R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Default NEW NOVAROSSI TRUGGY ENGINES

we tested the 7 port in a hpi savage as we needed something with a heavy load the test was conducted on dyno facilities rc dyno systems supplied by the best in the business mike stickels and we managed to get 3.58 hp at the wheels .Its funny Nova spec say 2.85 hp at the flywheel lol hahaha.

parts used
9901 pipe
long header
sidewinder 30% only the best

I will post up the graph sheets as soon possible

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

in a savage ?????? wtf?
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'd say that dyno reads extremely generously compared to the standard X-Dyno......That same motor would be 1.8 -2.0 HP at the flywheel tops if it was tested on a X-dyno......... Do you have other reference motors to compare against... As well how accurate can a chassis dyno be for a RC ?
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I'd say that dyno reads extremely generously compared to the standard X-Dyno......That same motor would be 1.8 -2.0 HP at the flywheel tops if it was tested on a X-dyno......... Do you have other reference motors to compare against... As well how accurate can a chassis dyno be for a RC ?

^^took the words outta my mouth, lol
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I agree, those numbers sound unbelievable (literally). It depends on what type of dyno they are using but if you want numbers to compare, there needs to be an industry standard to put all engines on. I believe it will be the nitrodyne system very soon if not already. And those were at the wheel numbers and not static numbers which we all know there is a percentage of loss in all drive systems so what does this thing make at the crank....8hp!!!
PowerHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:13 PM   #6
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerHouse View Post
I agree, those numbers sound unbelievable (literally). It depends on what type of dyno they are using but if you want numbers to compare, there needs to be an industry standard to put all engines on. I believe it will be the nitrodyne system very soon if not already. And those were at the wheel numbers and not static numbers which we all know there is a percentage of loss in all drive systems so what does this thing make at the crank....8hp!!!
consider the source !

on another note , there are some new badass .28's coming from nova engines pretty soon !!!!
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
Old 05-19-2008, 09:27 PM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
consider the source !

on another note , there are some new badass .28's coming from nova engines pretty soon !!!!
Gotta love badass motors !!!!!! I hear your 21-5/421 hybrids are some pretty smokin little monsters !!! i'd love to try one some day !
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #8
Tech Master

I am anxious to see what they come with next. Novarossi has never disappointed me yet. Their numbers may sound outragous but either way, I personally don't think nova's need to advertise numbers anyway. They have always been great motors and will continue to be as long as they continue using their past and current quality control. I love nova's and they will always be at the top of my list.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Guys i dont know about x-dyno but what i do know is that's what the figures were and to be honest the different fuels we used to compare also made a big difference i wont mention fuels or other engines we tested as thats what gets me inot trouble all the time and people think im bashing products .

I trust mike stickels and his dynos and HP at the wheels i believe more than the flywheel you need a load to get accurate readings and thats what we did .

anyway take care guys
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:39 PM   #10
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Guys i dont know about x-dyno but what i do know is that's what the figures were and to be honest the different fuels we used to compare also made a big difference i wont mention fuels or other engines we tested as thats what gets me inot trouble all the time and people think im bashing products .

I trust mike stickels and his dynos and HP at the wheels i believe more than the flywheel you need a load to get accurate readings and thats what we did .

anyway take care guys
applause to you for not blowing up angelo , a step in the right direction for you man .

maximo; yes they are very very very smooth and insane engines !! and with a little houston tuning they are even faster !!
i have three of them ready to rock right now !!! i will let you guys play with one if you would like , just no peeky peeky !!!! only play play !!! lmk
plus 821b might soon be on the list from novarossi . ssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!
hottinger wants me to test a few engines at buggy nats for him so we will see how my engines compare to his builds
Old 05-19-2008, 09:43 PM   #11
Tech Master

you can send me one if you'd like, I promise not to port I mean peek inside did I say that outloud
Old 05-20-2008, 02:18 AM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I read that Novarossi is releasing "budget" minded line of mills. I wonder what will be sacrificed to lower the price. Could end up being some modder specials!. In computer modding there was alway 1 chip in a line from Intel that was rated at WAy below the potentilal. They were just chips from the same batch of high end chips that rated lower. I used to find cheap chip for a steal that would mod overclock to unbelievable gains! That would be nice if it was true here as well.

Maybe same as there hi end mills with less port work.
XT8 Hobbywing 150a esc/2000kv combo KILLER! Full rc-monster e conversion. 4s
slaytanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:43 AM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

The budget engines are in the Basic engine section. Basically, the Rally engines can be used, just install a rubber shielded front bearing.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:49 AM   #14
Tech Master

Sounds like it may be like the N21B deal. Great motor for a great price and with some work can be as competative as anything and still have about half the price tag.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:49 PM   #15
Tech Prophet

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerHouse View Post
you can send me one if you'd like, I promise not to port I mean peek inside did I say that outloud
i know how to make an engine very noticeable if taken apart !! lol if i let you play with one , do not run more than 1/2 gallon of byrons race3000 original !!! i prefer this fuel but there is nothing wrong with gen2 .
monty