How often do you replace Clutch Shoes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How often do you replace Clutch Shoes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default How often do you replace Clutch Shoes?

I tried to search on this but didn't come up with much...

How often do you change your clutch shoes? I heard some people go through them in 20 minutes...

If that is normal then just call me a noob... cause I am to nitro.

I have a Losi 8ight, what can I expect when racing? I want to make sure I am stocked up properly.

Thanks, -Don
Old 05-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

There's alot of variables when you talk about clutches.
What kind of surface run on, what engine, what clutch springs, maintenace practices, trigger happy or not, shoe hardness.

You should always have one extra set of shoes and springs just in case you need them. It's really something you'll have to just run the car and see how long they last for you. Some of the losi guys can probably give you a good idea how long they last though.

If you're new to nitro I wouldn't go all out and try figure out clutches and all that just yet. I'm sure guys will tell you to run three different springs and one this or that, 2 shoes of this, and two shoes of that. I would suggest just running the stock setup and go turn laps. Learn to tune the engine and get your brakes set just how you like before you get to heavy into chassis/diff/shock/clutch/pipe tuning.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Dynamite maxlife shoes, over 2 gallons threw them so far.. Love them shoes, and they make them for a few different cars..
Old 05-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

20minutes........the stock shoes on a losi arent the greatest....id reccomend the Dyna max life's and u should easily see a couple gallons of life....stock up on clutch bearings if anything...imo bearings should be changed at Least every 1/2 gallon...why loose a race over a stupid little bearing thats worth 1$.