo regulator right ?

Mugen MBX6 -EB MOD OS V-Spec / EB MODS FUEL
JustinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:59 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

YES OF COURSE.MY STEERING SERVO WORKS JUST FINE.AND I CAN MOVE WITH MY HANDS EASILY LIKE THE DAY I BOUGHT THEM.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sounds like you burned up the servo. Was it in an 8ight because they are notorius for killing servos, but any vehicle without endpoints set properly can kill a servo. Its possible when your failsafe kicked in it locked up your servo and burned it out. I set my failsafes to neutral or just a touch of brakes to prevent this from happening.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

It's on a Hobao Hyper 8.So you say that I must buy another one.This can't be repaired,right?
Old 05-24-2008, 05:00 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

I'm pretty sure you can send it in to ACE, or contact their customer support. I don't know anything about ACE, but I'm pretty sure there is some sort of customer service.
Good luck
Tom
Futaba FASST 3PM
chrobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

what type of lipo are you using ...how many cells? what mah ? if you ran a 3 cell it could burn somethings up ? just curious ...ace really doesnt have alot of customer service or thats what i was told ..i run 1015's for throttle and steering and run a 2 cell 2000mah pack and havent had any problems yet the servos are decent

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:39 AM   #8
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Send it to Ace they WiLL help u out...any 1 who said there's no customer servicer over there is FULL of it....ive had a couple small issues with my servo's in the past and they have MOre then helped me out.....and i think u burned up the motor's on the throttle...if the gear set is fine and u cant visibly see the problem then its the motor's for sure....i have NEVER EVER seen an ace electronics fail...only gearset's....i love my 1015's
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Send it to Ace they WiLL help u out...any 1 who said there's no customer servicer over there is FULL of it....ive had a couple small issues with my servo's in the past and they have MOre then helped me out.....and i think u burned up the motor's on the throttle...if the gear set is fine and u cant visibly see the problem then its the motor's for sure....i have NEVER EVER seen an ace electronics fail...only gearset's....i love my 1015's
hey what problems did you have? and what did ace do about it ? just curious incase i ever do have any problems ....not that im looking to .....my buddy said when he called ace directly on the phone that they couldnt repair servos ...and that they could give him a reduced price on new servos ....just curious what your exp. was ....just wondering if they will be like hitech and jr ...you pretty much send em back and they send you new ones a week later ....with the prices of these high zoot servos its nice to know if they fail you could send em back ....

TEAM PROLINE-RACING
Old 05-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #10
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

If they find something wrong with the electronics...they will replace it no questions asked within the first year....if its a gear set they will replace it and send it back....the problem's i had were getting the wrong gears from my LHS and potentially the Older 1013 cases which were faulty....the center pin retainer on the top case is beefed up now...and im pretty sure my LHS stocked up on the older versions when the 1015/1013 first came out....Dispite me telling them its the WRONG PARTS and would'nt last 5 min on the track...they claimed its my driving. ...called up Ace and they sorted it out for me with proper #'s and some good advice....i havent had an issue quite some time now....I am however dealing with the Canadian Side of Ace/TT...but i doubt the American side would'nt honour the same deal.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
If they find something wrong with the electronics...they will replace it no questions asked within the first year....if its a gear set they will replace it and send it back....the problem's i had were getting the wrong gears from my LHS and potentially the Older 1013 cases which were faulty....the center pin retainer on the top case is beefed up now...and im pretty sure my LHS stocked up on the older versions when the 1015/1013 first came out....Dispite me telling them its the WRONG PARTS and would'nt last 5 min on the track...they claimed its my driving. ...called up Ace and they sorted it out for me with proper #'s and some good advice....i havent had an issue quite some time now....I am however dealing with the Canadian Side of Ace/TT...but i doubt the American side would'nt honour the same deal.
cool good info ...i hope i never have to put it to the testso far these servos have been right on time ....the are fast and hold awesome on my buggy ....ive seen a couple of 9100's burn up here locally and im glad my 1015's for 90 bucks are still holding strong ....

TEAM PROLINE-RACING