R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Team Cobra Wing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/222818-team-cobra-wing.html)

buckeye34 05-20-2008 08:04 AM

Team Cobra Wing

I used the high downforce wing in a rc pro series event here in ohio over the weekend. I had a cartwheel down the back straight and the wing BROKE IN HALF!!! Have had different brands of wings and have had similar cartwheels from avoiding other drivers and NONE OF THEM BROKE. My question is this, has anyone else had this problem or did I get a "fluke"?

buckeye34 05-20-2008 11:31 AM

anyone???

blowpopracer 05-20-2008 11:49 AM

I never had a team magic wing but I have wings snap on me when i tumble it bad. We race indoors in the winter and that is when mine broke.

Crim3Wav3 05-20-2008 01:15 PM

another quality Team Cobra product :lol:

...but it "is designed like a real airfoil". :smile::smile:

EDIT: In reality, they all "break"...though most well designed wings bend quite a bit before breaking. The Proline HD wing is probably the worst. It will take out a wing mount before itself will break.

buckeye34 05-20-2008 01:22 PM

i ran it indoors for a few races and it was fine.but the first qual. on an outdoor track while trying to avoid another car and one cartwheel,not even a "bad one"..then SNAP, i heard it from the driver's stand....."is designed like a real airfoil" is true until you wreck...

hakmazter 05-20-2008 01:46 PM

So are you saying real airfoils don't break when you crash?

What was the temperature when it happened? I have heard of it happening also and if you simmer or boil plastic, it makes it more flexible and less likely to break.

buckeye34 05-20-2008 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by hakmazter (Post 4462741)
So are you saying real airfoils don't break when you crash?

not at all. i flew for 6 years before i started racing...but it should not have broken that easily. my proline high downforce and stock mugen wing have and are holding up alot better than the cobra one did. it was only ran 4 times and was still like new until saturday...temp. was mid 70's..not at all near cold...

speedy2 05-20-2008 02:31 PM

I use one it gets out of shape very easy

Drew Jensen 05-20-2008 03:05 PM

I had the same problem. Had a Team Cobra wing modified to fit on a Team Magic buggy, did a cartwheel on an indoor track the first night and broke. Makes me think twice about buying any of their products.

buckeye34 05-20-2008 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Drew Jensen (Post 4462975)
I had the same problem. Had a Team Cobra wing modified to fit on a Team Magic buggy, did a cartwheel on an indoor track the first night and broke. Makes me think twice about buying any of their products.

i won't buy another product of theirs. too bad to...i "heard" their clutch shoes and springs are pretty good.

mblgjr 05-20-2008 04:09 PM

Only wings I ever really broke were some very early Ofna wings.

Now I just run the Proline units; no worries.

Of course...you could just not wreck :p:ha: :lol:

buckeye34 05-20-2008 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by mblgjr (Post 4463173)
Only wings I ever really broke were some very early Ofna wings.

Now I just run the Proline units; no worries.

Of course...you could just not wreck :p:ha: :lol:

that's what i strive for..LOL:D

nsgland 05-20-2008 05:26 PM

wing

2 Attachment(s)
This is what happened to my wing yesterday. Cartwheeled !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also have tires (Mambas) and wheels. No problem with these products.Tires are HOOKED !!!! :D:D

Neil

buckeye34 05-20-2008 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by nsgland (Post 4463437)
This is what happened to my wing yesterday. Cartwheeled !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also have tires (Mambas) and wheels. No problem with these products.Tires are HOOKED !!!! :D:D

Neil

mine broke from the mounting holes to the top..should have taken pics of it..so,that's two in one weekend....that we know of....

mblgjr 05-20-2008 09:41 PM

Poor; cheap plastic....really needs to be addressed.

I miss my old FlyingPoint wings. They were BEASTS compared to this modern stuff.