R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-15-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution
Default Got the car picked out! now I wait...

Well i have my eyes set soley on the Ofna Hyper buggy, (I will get a buggy first and sell my revo, and then depending on how it goes I will pick up a truggy).

All I have to wait for now is to see how the hyper 9 will be priced and how its reviewed over the 8.5 pro.

I am most likely going to buy a 8.5 pro, I just want to see what the hyper 9 will have to offer since its hopefully right around the corner.

well anways, from anyone who already has the buggy, got any tips suggestions, warnings, etc?
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thought you were interested in the OCM? Oh well, everyone has the right to change there mind. The hypers are really good buggies. If it were me I would wait for the hyper 9.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay
Cool

good move on steering away from the ocm.. i have never had a hyper but it cant be any worse than the kaos... just my .02 cents
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #4
Tech Master

Yea I dont mean to bail on them like this, I still respect what they are doing with the great customer support, and I wish them luck, but I want to go with a more known brand and car, and something the shop I go to actually carries spare parts for.

I still want to try out the go-tech engines though, Im waiting on the 21. 7port 08 model
Old 05-15-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
Tech Master

Well I just got my OCM order in and all I can say is IMO there is nothing out there that can compare to the quality of the OCM. It is just amazing. I have owned many RC's and Alan Burton is making sure they are the $h1T!!! I have seen the X-ray buggies and even that is not comparable. Now I am just talking about the looks of the buggy and how it is built. I have not ran it yet and that may be a different story but until I run my personal one I cannot say. There is nothing on there that needs upgrading. Congrats to OCM. All people have to do is get a chance to see one in person. I was very skeptical this whole time waiting for my order and never seeing one in person but it 100% built to race!

Hey RC revolution if you want any pics of certain stuff let me know. To me it does not matter if the LHS carries what I run because 9 out of 10 times they do not have the right part anyways and needs to be ordered so it is the same if I just order it myself.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to zJatoRad

I'm very happy with my 8.5 and my Go 5 Port, I don't think I can ask for more, after 3 months of running a hyper 8 and 9 months running a hyper 8.5 I have only broken a front arm. And there is a reason that there are no hopups, it doesn't need any, i'm super happy with HoBao quality.

I'm not sure if i'm going to jump on the 9 though, at least not this year, i'm sure it will be a great buggy, but I think i'll invest in a truggy (hyper st xD)
Old 05-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

ocm has good customer service i never doubted that.. i drove for them for a while.. the thing that i never liked was there durability.. it seemed every time i raced it was something else. there are alot of good cars out there these days. i just wish ocm would use better plastics, i believe that would solve most if not all of there durability issues. again this is just my take on this car.
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:29 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
Well I just got my OCM order in and all I can say is IMO there is nothing out there that can compare to the quality of the OCM. It is just amazing. I have owned many RC's and Alan Burton is making sure they are the $h1T!!! I have seen the X-ray buggies and even that is not comparable. Now I am just talking about the looks of the buggy and how it is built. I have not ran it yet and that may be a different story but until I run my personal one I cannot say. There is nothing on there that needs upgrading. Congrats to OCM. All people have to do is get a chance to see one in person. I was very skeptical this whole time waiting for my order and never seeing one in person but it 100% built to race!

Hey RC revolution if you want any pics of certain stuff let me know. To me it does not matter if the LHS carries what I run because 9 out of 10 times they do not have the right part anyways and needs to be ordered so it is the same if I just order it myself.

Does anyone else notice his sig says he is an OCM dealer?????

Just wondering if I was the only one that caught that.

Kyosho 777 WC w/ big bores, RB S5, ACE 1313 s., Air 357 t., JP-3
HPI Savage X SS, Axial .28, Hitec 5645 Steering servo
Nitro TC3, O.S. .18 CV-R
Associated RC18T, Brushless, Lipo
wes95_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:48 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Quote:
thought you were interested in the OCM? Oh well, everyone has the right to change there mind. The hypers are really good buggies. If it were me I would wait for the hyper 9.
He always changes his mind. Dunno bout him, but I told him I'm sold on the 8.5 pro and selling my truggy.
HarKonnenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:51 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Quote:
Well I just got my OCM order in and all I can say is IMO there is nothing out there that can compare to the quality of the OCM. It is just amazing. I have owned many RC's and Alan Burton is making sure they are the $h1T!!! I have seen the X-ray buggies and even that is not comparable.
I saw the bulkheads aren't flat at the base, causing dirt to enter. SOme guy had to file it (check out the proper OCM buggy thread). Additionally I think the DT-19 has been revised more than 2 times (I know there're 3 different shock towers, bevel gear and pinion, soft bulkheads causing bevel gear and pinion mesh issues etc etc)

Not flaming the buggy, just my opinion as an ex-owner. Customer follow-up is good though, but since the first day of owning the OCM, it was like testing a beta product. Constant updates (although they are free in some cases) can't help me stop worrying that my run is affected by outdated parts.

Alan B. is very helpful and supportive though

Peace
razor_clawzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:21 AM   #11
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarKonnenD View Post
He always changes his mind. Dunno bout him, but I told him I'm sold on the 8.5 pro and selling my truggy.
once im set on something I dont change my mind, im set on the hyper.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:19 AM   #12
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes95_z28 View Post
Does anyone else notice his sig says he is an OCM dealer?????

Just wondering if I was the only one that caught that.
Yes it says ocm dealer. If I was trying to hide that I would not put it there. Did you notice though I was only talking about the looks of the buggy? If I was trying to sell this to everyone here and promote just that buggy I would have said something like this..."This is a awesome buggy, handles better than anything I have ever driven and faster than anything I have ever driven too. Hit to fence posts head on full speed and not a scratch! Also tried to clear this quad at my track and landed wrong and it flipped about 20 times and landed on all 4's and off I went, not a scratch!. You NEED TO BUY THIS BUGGY! IT IS THE BEST!!!"..... But I did not. I said I will have to wait and see how it runs to give a honest opinion which if you search other forums and see my posts I am honest about everything I say and bash nobody. If I have not experience with something I will not comment on it. I know I am new here but not a newbie by any means.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:23 AM   #13
Tech Master

I already delt with new cars on the on-road scene and it took them a WHILE to get it right.

I went from RD Mongoose in 2004, to TM G4S in 2006 and TMG4RS in 2008, and the Mongoose broke often, the G4S broke on me once, and the G4RS I havent ran yet.

but it took them a good 4 years to get it right.

so I will go ofna for my buggy, and hopefulyl Mugen will have their truggy out by the tiem I want it.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:26 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

How did this turn into a thread about OCM quality?

So you want a hyper. Good for you. I hope it fits your needs. The hyper9 looks to be a sweet ride as well. Everybody does what they need to do. I personally dont like running what everyone else runs.

If you have comments or concerns regarding OCM, please post them in the appropriate thread so owners and team drivers have a chance to comment as well.

Good luck with the Hyper. It is a good ride.
XT8 Hobbywing 150a esc/2000kv combo KILLER! Full rc-monster e conversion. 4s
slaytanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:32 AM   #15
Tech Master

for the record, I never even mentioned OCM in my first post,

someone else did, and I still defended OCM, but its just not for me...