R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-16-2008, 05:57 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default the new/off brand companies....

I have something that has weighed heavily on my mind for quite some now and decided I would finally start a post for it, so here it goes....

There are lots of new companies/off brand(no offense) coming out and i see posts in here for alot of them. I truely believe the reasons these small companies do or dont make it vary greatly but have one thing in common on all of them is exposure!

Most people will not buy a buggy/truggy they havent driven or seen at their local track/hobbyshop. Mainly because of parts support and tech support for set up and what not at their local track. I believe this has to be a HUGE problem for the smaller/newer companies!

I for one hate running what everyone else is. I like to try new things that others wont give a chance. The problem I have is that I run at ALOT of different tracks and cant risk breaking a cheap plastic part and be out of the race weekend cause there isnt a hobbyshop that carries parts for it.

I have sent emails to some manufactures and distributors asking them for a partial parts sponsorship and havent had any luck. Here is the funny part I dont mind buying the buggy I just dont want to have to spend equally as much on plastic to stock my own parts. I for the life of me cant figure out why these smaller companies wont offer sponsorship to someone like myself that is a sportsman driver who is willing to try and promote their product and all they would have to do is sport me some extra plastic parts as part of their sponsorship.

I along with many others dont want a chassis sponsorer cause I compete in the sportsman class and dont wanna be forced to run the pro class at major races.

Now while I may not put their car on the podium I can show it off and be somewhat as a local ambassador of their product, yet it seems no one wants to do this.

I guess what I want to ask is to the general public.....

1)If you saw a new companies vehicle at the track that wasnt winning but was holding together well, built well and you could test drive it would you consider buying it?

To the smaller companies out there....

1)Why dont you spend more time offering a sponsorship to sportsman drivers similar to what I described above so people can see and drive your car in more locations as apposed to showing pics on here and talking about how good it is?

I dont mean any disrespect with this post I just dont understand why... I have seen soooo many different buggies I wanna try but it seems none of the small guys wanna sponsor someone except for a few people so all these new companies dont get their product shown at the local level.
blowpopracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think you are thinking about this too much. I am just like you and like to run what nobody has. I have had a Robitronic Mantis, Robitronics Protos, Redcat Hurricane, Redcat Monsoon, and along with others I now have a Caster Racing K8T and ZX1-R and just got my OCM's in. I run every week sometimes twice a weak and have never had a LHS carry these brands I ran except for the redcat. I have never had a problem at all with needing parts either. All I ever order extra are front shock shafts, front lower a-arms and lower rear a-arms, hinge pins and shock rod ends. That pretty much covers most things you might have a problem with and only costs about a extra 50-60 bucks or so. Most LHS more than likely will not have the part you need in stock and will have to order it anyways if you do not get it ahead of time so it really makes no difference if you have a name brand or so called off brand because you will have to order parts. That is my opinion. Most people nowadays are ordering all there stuff online because they get it faster then if there LHS orders it. I get all my stuff in 2-3 days everytime from Caster racing! You will not even get that in alot of larger online stores!
Old 05-16-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Default Hey blowpopracer.

Just so everyone knows that reads this thread. You will never be considered for a sponsorship if you never contact any company and never submit a good resume with references. That means you blowpopracer, . Most companies are looking for ambassadors for thier product and will consider most drivers for sponsorship, including ours. Send me a resume and well see what we can do.

cam

cam@casterracingusa.com
camshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:31 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by camshaft View Post
Just so everyone knows that reads this thread. You will never be considered for a sponsorship if you never contact any company and never submit a good resume with references. That means you blowpopracer, . Most companies are looking for ambassadors for thier product and will consider most drivers for sponsorship, including ours. Send me a resume and well see what we can do.

cam

cam@casterracingusa.com

Cam thanks for the reply. I never tried caster just cause I run in the same area as you do so I figured they wouldnt need the exposure in my area. I did submit a resume to one company and they said they would sponsor me and get back to me with the details once their program was worked out. I waited for a response and never received one so I contacted them again and they wont return my emails. Im not gonna flame the company this was with cause I figured maybe they just found someone better.

