R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Losi 8ight Clutch building (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/222930-losi-8ight-clutch-building.html)

Cvdiver 05-20-2008 05:40 PM

Losi 8ight Clutch building

Ok, probably a way stupid question. But what is the trick to getting this thing built???? I have ruined one of the composite shoes already, and stripped 2 screws. Basically I have to get the flywheel off and get a new one......Any help?

mixedguy 05-20-2008 10:57 PM

lil help

hey i did the same to mine this worked for me. frist those screws strip really easly. u do not have to tighten them that much just snug them down never had any screws back out 4 gallons on mine. to get the stripped ons out just use a dremel tool and cut a slot in the screw and use a flat head screw driver save u from buying new flywheel. to get the fly wheel off just go to hardware store and buy a small pulluy puller check out you tube under nitro clutch. as for putting shoes on put the spring and shoe in place and insert screw it will go through frist hole easy as fot the secound push the bottom uf the she and rotate the screw with hex driver as u were tighting the screw it should fall right in mine always do never have a problem if u have any more question just pm me hope this helps

boostfiend 05-20-2008 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cvdiver (Post 4463512)
Ok, probably a way stupid question. But what is the trick to getting this thing built???? I have ruined one of the composite shoes already, and stripped 2 screws. Basically I have to get the flywheel off and get a new one......Any help?

Patience! hehe. The trick that worked for me was to get the shoe and spring in place, then insert the allen wrench into the hole. Once you pass the spring (moving it where it should be) take the wrench out while keeping firm pressure on the shoe. Then push the screw into place and snug it up after you apply some threadlock.

air8 05-21-2008 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvdiver [View]

IS there a trick to building this clutch? I am having no luck. I have ruined one composite shoe, and stripped 2 screws. I am going to buy a new flywheel and assorted parts and start over. Anyone offer any help?

Try grinding/sanding a slight bevel on the end of the clutch pins. This will help it get through the rear of the flywheel. But don't put too much angle on and don't take off too much material. Try a slight bevel, work on putting it in, if it doesn't go then put a little more bevel on. Just keep doing this till you find the sweet spot.

Also be sure you're pushing the clutch shoe down against the flywheel so the holes for the pin line up all the way through. The clutch springs will keep the clutch shoe slightly off the flywheel so there is some tension already on the clutch shoes.

Taken from the Losi 8ight building and setup.