Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEO Mods. vs EB Mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default CEO Mods. vs EB Mods

I used to run EB Mod'ed P5's which were great motors. But have switched camps. I now run O.S. motors and they are very good low-end motors. I just recently bought another V-spec and wanted to get it modified and decided between these 2 CEO and EB. 2 outstanding Co.'s but besides the price anybody have some 2c's on these mod choices for O.S.

Thanks
V
Old 05-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Seriously I would check Rick Brake out at RB MODS his motors are the smoothest, best idling, great fuel mileage motors I have used yet

Thankx, Bill
Old 05-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vsfriedmugan
I used to run EB Mod'ed P5's which were great motors. But have switched camps. I now run O.S. motors and they are very good low-end motors. I just recently bought another V-spec and wanted to get it modified and decided between these 2 CEO and EB. 2 outstanding Co.'s but besides the price anybody have some 2c's on these mod choices for O.S.

Thanks
V
I am a big fan of EB. I don't see anybody else with dyno graphs and proper cnc machines to do consistent mods.

Colin
Old 05-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Can anyone even get ahold of the guy at CEO? He has had my engine for almost 2 months and wont get in touch with me
Old 05-15-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Can anyone even get ahold of the guy at CEO? He has had my engine for almost 2 months and wont get in touch with me
No kidding thats good to know! Yea some of the guys @ my track rave about 'em so i just did lil searching for some background and they seemed to be a stand up co. but 2months damn! id be 2
Old 05-15-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C Branch
I am a big fan of EB. I don't see anybody else with dyno graphs and proper cnc machines to do consistent mods.

Colin
http://murnanmodified.com/index.php dose he's not to big in offroad but his onroad motors are insane hes got a thread in the onroad section he has dyno sheet up but only of onroad motors he compairs a stock version to his modified so u can see the difference hes deff one to consider
Old 05-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just ordered a 3 port Race go tech from Pro Twister Mods. I spoke with Brian on the phone before placing the order. Seems like a very stand up company and he was deffinately customer service oriented. From what I hear his mills are top notch as well
Old 05-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

i was reading up on CEO's new titanium con rod any body seen any dyno on this new rod or heard anything about it
Old 05-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys,

I've run a CEO engine in the past and can tell you it was an absolute thrill. I don't have experience with the other companies, but I've heard good things about all of them. I can't give a definitive answer as to which is better, but I can tell you that CEO is awesome.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a V-Spec modded by Tony King of TNT mods and it is lighting fast. I also have a CEO VG that is quick. I know the guy that owns the track I manage does some work for Rick Brake in exchange for motors and his seems awesome also. I have a 367 modded by Jim at Hotmods that ive not had a chance to run yet but im sure it will be good also. All of the modders do a little something different and I guess the point is to get someone that has experience and great customer service and takes the time to answer your questions.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i have heard nothing but good things about ceo
Old 05-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

atondo (sp.?) runs for them (or used to in nor cal) and killed it. the motors looked awesome althought i haven't driven one....
Old 05-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vsfriedmugan
I used to run EB Modded P5's which were great motors. But have switched camps. I now run O.S. motors and they are very good low-end motors. I just recently bought another V-spec and wanted to get it modified and decided between these 2 CEO and EB. 2 outstanding Co.'s but besides the price anybody have some 2c's on these mod choices for O.S.

Thanks
V
EB Mods is the real deal! Fortunately enough I have been running for EB Mods for almost 2 years and the v specs have been awesome! Smooth , powerful , consistent, and great run time. Just an awesome engine! Ed Bridges at EB Mods has a full R&D shop with accurate equipment to obtain REAL results..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZnVnPWjqXiA

Eb Mods has just started working with Trinity on the new EX Tech engine! I had the chance to do some track testing with Ed at http://www.barnstormersrc.com/ 2 weeks ago and the EX Tech's are Awesome. The 21 EX Tech had very similar power to a V spec and got alittle over 10 mins. The 24 EX Tech I had in my truggy OMG more power everywhere and also getting 10 mins.
I couldn't believe it! The Trinity engines where so good I put my NIB EB Mods V specs for sale in this forum and just got some EX Tech's.
Read More: http://ebmods.com/

Last edited by jpalessi; 05-15-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I'm not sure what Eb Mods is doing now that Ed is working with Trinity, either full on or in part. Could be intresting trying to run two shops so to speak.
On CEO, I too have had a couple of motors take longer than usual to get back to me. Actually my 367's are still there, been about a month or so. I did get Chris on the phone last week and got to talk to him for a bit. He is real backed up right now for whatever the reason, but is trying to get as much done as he can. Not an easy task when you are an one man army all the time. Best I can tell you is to keep trying to catch him on the phone, but know that every call he does take is that much less time to get a motor done.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

When you guys are wanting to compare engine modders what exactly are you looking for ? By what criteria do you judge each modders work......I know HP and torque gains are not a huge priority to most racers so what is ? I see these Modder vs Modder threads all the time, and at times I U have gotten myself involved ( I am very educated on engine mods) as I have a much different veiw on modding these engines then most other people....

Anyways as I ask what exactly are you guys looking for when getting an engine modded ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.