I just wanted to clarify that my email is more of a inquiry then a personal issue. I just thought with the smaller companies if they offered small sponsorships to more of your sportsman club racer they would get more exposure which would equal more sales. Just curious on what other opinions are.

vnsmgt, I guess im spoiled my LHS carries parts for all the major players in rc. I honestly dont think I ever had to end my race day early due to a part they didnt have on hand. Sometimes I forget others dont have that luxury.

p.s. Cam are you going to st louis next weekend? A friend and myself are thinking of going along with a couple more from Extreme RC.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #5
Tech Adept

I think you've got a point there: since small companies can't afford to spend big bucks on promoting their products, why not give help to local drivers that are willing to give their product a try??

maybe not a total sponsorship (everybody would hop on for a free ride!!) but say : "if you buy our buggy and drive it (and let other drivers test it) at your local track, we will give you an optional parts pack, or a spare parts pack or something similar..

It would cost them comparatively little money, and they would have a handfull of very satisfied drivers showing off their product here and there!!

DR Z
TEAM www.fisio-sport.com
(Valencia, Spain)
DR ZAIRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Its wierd of all the new companies that pimp their products on here the only one who had the decency to reply to this is Cam from Caster Racing. I wonder why all the other companies that flood threads talking about how great their products are havent replied?

I was really hoping to get lots of feedback on this thread.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowpopracer View Post
Its wierd of all the new companies that pimp their products on here the only one who had the decency to reply to this is Cam from Caster Racing. I wonder why all the other companies that flood threads talking about how great their products are havent replied?

That is why I run Caster's. Not only a great product but also great customer service. One of the best I have ever had.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:44 PM   #8
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowpopracer View Post

I replied

As being part of a new brand...... as I am right now, there is alot that goes into getting a car built and here for sale.... so far we are a few months into our deal with the factory....... and that means we're up most nights up til well past midnight (they are 14hrs ahead of us) on messenger communicating, improving, changing and developing the current product or a new one. We have about 20 drivers at this point in all places in the country and racers that are all levels, My reply to your PM was in no way discouraging IMO, I simply stated at this time we didnt have any plans of adding to the team..... mainly because we are getting small supplys of parts and kits to get by with untill the production stuff shows up in a few weeks.

Teams are always adding AND subtracting so as with anything in life I wouldnt be discouraged..... and most importantly practice practice practice, and keep a good attitude at all times.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:10 PM   #9
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

a good attitude like i have tony ? whats happenin with you lately bro ?

i wouldnt want to be sponsored by some of the companies that are based in the other under worlds anyway ! there is a particular i am thinking of but no names mentioned !
happy motoring ,
monty

"with maximum respect"LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
I replied

As being part of a new brand...... as I am right now, there is alot that goes into getting a car built and here for sale.... so far we are a few months into our deal with the factory....... and that means we're up most nights up til well past midnight (they are 14hrs ahead of us) on messenger communicating, improving, changing and developing the current product or a new one. We have about 20 drivers at this point in all places in the country and racers that are all levels, My reply to your PM was in no way discouraging IMO, I simply stated at this time we didnt have any plans of adding to the team..... mainly because we are getting small supplys of parts and kits to get by with untill the production stuff shows up in a few weeks.

Teams are always adding AND subtracting so as with anything in life I wouldnt be discouraged..... and most importantly practice practice practice, and keep a good attitude at all times.
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:16 PM   #10
Tech Champion

Whats wrong with your attitude Monty? your passionate about racing and you care about winning........ cant train that into someone, good qualities to have IMO, seems I remember Regan saying something like that years ago about Tebo lol

I talk to Him every so often, but he has no bearing in our relationship with the factory, he's another importer/distributer thats all.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:32 PM   #11
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

i would love to see regan man , he is a cool cat and in my opinion was a great team manager , just sucked at driving !!! which in turn made him a great team manager !!! LOL
later bro
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:01 PM   #12
Tech Champion

lmao true true

see ya soon
Old 05-20-2008, 07:18 AM   #13
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

There are companies that will do exactly what you said (Caster and Nanda come to mind, and I know this from personal experience... I'm one of the slowest guys around. ) but you have to realize the downside for you as a racer...

Here's an example. Per the RC Pro Series rules, if you have a chassis sponsorship... ANY percentage... it is mandatory that you run "Expert" or "Open" class, not "Sportsman" or "Intermediate." That isn't true for other items, but for the actual car it is. It is unfortunate too... because of exactly this situation. IF that weren't the case, I would have taken Mike Battaile up on the Caster deal when he was the team manager. I have no business being a rolling obstacle for the expert guys.

Just food for thought.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:44 PM   #14
Tech Elite

where do you find these rules? I would like to glance over them.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:23 PM   #15
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
I replied

So where can I find a sponsored driver of the TQ buggy in the midwest so I can see the product?