R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-27-2008, 05:32 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mines a little brown, but not to the degree that yours is. I had a feeling it might be the gen 2 aswell.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:50 PM   #32
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJa View Post
I hate to say this, but the more I look into this and talk with other people... I think it is the byrons gen2 fuel...... 30%......

anyone else ????

like i said from the beginning
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:01 PM   #33
Tech Regular

I would guess it is the fuel as well (although I have no experience with Byrons Gen 2). For what it is worth, I have now ran about 14 gallons of the Tilted Green Fuel and I have never had carbon build up like that on any of my motors. All I have is a nice light green tint on the internals of the engines, and a nice bronze/brown colored piston top
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

OK.. here is something to look at.....

This is an old OS 21RG.....It has had Byrons Gen2 in it also

This is a werks B3 that has under 2gallons.... all of it Gen2

This is a Rossi 21BF (dont really care to wast time on the history of this motor... lets just say the fuel makes it look great compare to what it has been though... Also has been run on Gen2......

And my go7port that started the whole thread.......

See the same thing in all the motors... and all the motors have had Gen2 in them......now it could just be me.... but 4 motors looking the same.... all on the same fuel.....

there are 2 things that are the same with all of these motors.... they are mine.. and they where run on Byrons Gen2.... so you tell me the problem.... (me right!!!!!)
http://stevejavorsky.zenfolio.com
More and More its BEARDMORE !!!!!!! (Thanks Todd)
SteveJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #35
Tech Regular

wow....I think you just answered your own question there..
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:38 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

i have been running byrons for a long time and i have never seen anything like this..
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:20 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This may not be of relevant, but when I worked at ACE I saw a lot of this residue and buildup in heli and plane engines running Byrons.... like hundreds of them.

Something is getting cooked, Probably something in the lubrication package. Generally there is more burnt residue and buildup towards the exhaust port, as shown in the pictures above. This suggests to me a needle imbalance - one is too lean and you are covering it up by having the other too rich. If you dont have any actual buildup, just discoloration, you are probably ok.

I will buy that some of it could be atributed to dye, but in that case, the ENTIRE inside of the engine would be colored, like it is when you run Blue Thunder. When there is actual buildup on the piston top, it is definately more than dye - the tune is not right.

Last edited by largeorangefont; 05-27-2008 at 08:33 PM.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:27 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJa View Post
OK.. here is something to look at.....

This is an old OS 21RG.....It has had Byrons Gen2 in it also

This is a werks B3 that has under 2gallons.... all of it Gen2

This is a Rossi 21BF (dont really care to wast time on the history of this motor... lets just say the fuel makes it look great compare to what it has been though... Also has been run on Gen2......

And my go7port that started the whole thread.......

See the same thing in all the motors... and all the motors have had Gen2 in them......now it could just be me.... but 4 motors looking the same.... all on the same fuel.....

there are 2 things that are the same with all of these motors.... they are mine.. and they where run on Byrons Gen2.... so you tell me the problem.... (me right!!!!!)
Or maybe you like to run your engines on the lean side.......
Like I said my go 5 port looks the same way but was ran with Gen 1. I have other engines that I have ran with the gen 2 and they don`t look like this...I`m going to ask my friends to look inside there engines..We all run Gen 2.....There are about 30 of use that run together on a weekly basis and we all run gen 2
Old 06-16-2008, 10:43 PM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

ok.........so I got some Odonnells and have been running that...... I tuned my B3 with it then ran a 30min main........ I took it apart when I got home and had to take some pictures... look back at the before pictures of my B3... then look at this one.....I DID NOT clean the piston or button...took it apart and this is how it looks......

hhhhmmm......
SteveJa is offline   Reply With Quote