R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-10-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default engine troubles!!

so i just got a nitro buggy and it is delayed to accelerate, kind of boggy, and the brake is too slow, to the point that it doesn't slow down sometimes. what is going on
kn0bbyba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:06 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

nevermind, i dont know what it was but i fixed it
Old 05-10-2008, 05:14 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn0bbyba11 View Post
nevermind, i dont know what it was but i fixed it
was it your servo?
new to rc cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

i dont know what it was but i just kept running it and adjusting the fuel and it eventually got going correctly

about my servos though, if my receiver is off the servos spaz out until i turn it on, why is this
Old 05-11-2008, 04:03 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Quote:
i dont know what it was but i just kept running it and adjusting the fuel and it eventually got going correctly

about my servos though, if my receiver is off the servos spaz out until i turn it on, why is this
It sounds like it could be a stripped servo arm/horn, or it isint on properly. thats why your acceleration/braking is so weird.

I think youre mixed up. you mean when the receiver is on, and the remote is off, the servos spaz out?

its because (I was told) you should never have your receiver/servos turned on WITHOUT having the remote turned on.

start of the day:
turn remote on
THEN
turn servos on

end of the say:
turn servos off
THEN
turn remote off.

in otherwords, remote is always first one on, last one off.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:44 PM   #6
Tech Initiate

i might have to look into those servos

yeah thats what i meant, someone told me that the remote was the receiver

i have found out that the remote should be turn on first and off last the hard way as my car drove off at full throttle when my remote got switched off
luckily nothing broke and it still runs fine
Old 05-11-2008, 10:11 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Quote:
i might have to look into those servos

yeah thats what i meant, someone told me that the remote was the receiver

i have found out that the remote should be turn on first and off last the hard way as my car drove off at full throttle when my remote got switched off
luckily nothing broke and it still runs fine
no, the remote sends the signal, and receiver receives it.... hence it being a receiver. you should know what that is.

If you dont want that to happen try this, I got one the other day and I like it, havnt had to use it yet though. It applies brakes when the remote goes off or loses signal.. what you experienced.

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...?idproduct=451
Old 05-14-2008, 11:59 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

lol. well the reason that your acceleration was laggy and bogging out was becuase its a new buggy...you need to break in the engine...after that you need to tune it. if you leave it rich it will bog out like you said. the servos twitching is just what you guys are talking about. you need to turn the Transmitter or remote control first then the reciever. if it keeps doing it after you turned both on then the problem is that your battery is low. everyone learns someway. whether its the easy or the hard way. my uncle always tells me.....what the worst that can happen???????? (dont wanna go there)

take a look!!! ---> http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218319&highlight=fadedmindz

TEAM ASSOCIATED RC10T3--> lrp QC2
KYOSHO USA-1--> OS MAX .21 RZ VO1-b
OCM KAOS DT-19:
Go 3 port race spec; WERKS team line b3 PRO; Novarossi 421B
Kyosho MP6-->OS MAX .21 RZ VO1-b
Had:TEAM ASSOCIATED NITRO TC3
SPORTWERKS CHAOS
fadedmindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedmindz View Post
lol. well the reason that your acceleration was laggy and bogging out was becuase its a new buggy...you need to break in the engine...after that you need to tune it. if you leave it rich it will bog out like you said. the servos twitching is just what you guys are talking about. you need to turn the Transmitter or remote control first then the reciever. if it keeps doing it after you turned both on then the problem is that your battery is low. everyone learns someway. whether its the easy or the hard way. my uncle always tells me.....what the worst that can happen???????? (dont wanna go there)
but he also says his brakes dont work... which makes me think his throttle servo arm wasnt put onto the servo properly, he has it spun too much counter clockwise.

He didnt say wether it was a new engine or not, so I assumed it was one that had already been broken in.

then he said he drove it around and it fixed itself... the throttle arm could be a little stripped, and it reset itself back to the proper place, hence it all of a sudden working fine without knobby touching anything.

I dont know, thats just what I think and im probably as new to this as he is.

If his battery was low, wouldnt he be having more problems with steering? I know when my battery is low my steering (and range) sucks, but the throttle is fine as it takes NO effort to move the throttle back and forth. maybe?
Old 05-15-2008, 05:31 PM   #10
Tech Initiate

the brakes work now also but the servos still twitch a little while the remote and receiver are on but not enough to move anything i can just hear them

the batteries are brand new so i dont think that that is it
Old 05-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #11
Tech Regular

Quote:
the brakes work now also but the servos still twitch a little while the remote and receiver are on but not enough to move anything i can just hear them

Yeah mine kind of do that too.. the throttle, on both cars, in getting very bad. damn spektrum z590s....

remember, remote is the first one on, last one off.

also might wanna check for your servo arm/horn being a little stripped or something in the future.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:16 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

Hey guys,

I'll offer a little help here...

When your buggy "ran off" full throttle, when turning the transmitter off first, this should not happen. It sounds like the "Failsafe position" is not correct causing your throttle to go wide open insted of going to full brake. Once the failsafe position is set properly (should be in the radio maunual)the servo's will go to failsafe position when the transmitter is turned off or the reciever battery gets real low.

My brother and I both ordered Associated RC8RTR kits and the servo's started going bad(they loose torque and wont turn the wheels or pull the brakes) then the radio gear started glitching. We bought the Spectrm DX2 and the buggies ate up the 590 and 270 that came with them.
I learned this the hard way in RC helicopter's, get good servos. We switched over to the JR9100T servos and have had no issues. Plus JR has a 3year warrenty. The high end Futaba or HighTech servos should be equally as good.
jediwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #13
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwannabe View Post
Hey guys,

I'll offer a little help here...

When your buggy "ran off" full throttle, when turning the transmitter off first, this should not happen. It sounds like the "Failsafe position" is not correct causing your throttle to go wide open insted of going to full brake. Once the failsafe position is set properly (should be in the radio maunual)the servo's will go to failsafe position when the transmitter is turned off or the reciever battery gets real low.

My brother and I both ordered Associated RC8RTR kits and the servo's started going bad(they loose torque and wont turn the wheels or pull the brakes) then the radio gear started glitching. We bought the Spectrm DX2 and the buggies ate up the 590 and 270 that came with them.
I learned this the hard way in RC helicopter's, get good servos. We switched over to the JR9100T servos and have had no issues. Plus JR has a 3year warrenty. The high end Futaba or HighTech servos should be equally as good.
yeah the 270 is complete trash, garbage from day 1. The 590 is good for about a week, then it is also trash.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:39 PM   #14
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:

get a hump pack those 4 AA packs are no good. trust me it took me for ever to realize that

take a look!!! ---> http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218319&highlight=fadedmindz

TEAM ASSOCIATED RC10T3--> lrp QC2
KYOSHO USA-1--> OS MAX .21 RZ VO1-b
OCM KAOS DT-19:
Go 3 port race spec; WERKS team line b3 PRO; Novarossi 421B
Kyosho MP6-->OS MAX .21 RZ VO1-b
Had:TEAM ASSOCIATED NITRO TC3
SPORTWERKS CHAOS
fadedmindz is offline   Reply With Quote