R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-29-2008, 07:33 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1armed1

Pull the shocks off your truggy and measure them.

The new buggy shocks are 97mm front and 112mm rear.

If your shocks are within a mm or 2 they should work fine.

Dayton
1armed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 163 (99%+)

I was told to buy 2 sets of rears and limit the set you're gonna put on the front 5mm
pink_sleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #18
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Squid

I got mine just to be different than everyone else at the track, 90% of the truggies here are 8T's.
I too am having a few issues with set up. The truck woun't finish a corner very well, it pushes bad past mid corner. If I get on the throttle at all the truck just straightens out. And the other problem I have is when I push hard trying to go flat out all the time the rear won't stay in line, any little steering input down the straight, and the rear just wants to come around.
7000 front 30000 center and 3000 rear
50 WT oil all the way around
2.5mm swaybar in the front 3.0 in the rear
I am running some old Kyosho white buggy springs all the way around, they are a bit soft, but better than the stock springs at the moment. I figured I would try them as the guy at the LHS sold me the set for $5.00 because thay had been on the wall for a couple years.
I hope I miss read above, I had the LHS order me up the springs from the original LSP (red and blue), are they going to fit?

The CVD shafts are the same length as the original LSP, you just have to change out the stub axles if you get the entire CVD.
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #19
Tech Apprentice

About the loose rear end..... Try some more toe in in the rear.... that will give you some more stability....

My diff setup at the most tracks here en denmark are:
5000/15000 or 20000/ 2000 or 3000 i dont know if that would help a little.

I have had alot of problems with the front hubs breaking. Do any of you guys have the same problem?
ThomasGorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:14 PM   #20
Tech Rookie

The only part I have broken, is 1 CVD shaft. Didn't really break, just bent it, and after pounding it back straight a couple times, I finally got a new one.

I have been looking for the 3 degree toe blocks for the rear, but I have only found the ones for the old version, and they don't match up. If I don't find the correct part soon, I am going to mod the old style part so that it will fit, hopefully. Where are you finding your parts? I have had the best luck with GreatPlanes, they seem to have most of what has been released for the LS2P. I can't even find parts on e-bay.

As said above, I hope Hotbodies gets thier act together soon, I like the truck so far, I hope I don't have to switch mid way through the race season because I can't get parts.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crazy4wdracer

Thats the reason that I didn't switch to the lightning stadium 2 pro. The parts are hard to find. My LSP-R is modded to my likings so I may never switch. I'm very happy with it so far.
crazy4wdracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
The only part I have broken, is 1 CVD shaft. Didn't really break, just bent it, and after pounding it back straight a couple times, I finally got a new one.

I have been looking for the 3 degree toe blocks for the rear, but I have only found the ones for the old version, and they don't match up. If I don't find the correct part soon, I am going to mod the old style part so that it will fit, hopefully. Where are you finding your parts? I have had the best luck with GreatPlanes, they seem to have most of what has been released for the LS2P. I can't even find parts on e-bay.

As said above, I hope Hotbodies gets thier act together soon, I like the truck so far, I hope I don't have to switch mid way through the race season because I can't get parts.
Have you tried contacting Hot Bodies direct?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:16 AM   #23
Tech Apprentice

I get my parts from my LHS here in denmark.... But its still hard to get I think.
And to me it seems like you have to work your car trough the race to finish it not concentrate on trying to win it.
The durability of the car dont seems to stand up to the other brands. I really hope that the car will get a make over when they are done with the buggy, I really dont wanne go to another brand. But I might go that way if I cant get the car to hold up
Old 06-08-2008, 10:18 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGorski View Post
I get my parts from my LHS here in denmark.... But its still hard to get I think.
And to me it seems like you have to work your car trough the race to finish it not concentrate on trying to win it.
The durability of the car dont seems to stand up to the other brands. I really hope that the car will get a make over when they are done with the buggy, I really dont wanne go to another brand. But I might go that way if I cant get the car to hold up
There will be a new truggy in the works for you guys after the release of the buggy is complete
Old 06-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #25
Tech Apprentice

Will it be "more" race then RTR/Basher like....
And i hope it will be like a real kit not preassempled. Because you still need to take it a part and reaasemple it
Old 06-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Will it be "more" race then RTR/Basher like....
And i hope it will be like a real kit not preassempled. Because you still need to take it a part and reaasemple it
It should be race based off the D8 and in kit form not pre built. The D8 will not be coming prebuilt
Old 06-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #27
Tech Apprentice

Is the design progress started on the truggy or will HB get started after the release of the D8?
And do HB got some team drivers to get the beast tested and give the designers feed back, on what works and what does not?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Is the design progress started on the truggy or will HB get started after the release of the D8?
And do HB got some team drivers to get the beast tested and give the designers feed back, on what works and what does not?
That info i do not no
Old 06-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #29
Tech Rookie

I have not called or e-mailed HB directly yet, but I have checked thier site, everything I want is out of stock.

I do have an e-mail addy that I have not used for personal reasons from my contacts at Sav central. I may just have to see if I can get some info that way in the near future.

Some more info I have figured out on my own:

Arms are the same length as original LSP.
CVDs are same length, but stub axles are different. Complete old CVDs could be used with Savage 17mm hexes and pins plus the Savage X wheel nuts if you have to go that route. Or 14 mm hexes if you have tire mounted to 14mm wheels.
Sway bars are inter changeable with original LSP.

Havent measured yet, but the diffs look the same as a Savage's, so the savage aluminum cups shoud fit. I have not verified this yet though!
Old 06-09-2008, 05:53 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crazy4wdracer

If the arms are the same length as the original lsp you could use losi lst cvd's. Those are what I have on my original LSP-R. I have never bent one and so far they show no signs of wear.

I am looking for stub axles for my backup lsp-r. Is it right that the sportwerks turmoil has the same stub axles? I think i heard that somewhere.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5519 (Those look about right but I'm not sure. Anyone know if these will fit?
crazy4wdracer is offline   Reply With Quote