Wiki Posts
Search

Got the car picked out! now I wait...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slaytanic
How did this turn into a thread about OCM quality?

So you want a hyper. Good for you. I hope it fits your needs. The hyper9 looks to be a sweet ride as well. Everybody does what they need to do. I personally dont like running what everyone else runs.

If you have comments or concerns regarding OCM, please post them in the appropriate thread so owners and team drivers have a chance to comment as well.

Good luck with the Hyper. It is a good ride.
You are right. Just that I was talking with him before about possibly getting one and saw he changed his mind is all. Well good luck with the hyper 9 if you get it. If it is anything like the previous ones it should be a great buggy.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Here locally, the Hypers are starting to outnumber everything else at the track. This is the same with the ST truggy now too. At Rev. on most any club race night, you will see more Hypers, and they are all very happy with them, which is making more racers want to run them...

Hope you have the same luck with yours, as everyone around here is having.

I have done extensive R&D on the Hyper buggies and truggies, so feel free to ask any questions that might come up...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...
Old 05-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

is there any iisues on these things? like I know some truggies have problems with the diff shimming and such, any known major issues about the buggy?

also when I first got into this hobby I used to know alot of people with ofnas and they broke by just looking at them.

I know is this a Pro kit so it will be stronger, but still how's the durability on these things?
Old 05-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

is there a thread on ocm quality? i was searching and couldnt find one.. lol just kidding guys..
Old 05-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

For the hyper I would suggest dissasemble and loctite. It's done at the factory but sucks. Especially the steering knuckles and the fr and rear dogbone outdrives on the diffs. 2 places I had problems on my 8.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
is there any iisues on these things? like I know some truggies have problems with the diff shimming and such, any known major issues about the buggy?

also when I first got into this hobby I used to know alot of people with ofnas and they broke by just looking at them.

I know is this a Pro kit so it will be stronger, but still how's the durability on these things?

Ofna carries everything from full Pro buggies, and truggies all the way to the beginner RTR's. The lesser expensive RTR starter buggies have been known to have some issues, and IMO it's not fair to base an opinion of Ofna on the entry level products...

When looking at the Hyper Pro (ST or 8.5) Series, they are for racing, and they are built stronger for that reason. If you break a Hyper 8.5 or Hyper ST, 9 times out of 10 you deserved for it to be broken...That's how strong, and reliable they are...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...
Old 05-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

for the record, I never even mentioned OCM in my first post,

someone else did, and I still defended OCM, but its just not for me...
Not directed at you man. I was strating anything. Just think its fair if someone has concerns that they be asked somewhere where people with knowledge can give an accdurate answer. I looked hard at the Hyper series also. Hope it kicks butt for ya.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitrohouse
Ofna carries everything from full Pro buggies, and truggies all the way to the beginner RTR's. The lesser expensive RTR starter buggies have been known to have some issues, and IMO it's not fair to base an opinion of Ofna on the entry level products...

When looking at the Hyper Pro (ST or 8.5) Series, they are for racing, and they are built stronger for that reason. If you break a Hyper 8.5 or Hyper ST, 9 times out of 10 you deserved for it to be broken...That's how strong, and reliable they are...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...

To also to this point is that the Jammin buggy is also a Ofna Hong Nor based company
Old 05-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Hyper is Hao Bo. Imported by Ofna. Jammin is Hong Nor based. Also imported by Ofna. Two different OEM's
Old 05-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by slaytanic
Hyper is Hao Bo. Imported by Ofna. Jammin is Hong Nor based. Also imported by Ofna. Two different OEM's
That is correct. Ofna is an importer for both HoBao (Hyper Series), and Hong Nor (Jammin, 9.5 series, and the Ultra Series...
Old 05-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jamminnay
ocm has good customer service i never doubted that.. i drove for them for a while.. the thing that i never liked was there durability.. it seemed every time i raced it was something else. there are alot of good cars out there these days. i just wish ocm would use better plastics, i believe that would solve most if not all of there durability issues. again this is just my take on this car.
Who are you? I don't recall your screen name as ever being one of our team drivers.

The only plastic troubles we've ever had was with 1st gen bulkheads and uprights in below freezing weather.....bulkheads have long been fixed and uprights are being fixed now.

Anyway, we appreciate you and all the misleading things you have said about our car.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nitrohouse

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...
I just started in this hobby less than a year ago. Went the cheep route and and got an LX-one. But. by doing this i got a good lesson on what you can and cannot get away with. The funny thing is after ALOT of rework now a few people come over and check my car out. Sure I spent some money,but I've learned what works and dosn't. The one thing I like the most is when the the rich kids fall back and wonder what happened. You can spend all the flow you want but if you don't have CONTROL I'll be right there for the pass. And after every race I smile ALOT. After all we are in this for fun,right?
Old 05-17-2008, 04:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

By the way, I'm 55, bad eyes, sore back(from flippin' all the fast ones) and still think this is a BLAST!
Old 05-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=skeller;4451266]Who are you? I don't recall your screen name as ever being one of our team drivers.

?????????????
Old 05-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Well i have my eyes set soley on the Ofna Hyper buggy, (I will get a buggy first and sell my revo, and then depending on how it goes I will pick up a truggy).

All I have to wait for now is to see how the hyper 9 will be priced and how its reviewed over the 8.5 pro.

I am most likely going to buy a 8.5 pro, I just want to see what the hyper 9 will have to offer since its hopefully right around the corner.

well anways, from anyone who already has the buggy, got any tips suggestions, warnings, etc?
..........?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.