Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
CEO Mods. vs EB Mods >

CEO Mods. vs EB Mods

CEO Mods. vs EB Mods

Old 05-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Not sure what you mean in the first part Max, but will give my opinion for the ladder part.
Usually if I am in need of a motor modded, though it seems that the mfg.'s have decided to just do their own now. I am looking for any number of things or combination thereof. Hp, Torque, reliability, powerband, fuel consumption are factors that I will look at and then if I can get some wheel time see if the motor fits my driving. Am I faster or slower with it. Out here in the West many tracks tend to be slick outdoors at somepoint and should be taken in to account because a super high Hp motor on that type of track may not be the best. Not that its a bad thing to have it, but not always needed. Its like taking the baddest on road motor where traction is usually high and the track can take the Hp, but loose the high traction and the motor can go from the best thing since sliced bread to the worst thing out there. Different applications and track types will require different motors to a point.
Another thing I will take in to account is the reputation of that modder. More so on the customer service side of that. Can I easily get in contact with them if needed, tech. support if I need it? Those sort of things. A big plus is if I can run accross them from time to time at one of the tracks I go to? Sometimes that can be a big help on race day. Lastly for me would be price for the service. If its really worth it, price usually comes in last.
One thing that my be a factor for many would be, did it win on Sun. and who was the driver? Happens alot. Sorry for the length Max.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Red face

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
I'm not sure what Eb Mods is doing now that Ed is working with Trinity, either full on or in part. Could be intresting trying to run two shops so to speak.
On CEO, I too have had a couple of motors take longer than usual to get back to me. Actually my 367's are still there, been about a month or so. I did get Chris on the phone last week and got to talk to him for a bit. He is real backed up right now for whatever the reason, but is trying to get as much done as he can. Not an easy task when you are an one man army all the time. Best I can tell you is to keep trying to catch him on the phone, but know that every call he does take is that much less time to get a motor done.
Eddy only has 1 shop to run in Larksvill PA.
That's were he does all the engine mods & R&D work for EB Mods & Team Trinty.There is not another engine Modder out there going to the extreme in testing and R&D like Eddy Bridges. Engines are not a part time job for him! He has a true passion to build awesome engines all day everyday. =)

Last edited by jpalessi; 05-16-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
Eddy only has 1 shop to run in Larksvill PA.
That's were he does all the engine mods & R&D work for EB Mods & Team Trinty.There is not another engine Modder out there going to the extreme in testing and R&D like Eddy Bridges. Engines are not a part time gig for him! He has a true passion to build awesome engines all day everyday. =)

So let me ask...what does a EB Modded engine do that any other modders engine can't do ? I understand Ed has lots of fancy gear and according to you does more testing then anyone else, but honestly how much tech really ends up in a EB modded engine you buy at the LHS ? Do Ed's motors make the most power ? Highest RPM ? Best gas Mileage... Will they win a parking lot race against your buddies ? are they good for typical clay tracks, high altitude, dirt tracks, top end runs, sled pulling,hill climbing etc. Are they more suited for racing, or are they good bashers ? Do they do better on slippery tracks, or do they like high traction tracks ?

My point is that every modified engine will have its own unique characteristics and suitable applications..The characteristics of a modified engine are directly related to the type and degree of the work being done..You just cannot define every modders product as just "A Modded Engine" as there are huge variations in the final results of each shops processes... Which also brings about the idea of comparing prices for modifications, the fact is everyone has their own unique product and scale of value.. Some modders stage 1 can be more aggressive then another modders stage 3... I believe these days you can buy a Stage 10 from a couple of companies....The engine modding industry is all about perceived value based off name recognition....

Myself I have always been a fan of the knockout punch, so to me the best engines produce the highest TQ and HP..the crazier the motor is the happier I am... I am a drag racer at heart and to me winning on the back straight is all that counts !!! LOL
Old 05-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

First of all EB Mods is 1 of very few who use a dyno to see HP & TQ gains.
He also is the only guy I know of using a flow bench to test flow of engines, carbs, ECT... All engine mods are done on mills & lathes to achieve accurate & consistent modding from engine to engine.
EB Mods is not just a mod shop... He also has done ALOT of product development for a lot companies in this industry.
Max if u like drag racing the EB Mod engines are for u!!
I travel the east coast racing in different altitudes on different surfaces all the time and the engines are always great... If Ed Bridges fingerprints aren't on it I ant running it! LOL

Last edited by jpalessi; 05-16-2008 at 04:19 PM. Reason: i cant spell fa *%*
Old 05-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

First of all EB Mods is 1 of very few who use a dyno to see HP & TQ gains.
He also is the only guy I now of useing a flow bench to test flow of engines, carbs, ECT... All engine mods are done on mills & lathes to achive accurate & consistent modding from engine to engine.
EB Mods is not just a mod shop... He also has done ALOT of product development for alot companies like Trinty, Werks, TQ, Go Tech, OS, SH, and list goes on..
Max if u like drag racing the EB Mod engines are for u!!

