R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor_clawzz View Post
Bro, I think let's ignore the amount of blue smoke rule. Right now if you wanna achieve a certain operating temp, go for that.

Remember, ignore the amount of smoke coming out at the time being.

Try HSN at Flush (3~3 1/2 turns out) and LSN at 4 1/2 out, Idle gap between 0.8~0.6mm. Tune from here, hoping to hear from you soon. Good luck! BTW I think it's best to always keep spare plugs

Hi new to rc cars

This is how I see my things: HSN influences the fuel flow, LSN influences the air flow. Oh yeah, simply put, idle is to allow enough air into the engine to keep it alive.

Please correct me if I'm wrong :S
sounds right to me, theres some helpful info there thanks.

except I think LSN also influences fuel flow, just in very tiny increments, they influence when you accelerate. I think.
new to rc cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:31 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by new to rc cars View Post
sounds right to me, theres some helpful info there thanks.

except I think LSN also influences fuel flow, just in very tiny increments, they influence when you accelerate. I think.
Oh I left something out, HSN affects the overall range, meaning top, mid and low, whereas the LSN only affects the low end.

That's why people always tune from the HSN (influences everything), LSN(affects low end) then finally the idle(just to keep the motor from dying out).

Glad to help, cheers ~
razor_clawzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:50 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivero View Post
Hi everybody on the forum this is my first post here and i'm in need of some help, i have a hyper8 pro with a AXE mamba .21 engine, i installed the turbo head. i just have finished the break in but after a 5 or 8 min of running the engine seems to stay accelerated at the point that when i do a jump and relase the throttle the engine keep accelerated all the jump, also when the car is running and i relase the throttle the car keeps going for about 2 seg and make take the turns a bit tricky. the iddle is ok. i checked the low speed needle but if i turn it rich a bit the acceleration feels slugish and i donīt know if l need to lean more, and for the high speed needle i think is ok, the temperature keeps around 260F its always blue smoke coming out the exhaust and if i turn it a 1/8 turn leaner the temp goes to 270 or 280F, so i donīt want to lean it more. The engine performace doesnīt feels right , it has a fine off line acceleration but after that feels a little slugish and sounds like is in the rich side, what should i look for?, i live in venezuela and we have here a very hot climate. any advise will help. thanks guys. iīm running with 20% nitro and a os p7 plug.
Dear Sir

Ultra hobbies in Australia is the importer here his name is brad smith and he knows those engines inside out and so do his drivers .

contact him by email

website www.ultrahobbies.com.au and go to contacts and fill in the form .

if anyone can help you it will be brad or one of his drivers .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote