R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution
Default Question about OCM DT19-T Truggy

Whats the parts support in the states like? I never heard of OCM.

how are they stacking up to the competition in durability speed, handling, etc...

also whats the price for these and where can you buy them?

finally is there any pro kit version of the truggy, or is that the best model out for that truggy?
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:02 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to CHogle

the parts support will be pretty good all the major online shops currently carry OCM parts,they are right at the top in both quality and speed, with the major players in R/C.
thay are priced realitivly cheap they are around the 375 to 425 range, im not exact on the price however im basing this off the buggy price on a-main.
There is a PRO ARR that is pre built (simmular to what Associated is doing with the Rc8), just add oils and go.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to CHogle

Here's the link to the form for the truggy's.

OCM KAOS TRUGGY(PRO AND RTR)

hope this helps
Old 05-06-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
Tech Master

is there a pro kit with upgraded aluminum parts out already or plans for one?

like what does the pro kit have? I see the truggy is also a pivot ball design which is something I would like to have different sooo.

but yea is there a pro kit that comes completely unassembled, no engine no pipe, no radio, stuff like that
Old 05-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post

like what does the pro kit have? I see the truggy is also a pivot ball design which is something I would like to have different sooo.

but yea is there a pro kit that comes completely unassembled, no engine no pipe, no radio, stuff like that
The ARR kit is the PRO version with all needed goodies (both Truggy and Buggy), it's assembled and does not come with engine/pipe/electronics. There there will be RTR versions later on but they are a different story.
Poinas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #6
Tech Master

man... after building 3 kits I would not want to buy anything already built, I love building my own kit, and knowning where everything goes.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Quote:

The only aluminum on the car is the chassis and braces ,radio tray and steering assembly top plates, ackerman plate and center diff top plate. We have option aluminum rear uprights and option alum. center diff mounts...lightened hardcoated chassis...pillow balls...wheel nuts and flywheel. There is a "Team Kit" in the works which will include all of he above mentioned option parts.

What "upgraded aluminum" are you looking for?

Everything is ARR now....this ensures that ALL parts are there. Diffs and shocks come without oil.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:54 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Quote:
man... after building 3 kits I would not want to buy anything already built, I love building my own kit, and knowning where everything goes.
I agree...I like to build my own kits as well. These are not as bad as I thought they would be. I check and loctite all the screws, shim the diffs and put my setup on it and go. Not quite the same as building a kit...but it's not too bad.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:15 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'm on the other side of the "Race Rollers" vs "kit" preference. I want to put my gear in and go. I've been in this hobby for over 25 years and have built more kits than I can count!

I have no problem doing set-up like diff fluids, shock oils and the like, but man I could care less if I never built another tie-rod....
HPI - Blitz
bushyar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I like the race roller idea too, you'll learn where everything goes doing maintenance, cleaning, fixing broke parts.
My dt-19t came with aluminum rear uprights, I really like the split diff setup, the aluminum center diff mount is a upgrade I'm considering.
I've been in the hobby over 15 yrs, I'm impressed with the OCM quality shown in this truggy. It's a well thought out design, finish on aluminum parts nice, plastic seems to be durable.
I respect OCM's decision to delay the release to deal with some issues, rather than having problems,like so many manufacturers releasing kits with issues and having the consumer deal with the problems.
When the truggy finally hits the shelves, people will see it's been worth the wait.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cheesecake

the support from the team members and from alan is excellent for the buggy the trugy currently is a little scarce since it really hasnt been released but once it is expect some top notch customer support
cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #12
Tech Master

whats the release date for this truck? and how much for the better kit?

also umm the screws are they allen or philips?
what material was used in the pivot balls?
does it have sway bars/anti roll bars?

does the kit come with wheels, tires, and a body?

also this may be a stupid question, but since its a almost rtr does it come with a manual on how to build it?
Old 05-07-2008, 06:53 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i hope truggy wil come out summer time but i dont know what date/release
taztal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:00 PM   #14
Tech Master

I was hoping to have a new truggy by june, doesnt look liek thats the case if I wait for ocm to release (not to be rude or anything, I know you're making it better, but its just the case at hand)