Wiki Posts
Search

Caster Racing Digital Servo

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default Caster Racing Digital Servo

Hi All,

How do the Caster Racing Digital Servos compare to other brands?

Thanks for all your help
Old 05-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

They are equal to or greater than anyone else out there, just like everything else we make. Hopefully, some of our team drivers will respond. I know that several use them and some others are asking about them also. I honestly haven't heard anyone complain about them yet.

Mike Mazza
Old 05-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
They are equal to or greater than anyone else out there, just like everything else we make. Hopefully, some of our team drivers will respond. I know that several use them and some others are asking about them also. I honestly haven't heard anyone complain about them yet.

Mike Mazza
Does Caster make this servo...or does someone OEM it for them?
Old 05-07-2008, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Where do you find these servos? Never heard of them, a link please.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

www.casterracingusa.com
Old 05-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am going to try them out real soon. The steering servo supposedly has 200oz. of torque.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

As far as I know, Caster Racing makes their own servos.

Mike Mazza
Old 05-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After reading this thread I thought I would take a peak at the caster web site for the first time. I was impressed. Very nice site and is very fluid in use. I do have a question though..... When they list "our price" is that about what you would find it for at the LHS? Also not to hi-jack the thread but the hex drivers look very nice and was curious if anyone has them and what they think of them?
Old 05-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

we tested the servos about 3 months ago .this is what we found .

electronics burnt out easily
servo never zerod properly
and cases cracked.

now i dont know maybe they have fixed the problems.

but thats the results we got .
Old 05-10-2008, 04:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blowpopracer
After reading this thread I thought I would take a peak at the caster web site for the first time. I was impressed. Very nice site and is very fluid in use. I do have a question though..... When they list "our price" is that about what you would find it for at the LHS? Also not to hi-jack the thread but the hex drivers look very nice and was curious if anyone has them and what they think of them?
I have some on order but they are not in yet. I think they are waiting for there shipment of them.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

wow $142 and the servo cases still crack?

I had that problem with $30 bluebird servos

How do Ace servos compare to caster servos?

173oz for $75 is alot better price
Old 05-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
wow $142 and the servo cases still crack?

I had that problem with $30 bluebird servos

How do Ace servos compare to caster servos?

173oz for $75 is alot better price
Ace Servos are DaBomb!
I run a DS1015 in my BJ4 and LOVE IT!

And IMO... The Caster Racing Servos look just like the Team Cobra servos?

Old 05-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by COBRARACING

and cases cracked.

Wow, funny to see that everytime CobraRacing post here in rctech.net about other brand products, usually all its BAD and all its cracked/burned/dont last, except CobraRacing products lol !!!

cya,

Pat
Old 05-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

Default Hey Angelo!

Originally Posted by COBRARACING

and cases cracked.

Angelo, funny how your servos look identical to Caster servos and have the same specs i.e. 9kg, 13kg, 18kg ect. ect. Ive got an idea, why dont you just leave everyone else alone. All you ever do is bash everyone else just to make yourself look better! I bet you are a small person who got beat up in school alot. You have got to be one of the most negative and destructive force on rc-tech. If you know whats good for you, youll apologize for your comment, and leave this thread or I will personally be on your thread everyday bashing your product. Im so sick of your comments I could throw up, and I know everyone else is too! I particullarly like the comment of how you personally designed your electronics, why dont you prove that comment! To everyone else, dont let this guy push us around anymore, its people like Angelo that gives our hobby a bad name.

On a side note, our online prices are there just for retail sakes, you can find them for much better prices at hobby stores, if there arent any there as your hobby store to contact casterracingusa and well help you out.

I am sorry for my disgust at Angelo, but I am so over his bashing other peoples products. Especially when his look identical to ours which means he probably buys his components at the same factory!! Angelo MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND STAY IN YOUR OWN PERFECT THREAD!
Old 05-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

OK, I stand corrected, I did some research and our servos are in fact oem made by someone else. I apologize for any confusion I might have caused.

Now, that being said, I am considering forwarding this thread to the manufacturer of our servos and see how they feel about a representative of another company spouting off a comment like that. It is apparent that there are people here who know Angelo and his opinions, but he stated what would be perceived as an actual fact.
New people to this industry or people who do not know better, (potential customers) might actually believe his post and as a result, jeopardize the ability of a company like Caster to be able to sell products in a fair market.

Obviously, there is the notion of free speech and I fully support it, and if it was a racer or customer who says that the servos suck or they had a problem and gave us the opportunity to respond, I would be all for it. But when another company claims they did a test and gives no credible details as to their testing methods, etc... That is called libel.

I would highly recommend that Angelo either retract his comments or explain them in detail, or I might just offer him an all expense paid trip to Iowa....and I won't be paying it. I have 37 questions that I will be asking....

Mike Mazza
Caster Racing USA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.