So you would say ED tunes his motors more for drag racing, so on a slippery track they could be at a disadvantage ? Are they clutch and pipe picky ? You see i own quite a few drag modded engines and I know first hand a drag motor likes a higher stall clutch and pipe selection must be spot on.....
Old 05-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maximo
So you would say ED tunes his motors more for drag racing, so on a slippery track they could be at a disadvantage ? Are they clutch and pipe picky ? You see i own quite a few drag modded engines and I know first hand a drag motor likes a higher stall clutch and pipe selection must be spot on.....
Overall Ed is all about performance, speed , power, and run time.
Pipe picky NO! I was running a 8mm venturi with a 2060 pipe on a V spec. On the Trinity EX Tech engines we have been running the 2013. Clutches yes! you would want to use a high stall clutch on an Eb Mod engine..
Chec out some dyno sheets:http://ebmods.com/Dyno%20Graphs.htm
Old 05-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

So what you guys are saying is that ED makes a "cost effective" mill in other words
Old 05-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Overall Ed is all about performance, speed , power, and run time.
Pipe picky NO! I was running a 8mm venturi with a 2060 pipe on a V spec. On the Trinity EX Tech engines we have been running the 2013. Clutches yes! you would want to use a high stall clutch on an Eb Mod engine..
Chec out some dyno sheets:http://ebmods.com/Dyno%20Graphs.htm
I was thinking perhaps a TTR 2053
Old 05-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Vsfriedmugan
I was thinking perhaps a TTR 2053
053 works good too! just use the 9mm venturri
it won't be as smooth but it's good! alot of these anwsers are on http://ebmods.com/EBMods%20Home%20Page.htm
Old 05-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Vsfriedmugan
So what you guys are saying is that ED makes a "cost effective" mill in other words

cost effective engines! YES! I'm tellin you.. you guys want to try a great engine at a good price
:http://www.teamtrinity.com/shop/item.asp?item=TRI40060
Old 05-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

cost effective engines! YES! I'm tellin you.. you guys want to try a great engine at a good price
:http://www.teamtrinity.com/shop/item.asp?item=TRI40060
I just ordered mine this week. Ed was the main reason that I am running the Trinity engines now.

Colin
Old 05-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by C Branch
I just ordered mine this week. Ed was the main reason that I am running the Trinity engines now.

Colin
See Colin knows whats up!
I just bolted mine in last night. Colin you will not be disappointed the engines are awesome!
Old 05-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

See Colin knows whats up!
I just bolted mine in last night. Colin you will not be disappointed the engines are awesome!

I don't have any doubts, knowing that Ed is involved, they will be awesome!!

Colin
Old 05-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by C Branch
I don't have any doubts, knowing that Ed is involved, they will be awesome!!

Colin
The best part is knowing the engines are already great and only going to get better and better with Ed on board at Team Trinty.

Last edited by jpalessi; 05-16-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
Not sure what you mean in the first part Max, but will give my opinion for the ladder part.
Usually if I am in need of a motor modded, though it seems that the mfg.'s have decided to just do their own now. I am looking for any number of things or combination thereof. Hp, Torque, reliability, powerband, fuel consumption are factors that I will look at and then if I can get some wheel time see if the motor fits my driving. Am I faster or slower with it. Out here in the West many tracks tend to be slick outdoors at somepoint and should be taken in to account because a super high Hp motor on that type of track may not be the best. Not that its a bad thing to have it, but not always needed. Its like taking the baddest on road motor where traction is usually high and the track can take the Hp, but loose the high traction and the motor can go from the best thing since sliced bread to the worst thing out there. Different applications and track types will require different motors to a point.
Another thing I will take in to account is the reputation of that modder. More so on the customer service side of that. Can I easily get in contact with them if needed, tech. support if I need it? Those sort of things. A big plus is if I can run accross them from time to time at one of the tracks I go to? Sometimes that can be a big help on race day. Lastly for me would be price for the service. If its really worth it, price usually comes in last.
One thing that my be a factor for many would be, did it win on Sun. and who was the driver? Happens alot. Sorry for the length Max.
With the lack of grip your track may have, i would also recomend looking at the GO 7 port turbo, alot of my customers that have ran v specs like the feel of this motor due to it's linier feel off the bopttom end and the mid to top is very strong, i run this motor with a 053 and P3 or P6 plug, odonnell plugs also work very well, runtime is very good also, anywhere from 9 to 11 with temps in range of 230 and 260. as for wins alot of my motors have won races and finished very well at big races. Corey Johnson runs for me and was in the last round of qualifiers at the truck Nat's behind Mark Pavidas befor his steering servo whent crazy, he would have been in the top 24 at the pace he was at. My name is Brian, from Pro Twister Mods, just thought i would introduce myself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.