R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-09-2008, 06:37 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crazy4wdracer

Anyone know where I can get these I only need one of each part.

crazy4wdracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:30 AM   #32
Tech Elite

I think i found it: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/7223
Old 06-09-2008, 09:54 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1armed1

It is a cvd rebuild kit that you need, but I'm not sure the sportwerks kit will fit.

Do you need to replace it because of wear or is the set screw hole on the collar stripped?
If it is stripped check the other side, some companies thread both sides.

Dayton
1armed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #34
Tech Elite

I need to buy it because I bought a kit that some of the parts were missing. I don't have any of the parts at all. I probably can't buy a hot bodies cvd rebuild kit because I have cvd's from an lst and I think the stub axles are from a sportwerks buggy but I'm not sure.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:49 PM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I think that the CVD kits for a HPI HellFarter will work.
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:20 PM   #36
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Squid

Well, I went racing yeaterday, missed the quals because of work though. Changed back to the stock springs, and with the 50 wt oil all the way around it was an improvement over the Kyosho springs I was trying to make work. Other than that my set up has remained the same. It was the best racing day for me so far. I won the B (had to start there because of no quals), and after getting hung up on the first lap with another truck, one of my body clips actually punctured his tire and stuck there. I flamed out waiting for the marshals to separate the 2 of us and got restarted 2 laps down. I finished 6th 1 lap down from the winner. All in all not a bad day, and that is the best that the truck has performed for me yet. Stiffening up the springs back to stock seemed to help on the loose rear end, but I still want to try 3 degrees of rear toe.
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageworks View Post
I think that the CVD kits for a HPI HellFarter will work.
Yes, I think they will work. Thanks for the help.
I will have to measure and find out if the stub axles will work.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hey Cory, Check out Truggieracers.com, you will find
alot of info in the HB lightning threads. You may have to
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Found them. I ended up needing the axles off the sportwerks mayhem. Thanks rageworks.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:33 PM   #40
Tech Elite

I did the buggy shock tower conversion on my LSP-R yesterday. It is pretty sweet. I will get out to the track on saturday to try them out. The front springs are way to stiff and the rear springs are just a tad too soft. I think I will go with the Reckward Tuning progressive rate springs. The springs that I have on right now are red front and blue rear. Red being the softest and blue being the hardest and black in between. I will go with reckward soft front and reckward extra hard in the rear. My buddy is also giving me a Jammin 150cc fuel tank to try out since it directly drops in. I'll let everyone know how it works out soon. Too bad I won't have the reckward springs by this weekend.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:32 PM   #41
Tech Elite

I went out to the track today to race but it was raining. I didn't even get onto the track at all because it was raining and it was so muddy. I really wanted to test out those new shock towers too. Oh well, better luck next week hopefully.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:53 PM   #42
Tech Apprentice

How is your engine running ( STS 28)?
Because if have also tryed that engine but I think it was to hard to keep in the right temp.
But now iam running the STS 21 With the red top, and WOOOW.
With af thunder tiger pipe i get almost as mush power as an RB WS7, but more time on the track before i need to pit... I get almost 11 min out of it. And most of the RB engines get maximum 8 min before they need to pit.
ThomasGorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:01 AM   #43
Tech Elite

The engine is running great. I have not had time to run it on the track yet because I was going to race it yesterday but racing got called off because of rain. I only ran one tank thru it in my backyard to make sure it was running right and it ran good. My Axe Rossi .21 gets about 8:30 to the tank with the 125cc Hot Bodies tank. I could probably get 9:30-10:00 with a jammin 150cc tank. Do you know where to get the bump start backplate for the STS D28M. Mine has a roto start backplate but I will be using my starter box.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:51 PM   #44
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdracer View Post
I did the buggy shock tower conversion on my LSP-R yesterday. It is pretty sweet. I will get out to the track on saturday to try them out. The front springs are way to stiff and the rear springs are just a tad too soft. I think I will go with the Reckward Tuning progressive rate springs. The springs that I have on right now are red front and blue rear. Red being the softest and blue being the hardest and black in between. I will go with reckward soft front and reckward extra hard in the rear. My buddy is also giving me a Jammin 150cc fuel tank to try out since it directly drops in. I'll let everyone know how it works out soon. Too bad I won't have the reckward springs by this weekend.
what part #s did you use for it.and what other mods did you have to do to get them to fit...I have the jammin 16mm set up on my sport..but if i could stand them up a liilte more i could get them daild in..if you could post up some pics on the front and rear it would be awsome..

thx
sachoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:59 PM   #45
Tech Elite

No problem, I used the buggy shock towers off the Hot Bodies Lightning 2 Pro. I drilled a hole in the top of the rear shock tower with a dremel and used the hot bodies lightning pro 2 front body mount for the rear of the truggy. I had to dremel ot the body so that the shock towers could stick through. For the front body mount I had to dremel out the stock front/ rear body mount for the truggy and I used the hot bodies buggy/truggy shock mounts and a screw to mount the body mount. It uses the same body holes as the stock front body post mount did. Here are some pics before I mounted the body posts. I didn't take pictures of after I mounted the body posts but I will post them up too asap.