Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8Ight T - a good starter Truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 06:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)
Default 8Ight T - a good starter Truggy?

I am looking to get my 7 year old son into 1/8th scale racing. He is real comfortable with 10th scale electric truck (xxx-t MF2) and there is no electric offroad near us in the summer.

I have an 8ight buggy and an 8ight starter box for me, and was thinking the 8ight truggy would be a good fit for him.

Any reason why the kid couldn't get some good experience with this truggy?

Feedback is appreciated.

Anyone have a 8ight T roller for sale???

Thanks!
Jeremy
Old 05-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Any truggy at this level will be good. Set up the steering correct( end points, aluminum servo saver, lock tite the saver nut two threads higher thenflush and your set) Having both truggy and buggy will be a little easier on your pocket as many parts are interchangeable What a lucky seven year old. My son is 13 bashing a savage. I have an 8t and love it.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I have to agree, with you already owning an 8ight an 8ight T would help on the parts and you have the box to start it, another plus. I would get some extra rear arm pins where the hubs attach along with the reccomaditions from the above post. The reason is that the truggy seems to be a little harder on them than the buggy, though I have bent both. I know there is a larger pin out there for the 8ight buggy and truggy from one of the after market co.'s that is highly reccomended. I just keep an eye on those on the truggy and go from there. Another item to consider getting is the quick change morot mounts for both, either from Losi or an after market co. It helps with motor work and in a pinch you could do a quick swap between the two if need be. Lucky kid indeed.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Thanks for the reassurance and pointers that I am not doing something dumb. Yeah, the kids kinda lucky I guess, but he loves racing and I could never live with the guilt if I didn't have something for him to race too. I am selling almost all of our electric stuff to fund the truggy. And, you can be assured that dad will run it from time to time.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 05-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think you're going to be glad you have two 8ights when you start racing. If your are satisfied with your buggy you'll be happy with the T.